Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. image.jpg Nobody likes the grill change huh? Ok I will just fill the block with cement and go to el mirage and run it.

2. image.jpg Opps I better flip my starter push button over before the Hamb cops get me.o_O

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    volvobrynk, timmy2times and birdog like this.
  3. image.jpg I also better make a tube extension for my rear breather. Didn't realize it was in the way of the throttle till I started to hook it up.

timmy2times and birdog like this.
  4. Good thing the axel is going to be awhile I still have all the little crap to flush out.:(

timmy2times and DylanHill1931 like this.
  5. image.jpg Keep out the riff raff. I wonder if these cut down hp. Might make the car a little richer by blockin some air flow. I think I will have to play with the mixtures.

volvobrynk, timmy2times and birdog like this.
  6. image.jpg Now that's the cats meow.:D

timmy2times and DylanHill1931 like this.
  7. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Looking at crap in the shed and kicked over on old flatty oil pan and seen this little bracket. It's funny when me and Dennis rebuilt the starter over the trog weekend I thought to myself wow these starters just hang in there by the two 7-16 bolts. So when I seen this bracket I said well I wonder if they are are supposed to have them and it's just one of those parts that guys lose of forget to put them back on. I like the idea so now mine is fixed up.

volvobrynk, timmy2times and Stogy like this.
  8. Cool beans right there......I was with you all the way about "just 2 7-16 bolts is all that holds it" Glad you found this bracket as I am sure it will prevent a problem down the road.

volvobrynk and DylanHill1931 like this.
  9. Yea Dennis those bolts are as skinny as an Arctic cow. I think we both talked about them that weekend didn't we? I said I was talking to myself but i think we talked about it. Lol that weekend went by to fast I already can't remember a lot of it. That's the painters brain.:( I thought you would get a kick out if that cat tail light. Iv been finding some weird things in all my junk. I have already thrown away a pickup bed full of old parts. The ones iv hauled back and forth to Lars swap that nobody's wants to buy. I have been cleaning out my sheds as a move might be in my real fast near future :) . I hate moving. I have too much crap and I don't want to fill my new place up with crap iv had for years. I'm just sticking to the ford stuff so if I don't need it and people are to cheap then off to the dirt hill it goes. At least I will have 1.5 acres and a really big barn shop.:D Then the sickness starts all over. I just hope I get my axel back before the move.

10. Don't know if you've thought about it or not but how cool would it be for your grandpa to paint hypersonic special on the car like he did to his back in the day and also sign it somewhere would be badass imo! Love this recreation awesome job I'm subscribed!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

volvobrynk likes this.

11. Bruce your brain is still not completely taken over yet, as we did talk about the starter bolts. So you are good for a while yet.
    So cool you are thinking about moving to a place with 1.5 acres with a big ass barn. Is this place some what in the same area as where you live now?
    Just be-careful what you pitch as you know that is the parts you will need next. Never fails with me when I give it away or pitch it......Then I am looking for it with in a month and have to pay up big time for it. Tell the family I said hello....

paintslinger805 likes this.
  12. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I just hope a move will allow you to finish the wife's car. As a onlooker from the sidelines, it seems she has been very deserving of a little attention after putting up with all the Hypersonic love you've been spreading around.
    "Well get it in gear turkey" Henry Fonda.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    BigDTexasKid, birdog, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  13. That's a cool video Wyatt thanks.

Runnin shine likes this.
  14. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I had completely forgot I had a pair of goggles like "Mel" is wearing. My dad gave'm to me when I was a kid. They would look just right with my helmet that's like yours going up the Colorado hills.

volvobrynk, birdog and loudbang like this.
  15. I liked the vid...thanks Wyatt

Runnin shine likes this.
  16. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe you are right on about the CA boys setting the trend, then it spreads like the plague to the east. Even as a toe-headed kid, I recall the local hotrods resembling what was in the little pages mags, and from the West coast but not the East coast. Hey, Dennis, how is that new knee ? Is it NOS ? LOL

loudbang likes this.
  17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

EGADS ! Tell me you are once again joshing. Please, please, please. LOL. That SS thing belongs on a '30-'31.

volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Silver solder will be way more stronger.

20. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HUH ?

21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, '805, are you moving out of Nipomo ?

22. I ask the same question, but never got a reply.......and the knee is NOS as I found the parts still in the original box out in a friends barn....got it bought for 5 bucks...

23. Hell no Gary just a few blocks to the north of where I am now. My town is too nice to leave. I would only move to alaska or the desert, but the wife won't so I'm stuck.

24. Lol you don't like the model A grill Gary. Don't worry just me being up to no good. That grill is just one of those hoarder wall hanger things.

25. image.jpg image.jpg Well no word from okie joe yet. So I will keep working on the tach set up.

26. Man this thread and story is freakin awesome loved every bit of it (read it right from the begining) and now I'm sad iv got to almost the end! well I know it's not the end of the story but no more pages to read until there's new posts posted if that makes sense keep up the awesome work so iv got more to read! :)
    Regards
    Charlie

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  27. Talked to okie joe today. He said he just dropped the axel and it came out perfect. It's going off to his sand blaster tomorrow and he said he would have it back Monday he will finish up the spindles and get it shipped off. So hopefully I will see it back week after next. 2 more weeks.:( Nothing more to report.

28. Thanks Charlie. I hope you enjoyed it. More to come in a few weeks

DylanHill1931 and crozch like this.