Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Winter is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 8, 2016.

1. I has seagulls up by me this morning... means snotty weather when the shore birds head inland. Snowing right now, just started. Backed my car in at work, wipers off the glass and brought in my light-saber of an ice scraper... bring it...
    We just may get gypped out of our spring unless April bails us out. The roads were heavily salted over the night, no hotrod for me until we get a good rain to wash it off.

2. wyoming.jpg

3. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

We are having a small snow event today, But they are calling for a much bigger one on tuesday.

mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  4. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

Bobss396, there's more truth to that sign than I'd care to admit!

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  5. Bruce Fischer likes this.
  6. Bruce Fischer likes this.
  7. I work with a guy who used to live in Wyoming, he also confirms it and tells of the problems the truckers faced.

8. 17* and 4" of snow on the ground... nice. January is back. May as well order some parts since I have misplaced my thermal weenie-sock and won't be working on the car.

9. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Yup, winter is back. 16* this morning and a couple inches of snow. I still have to do my running around for the Buffalo Motorama and then back to the shop to finish up art work for it (Open Wheel Room).
    Glad the heat was turned up yesterday cause this head cold is kicking my ass.People in this area laugh at this stuff.Close up the top button on your coat and get back at it.

10. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Its the obvious choice people.

11. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Bruce,
    Our relatives from the Clarksville/Nashville area just texted us that it is snowing back there. They are outside running around throwing snowballs. They grew up in So Cal and lived here since the 50's, but had to move back there for their daughter/granddaughter. So, whenever they get a chance, they send us weather updates from the area. No, we don't rub it in that it is "always sunny in California,"not Philadelphia... They know, so, we keep quiet. upload_2017-3-11_7-7-13.png
    Jnaki
    I am sure they know that we have been having 75-80 degree weather in So Cal, but are just waiting for that huge system lurking out in the Pacific. Maybe in a couple of weeks, depending on how fast it moves East. That ground hog prediction from February is still on the money. Stay warm...It is March, almost Spring Break time everywhere...

Just the other day, my wife had the great idea of buying a small house in the San Juan Islands in the Washington State area. We visited there many times and have always liked the area. (Almost bought some property on one of our driving trips) But, we noticed that they have been getting tremendously cold/rainy/snowy weather this season... In looking at the recent weather patterns on those radar/satellite maps, she has relented and says we will be staying put for a while longer in So Cal.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  12. Janki, I have a friend that lives up there .He says it doesnt get sticky in the summer like it does here in East T.N. and hes only 4 hours from the beaches where we are 11 hours from our favorite beach in N.C. True he said they have been having a lot of snow this winter but he says it happen only about every 5 to 7 years like that. If I was a little younger I might and try to make the move there. Bruce.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  13. Hitting the deep freeze here, at least for March 11th, 23 now and afoot of snow forecast for Tuesday... just great....

14. 20 minutes North of Boston.
    10 degrees, a piercing wind and 4 inches of newly dropped snow.
    15 or more inches of more snow expected by mid week.
    I bloody hate March in Massachusetts.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. March pretty much blows a monkey on the Island as well. After the heart attack I can't shovel snow, but my kids can bust a nut with it. I'll stay in and make chili on Tuesday. Anyone is welcome to stop by (bring own shovel...), I need a head count by Monday at 6 PM.

16. I bet it misses us!:confused:

17. They say a big storm will hit monday night into tuesday. This is such B.S. it was 68 degrees here last thursday. I hate winter, and I hate snow, the older I get the more I can not stand it. OK, I feel a little better now.

18. 70 degrees Monday and snow flurries today. I hate winter! HRP

Baumi, Bruce Fischer and j3harleys like this.
  19. j3harleys

j3harleys

We have 83 forecast next week. Been in the 60s and 70s for a few weeks. I'm usually still shoveling a few times a week. Unreal! I'm going to have to water on the lawn today. I'm not Bitchin just sayin.

20. dwollam

dwollam

Upper 50's and mid 60's predicted for this week! Hope it holds! It would be nice to go to the Portland Swap Meet next month and not get rained on every day!
    It was t-shirt weather here today.

Dave

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Same here Dave, I thought I was dreaming, sat in the sun in the back yard and played ball with the dog and fell asleep, it was pure bliss as it has been one wet bitch around here.

22. Snow Tuesday, Wednesday and something for the weekend.. ice pellets? It will crack 47 as a high for the week. Got beer, started chopping up stuff for the chili, the meat is cooked. I'm set for whatever happens.

Bitching Rods likes this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think those BC guys are sending a blast over for Monday and Tuesday...Please we don't want anymore...;)

24. raymay

raymay

Who would have thought Upstate New York can have hurricane force winds in March. Well the past two Wednesday's we have had damaging winds causing major power outages. Driving back home last week on a road that had 17 utility poles come down the week before got closed again because the new poles they just finished installing were starting to lean. They brought in utility trucks to park next to the poles with their booms up holding everything in place. Closer to home I had to drive around downed trees and town crews cleaning them off the road. At the corner of my street they are putting up a new building. The contractors construction trailer was laying on its side. As I pulled into my driveway I saw a piece of aluminum flashing from my house laying on the ground I then spotted one of my tall pine trees in the side yard uprooted and laying toward the ground. I have 90+ pine trees on my property and since the ground was not frozen my biggest fear was that the wind could do damage to them. For the next 3 hours we had winds that reached between 74 and 81 mph. I watched out the window as another tall pine slowly started going down. Around dinner time the winds dropped to about 40 mph and I went out to check my back yard. One of my 50ft pines is now about 30ft as the top broke off and flew into my neighbors yard. I also had some trees along the fence line that came down on a shed and the old swing set my kids and Grandkids used to use. The rest of the yard is littered with branches and debris from other peoples yards. The next few days my chainsaw and I got a good workout. I am still waiting on help with a large leaning pine that needs to come down. The temps have dropped the last few days and we are in the path of a major East Coast snow storm Tuesday and Wednesday.
    The good news is, all my cars are parked safely in the barn.

DSC00666.JPG DSC00667.JPG DSC00668.JPG DSC00670.JPG DSC00671.JPG DSC00672.JPG DSC00673.JPG DSC00677.JPG DSC00678.JPG DSC00680.JPG downsized_0310171310.jpg

jnaki likes this.
  25. Possibly 2' of snow... I was scheduled for a thoracic facet block tomorrow at 8:30, have to see if they wave me off or not. My son is taking me and his SUV is 4WD.

26. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

l m stainless trim ends 107.JPG View attachment 3479049 remember her... here we go again... 18" to 22" today / night... like a bad groundhog day...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    dwollam likes this.
  27. 16 on the ground right now and more coming all night, followed by more on Thursday!

28. VTjunk

VTjunk

View attachment 3479070
    On the way home today at 2pm, whiteout conditions.

20170314_143448.jpg
    My driveway, somewhat sheltered from the winds. I probably have 12-13" so far.

Racer29 and dwollam like this.