Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration I'm not the only one who does this.. ;-)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Mar 12, 2017.

1. trollst

trollst

Story of my life.....

Stogy likes this.
  2. jim snow

jim snow

Me too. All the time. Snowman

Stogy likes this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

"I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in".
    Yep, I'm normal!

4. Sometimes I wish I was like the rest of the street- "those who have no workshop and do nothing" - because the only thing that they can lose is the remote control from their big-assed TV. Wasting hours looking for tools/parts/ the floor is just part of the fun, without it we would have to join "those who do nothing"!

Stogy, The37Kid and OahuEli like this.
  5. Mowogler

Mowogler
    from UK, Surrey

If I lose something and don't find it in the golden hour, I switch to cleaning up the garage mode. That's usually what caused the problem in the first place

I generally find some stuff I forgot I had that makes me feel better about losing something I knew I had so I end up ahead of the game

I once hunted for a missing brass spacer for an hour until I found my dog chewing it. I wasn't even mad, she had been keeping me company for hours.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

I just did this with a very small part that I needed & had put away. Couldn't fine it. Needed it BAD. Call & order another, then have it shipped overnight. A $ 6.95 part now cost me $60.00. Two days later, I find the missing item. I am very dumb, sometimes. Wife says I need a keeper to watch me. She may be right

Stogy, OahuEli, oldsjoe and 2 others like this.
  7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Never happens to me.
    I quit working on anything. ;)

Montana1 and wraymen like this.
  8. I am nearsighted and don't need my glasses when I'm up close so I take them off. I move on to something else and...damn where the hell did I lay my glasses? The search begins slowly and very
    carefully squinting the whole time. You don't want to find them by sound...crunch.

Stogy, OahuEli, oldsjoe and 4 others like this.
  9. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Just found my "good" glasses in my shop after misplacing them over a month ago.
    Had to wear my 1970's style back up pair.
    I guess it does still happen to me

Stogy likes this.
  10. Flynbrian.I have the same problem in my shop but its the GRELIMS that take stuff and move them around or bring them back in the morning.LOL.Bruce.

Stogy, AVater and olscrounger like this.
  11. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happens here alot. Surefire way to find the missing part is order/buy another one. I think when I turned 70 the little folks who take or hide stuff moved into my garage. My wife has to come help me find things that are "misplaced"-they are all of a sudden in plain sight.

Stogy and Bruce Fischer like this.
  12. That's why I wait till 3.30. to have my drink.LOL.Bruce.

Stogy, wraymen and mad mikey like this.
  13. Boy OahuEli I agree with you about all the partying in the late 70s and early 80s and this is when I did the towing for the police dept. In town,When I had my shop in N.J. Now is old age.LOL.Bruce.

Stogy, OahuEli and mad mikey like this.
  14. Oilguy

Oilguy

More than once I have searched for the safety glasses that were mounted to my face. Great thread!

blackanblue, Stogy, oldsjoe and 2 others like this.
  15. Olscrounger, some times when I lose a socket while working on a car I say here I will drop another one and it will wind up being next to the one I lost. I always lose them both.Bruce.!

16. Old guys doing stuff YEA BUDDY!!!! Bruce.

Stogy likes this.
  17. catdad49

catdad49

Used to be when the wife asked, "what took you so long?", I would tell her that I found other things that needed doing. Now I tell her it takes me longer because I couldn't find the tool/ tools that I was just using. By the way, her maiden name was Murphy!!

oldsjoe, Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  18. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

It's why I stopped drinking. Now happens less often.:D

Montana1 and mad mikey like this.
  19. Usually happens before drinking. Besides, sometimes I cant even find the beer I just opened .:eek:;)

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@flynbrian48 its the Gremlins...You guys must have impressed the ladies...:D

Glad it all worked out...

Just a heads up the gremlins can look like creepy monsters but they have been known to look exactly like ourselves so if that is the case we have to look in the mirror and say to ourselves nicely...WTF didya do with it:confused:...I will admit when you work with others the dynamics change bigtime...o_O

There is a thread a while ago about these creatures...check it out because the ones who didn't check in here may have there. Yes you are not the only one...I think @seb fontana lost a dash...wonder if he found it...Seb did ya find it or did buddies dog bring it back...:D

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/gremlins-not-the-car.1006802/

Cremy.jpg

21. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't even begin to tell you about the half-full bottles of beer I have found in my shop over the years!

blackanblue and wraymen like this.
  22. e z i

e z i

Besides doing that all day long, I love when I go to get something, a tool or a part or whatever, then
    I stand there like an idiot, trying to figure out what it was I'm looking for..

Kan Kustom, oldsjoe, catdad49 and 2 others like this.
  23. I drop something look all over, can't find it.Next time I drop something else, start looking and I find the thing I dropped before. (that I no longer need)and can't find the thing I just dropped. GRRrrr Ah hell, I'll I'll find it when I drop the next thing. :)

Stogy and wraymen like this.
  24. I don't quite unnerstan what youse guys & gals are bitching bout??? This is a very very exclusive club that takes years of practice to belong to. Those young studs & studesses can only dream about belonging & a phoney is quickly spotted. I am almost there but always manage to find my way home !!! Bride keeps threatning to put a return or DO NOT RETURN (depends on which day) slip on my wrist. Enjoy it the alternative is not gud. !!

Attached Files:

Stogy and oldsjoe like this.
  25. catdad49

catdad49

Playing sandlot ball as kids we lost the ball in the overgrown outfield and even with all of us looking couldn't find it. Bright Idea! While everyone's watching toss the old, nasty spare ball where the other one disappeared. All I can say is that it that it worked......once! Love the stories, Carp

Montana1 likes this.
  26. millersgarage

millersgarage

i'm still looking for my throttle linkage tube. Got all the other pieces...

Stogy likes this.
  27. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

What's worse is when you know you have a tool go to the tool box and there is an empty space or a small container but no tool! I remember lending it to someone but WHO! My coil spring compressor,
    fuel pressure gauge kit, and numerous other tools are MIA. I have a buddy that writes the names of the people that borrow tools on a white board with a date. I need to start doing this too. Joe

Bruce Fischer and Stogy like this.
  28. A few years ago, my wife and I were rebuilding our back porch and I was rebuilding the engine in my old Dodge truck during the same period of time. Putting my engine back together, I seemed to be missing the harmonic balancer. I LOOKED EVERYWHERE! I had made a trip to the local junkyard earlier and thought...maybe I dumped it with some other parts I left there. I went out to the back yard to tell my honey that I was going to the yard and as I started to tell her, I looked around and saw the balancer. I had forgotten that I needed to hold up the corner of the house with a "beefy" piece of steel. I had a house screw jack and leveled/supported the corner of the house using the balancer on top of the jack. There it was....holding up our house.

Bruce Fischer, wraymen, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  29. standing in front of the bench, never moved, went to put the cap back on the thinner can.......couldn't find it. checked the floor, my pockets and all around the bench. moved the cans around, still couldn't find it.
    can YOU find it in this reenactment photo? DSCF0001.JPG
    yes, i am in idiot.

30. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys that can stop by the hardware store and pick up a replacement are lucky. About 8 years ago I misplaced the original dated seat belts for my C2 Corvette. I have torn the place apart and can't find them, even though I KNOW they have to be there someplace. I know they'll show up though, because over the last few years, I have been picking up miscellaneous components at swap meets etc. I figure about 2 days after I find the last part, the originals will show up. At least I hope so; have you priced a set lately?