Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any Weekend Goals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Feb 25, 2017.

1. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

No snow here, stinking hot and can't wait for things to cool down!! I however finally managed to drop the body back over the frame, well slide it across on wheel dollies and jack it up. It's been quite a few years since they were together and shoulder surgery. It's roughly ride height now, all I need to do is put some wheels on it so it can be moved to a workshop and some rust repairs (Floor & cowl) and minor fabrication. Disregard OT suspension. 20170305_173537.jpg

UNSHINED 2 and The37Kid like this.
  2. Legendlives

Legendlives

Weekend goals achieved!
    Finish-welded all of the rollcage (and other major joints) on my project.
    Next step will be the body mounts. Very exciting times!!!!

The37Kid likes this.
  3. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

I got zip done. Family over all weekend, kids, grandkids, sister and her family.

Storm coming Tuesday, 10" to 20" of snow, don't care ill fire up the heat and work on the car.

Rearend is complete with the new gears and spring, just need to add the parking brake cables.

Gonna redo the rear kick up on the frame, working on the buck now.

Cliff Ramsdell

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Car wise I didn't get anything done either, gathered all the loose firewood in the yard and got it inside for Tuesday. Just might poke around and move some stuff around the Model A's before the day is over. Bob

5. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

All I did this weekend was peel and sand the 1/2" thick bondo off the lower fender extension for the front of my 48 F1 so I can make a pattern and shape a few panels. And fixed the roof on my house after last weeks windstorms

6. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

Finish my headlight stand. 20170310_113731.jpg

7. 41GASSER

41GASSER

Polishing the last two pieces of hood trim and installing hood rub strip. Next weekend I install hood and license plate. Sooo close summer is approaching.

8. cretin

cretin

I hit a couple goals this weekend. Got as far as I hoped with my T bun panel, went through a bunch of parts I bought and got it sorted and consolidated. And figured out some of my T pedals. Hope to make more progress on the pedals tomorrow.

9. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1489404459.971238.jpg
    Accomplished mine, the chassis for the '34 is a roller!

10. Too nasty to drive for at least the next 2-3 weeks with the weather and salt on the roads, time to dive into a few things on the Ford. Replacing the stamped steel valve covers with some cast aluminum ones, those are on order. So is a new flex fan that should help cool the car around town. I took the old one off on Sunday... cold in the garage.

11. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

12. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

front.jpg Head light stand,custom front cross member built and installed, and shocks mounted.Would have been a lot easier to build a model a instead of this mopar stuff

13. Erk... a full time job in itself....

14. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1477.JPG Wanted to get the caddy mounted in my 32 rails. Successful endeavor

15. pumpman

pumpman

Kind of burned out on the car plus waiting for some parts so I spent the weekend working a gas pump that I'm doing a rust-o-ation on. Had a good weekend. Back on the car this coming weekend. IMG_0114.JPG

mgtstumpy and The37Kid like this.
  16. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Well, it wasn't the weekend but with the state closed because of the storm I worked in the garage all day yesterday and got a bit done.

Since I don't have a frame table and needed to replace the rear section of the frame because of previous changes is was a good day.

I made a jig to attach my frame sections to so they would be the same side to side. Leveled the frame and checked it for squareness through out the whole process.

It's all tack together and ready to knock apart and weld up.
    IMG_5232.JPG

Flattened 32/34

IMG_5248.JPG

Cut and cleaned.

IMG_5250.JPG

Jig on the left side.

IMG_5253.JPG

Mirror for the right side.

IMG_5255.JPG

IMG_5257.JPG

I bolted in the transmission and rolled the complete rearend assembly forward with the crossmember installed.

IMG_5259.JPG

I checked for square and straightness and tacked it in too.

I have 5 1/2" between the axle and frame now, enough for suspension compression without the axle hitting the rail.

Cliff Ramsdell

chop job likes this.
  17. topher5150

topher5150

Waiting for this global warming to kick in. The only one at our house that enjoys being out in the snow is the dog.

18. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

Thursday night I picked up our new 8 week old golden puppy that my wife and parents conspired together to get me for my birthday. Needless to say I've been working on him and not my cars since then. If my garage was warmer I would bring him out with me but alas that is not the case.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Happy Birthday! Name??

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  20. pumpman

pumpman

Looks like a hotrod hoodlum to me.

21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

A candidate for this HAMB thread ?

22. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

Thanks.. 1/16/17 and his name is Hudson... he has a 9 year old "brother" named Nash as well.

Nash loves rides but is too excitable for the hot rods. Hoping Hudson is my hot rodder.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ct1932ford likes this.
  23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I messed with this a little more tonight, the peak is shaping up nicely. This is the pitman arm for my T-bucket.
    pitman arm 01.jpg pitman arm 02.jpg pitman arm 03.jpg pitman arm 04.jpg

Eventually, the peak should continue on down the side, blending into a radius about 3/4 of the way down and continue around the big end. Once the shape is there, I will polish it, and add it to pile to go to the plater. For me, one of the keys to staying motivated is to jump around. Getting a piece like this into shape and nice enough for the plater would drive me apeshit if I tried to do it all in one go, its just too damn tedious. I work on this for a bit, then I work on polishing some valve covers, then I mess with the spindles a bit, and so on.

cretin likes this.
  24. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I won't be getting anything done on my cars.....Portland Roadster Show is this weekend! lol

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

envious

Revived 265 and NWRustyJunk like this.
  26. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Driving down to Klamath falls to finish Ac/ heat in moms 58, then door panels. Still gonna be in rough paint, but should be ready to take to cool april nights.

27. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude that is bitchin!........... need say no more.

28. I had a T4 to T7 facet block done this morning... back problems suck!!. Even if I'm paralyzed by Saturday, will fire up the kero heater and pop the ham out of my Ford. Need to ID a few things on it so I can order a new posi ham. I'll clean up enough things inside the housing and around the mounting surface and blow some paint on it.

30. Revkev, Sunny Girls say she like Him .Sunny is 12 years old.They make the best pets Great with kids.. LOL. Bruce. 004 (2).JPG

ct1932ford likes this.