Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Village Idiot Who Still Plays with Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LilBlue82, Mar 11, 2017.

1. LilBlue82

LilBlue82

Hello again Amigo's on the H.A.M.B. Hope all is going well in your lives as we all prepare and hope for spring to come ( I say this with a light heart hoping Pennsylvania will warm up again someday). But in the mean time I Post this interesting thread for all to read, love or burn me at the stake because I wanna know who all besides myself still builds Models of there favorite Muscle Car, Movie Car or Street Rod. Also to add to that I also Collect 1:64 Die casts ( as long as its an old car or street rod, or Movie car or looks cool) anybody else have this same condition ( as my ex girlfriend called it) O.C.G.D ( Obsessive Compulsive GearHead Disorder). Or does this 21 year old Hamber with a old mind set need to grow up??? ;):oops::confused:

Ron Funkhouser, mad mikey and wraymen like this.
  2. indyjps

indyjps

21, you got 60 of so years of car building to go.
    Best advice is build a big building now and as the rest of us kick off, you have somewhere to put all the parts and cars weve been hoarding.

3. A whole bunch of guys on here build models and some damn good ones at that. Check out the Sunday Models thread, some really nice stuff on there. I believe there is also a Tuesday die-cast thread.

4. A recent effort of mine. I'm 66 and still mess with the little cars.:D 122-vi (3).jpg 121-vi (3).jpg

5. ^ Nice Olds, Don!
    The toys are a by product of the hobby for a lot of people.

6. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Whos says I am the village idiot????LOL. Bruce. 001.JPG

8. HAHAHAHA! Good one Bruce.:D:D:D

9. There's a good thread on here, Sunday Models and it is pretty busy. I've been known to build 1 or 2.
    3253.jpg 3254.jpg 3257.jpg

10. philo426

philo426

Nice dirt tracker!

11. 2782.JPG A Merc in the works.

Attached Files:

• 2784.JPG
      2784.JPG
      File size:
      119.2 KB
      Views:
  12. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I built many models between the ages of 10 and 25 or so, then I found i just didn't have the desire to do it any more. I still appreciate the work that goes into one but as for the actual building, myself, I am done. I continued to buy them into my early 30's out of interest and habit. Once I realized i wasn't building them I quit looking and sold off what I had collected.

Devin

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  13. For many of us, models were the "gateway" drug that led to the addiction of the real cars.:D

14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. Bruce is that a recent picture? If it is and if I ever have to head south to clean up a bad deal I'm stopping by and picking you up just for visual effect.;)

16. Yea. Who needs Dirty Harry! We have Bruce.:)

17. Tough kid. :)

18. I have way too many kits, need to thin the herd. They tend to start out simple, but get out of hand especially if a contest is coming up.
    558.JPG 559.JPG 560.JPG 563.JPG

19. As I was growing up, I thought that when I was an adult, I'd have to stop playing with toys.
    Imagine my surprise, when I figured out it don't stop.

I don't build many scale models now, buts that's mainly due to a youngster in the home.

I have large boxes filled with spare parts, and unbuilt kits, waiting for the right time to bust em out again.

I'm pretty certain I'll need another lifetime to get em done though.

20. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I didn't know you lived in a village

21. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

X2!!

22. I think you like the smell of the glue!!!

hrm2k, kiwijeff, wraymen and 2 others like this.
  23. Yes!{ model glue } is my drug of choice. lol Got my first model car in 1961, at the age of seven. Been building , { playing } with them ever since. The real rods are just 1/1 scale of models I could build, as my allowance got larger ha. ha. If I was a billionaire, they would all be real cars. As others have mentioned. Sunday models and Tuesday Die-Cast cars are fun threads to check out. They are Cool threads, for us kids on here. This 49 Ford is one that my Mom threw in the trash when was a kid, but I got it out and saved it. lol Ron... 082.jpg

hrm2k, hotrodharry2, BradinNC and 7 others like this.
  24. You do some great work, Ron. Always a treat to see your builds.

25. CBurne7

CBurne7

I hate to sound morbid, but I think of this at age 26. My generation is not as much into old iron as older ones, mainly because I think it's not as accessible as modern cars, but I won't get into that now. I think younger guys and gals will end up with their parent's hot rods and will hopefully keep them in memory of their parents, or they'll end up selling them off... What will happen to the monetary value of older cars when that happens, I don't know. I think it'll skyrocket.

26. Pat, not all the time.I do have a crazy side like with my propeller hat.LOL.Bruce. 003.JPG

27. That was last summer when my stepson hid my Crown Royal and it was a tough day and I needed a sip.LOL.Bruce.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  28. topher5150

topher5150

29. I confess, I have a severe case of O.C.G.D.........but I wish it was more contagious!

I LOVE building models, and now have a '65 Plymouth AMT kit, and I'm going to alter the wheelbase on it, and make it into a replica of my full size ride. I've always enjoyed model building, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. :)

Stay safe with all that snow we're supposed to get, and keep on building!