Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Snow Comin'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oj, Mar 13, 2017.

1. IMG_1574.JPG

I'll just leave you with this.........

2. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Reminds me of the farmer I bought my land from. He bought a snowblower in 1978 and we hardly had any snow until February. His friend was ribbing him that it didn't snow because he bought a snowblower. He told his friend he'd buy a new one every year if it would keep it from snowing.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Snow-ma-getton. Local news is going nuts.We have had a good winter so far and my snowblower hasnt been used since December. I will have to wait till this time Tuesday to see if all the hype is correct.By next week it will be melted.

5. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

One of the few good things about snow in March and April is you usually don't have to look at it very long.

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's about 20% of our drinking water.

7. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Started here (SE Pa ) about an hour ago

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

I can hear a train whistle in the distance, that's a sign that we'll get a good amount of snow. Bob

9. We got a bit of snow Saturday and it melted sunday. Monday we got another dusting and it melted already. First snow of this winter.

10. Hands?! You got to use hands?!

Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-3-14_4-30-4.png
    Hello,
    Buckle down, guys, it is going to be a nasty one…
    This is about as much snow/hail as we ever get in coastal So Cal, if we are lucky.
    upload_2017-3-14_4-31-15.png Almost every two years this guy appears on the back door..."Who's that knocking at my door?" (sing along....)

12. I went out and took these photos a few minutes ago. Before I get hate mail on mistreating the UFO. I just have one Hot Rod, more than I do garage space. If I had to give up all my cars, and only keep one. It would be that little coupe. But it's just my out door dog, as you can't hurt it. I'll just brush the snow off with a broom. 017.jpg I even ran snow tires on her in the 80's lol. Ron...

13. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

You guys in the valley got a lot more than we did closer to D.C. That poor UFO, at least brush her off !!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i'm in W. Pa and we got NOTHING. I was looking forward to it.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  15. The mods must be asleep.

16. 5window

5window

Still blowing and snowing here in central PA although I don't think it will be the 18-24" they predicted. Blowing and drifts will be an issue.

11:00AM update-there's a lot of snow! I think 12-15" now plus drifts-I just finished shoveling several hundred feet of path to the animal houses-came in for the warmed tractor battery but i am not sure my 860 Ford will cut the drifts.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  17. 32Stoker

32Stoker

Mid 80's all week here in LA.
    Life is good!

czuch likes this.
  18. 78-80s here in Texas..hehehehehe.. I would not live in the north for 10 hot rods.

czuch likes this.
  19. ...........Maybe if we throw in some more hot-rod pictures like Ron did they won't close this.:)

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Hope you get 6 inches..

21. Here is one more to keep it alive. I'm glad I didn't get stuck. That would have been embarrassing. 013.jpg 012.jpg 010.jpg

22. I took one look at 5:30 and went back to sleep. I heard the plows running around. It was snow, changed over to rain for a few hours and looks like the snow is back. Wicked wind gusts too. I bagged work and will be making chili later on, got beer and will be making salsa too.

I'm not supposed to even look at snow after the heart attack, the kids will dig me out of I'll go on strike and they can eat cereal all week.

23. 14 Inches here and still snowing like a bi@ch! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

24. OGWindsor

OGWindsor

IMAG0516.jpg
    Just about 20" here in NEPA and still snowing like a mother. At work now putting a '66 vette back together. And I can't stand vettes! A corvette inside and a blizzard outside.....I can't win

25. OGWindsor

OGWindsor

Chili, beers, and salsa?! After a heart attack!? You, sir, are my idol!

26. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Ron,
    It looks like you have another hot rod to the left of the pumps! 39/40 Ford. So you have 2 hot rods more than you do garage space! LOL
    Paul

27. Well I live in the Catskill Region of NY, and there is a 1 1/2' of Snow out Side
    My Daily Drive is Buried in Snow.!
    and its Still Snowing maybe by Tomorrow it will Stop.!
    I was going to go to see if my Paper was in the Driveway But I will wait till
    it stops Snowing
    a Good sign is I seen a Snow Plow go Buy WOW the 2nd one all day.!
    Fed the Birds this AM but they are Having a Hard time Getting to
    the Feeder with all the Wind
    so I keep opening the Window & throwing the Seed out on the Ground

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

28. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My snowblower will come out of storage in about 20 minutes. It has gotten more mileage on it this winter than my Olds has gotten in the last 30 years.And thats no lie. Keep safe in the hard hit areas.Good excuse to stay in the shop for a couple days and get something done!

29. Downtown DC got ~2" of snow but it turned to rain while I was driving in mid-morning.:confused::eek: