Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Welcome to the 2017 Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Oct 6, 2016.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You already have me beat.... if I am luck I could see your tail lights if you don't run any faster than it does now.

loudbang likes this.
  2. Low 10's.., you'll be a playa!

powrshftr and loudbang like this.
  3. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

My Goal with the motor fresh again is back to high tens, if able to do all the improvements planned it may be closer to mid tens.

Last year ran 11.20s @ Meltdown then slowed to 11.70s @ end of season.
    Leak down test showed there was a ring seal problem, but also found excessive movement on cam end play.

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  4. Might have to change the name to "Tickety Bam"

loudbang and Tickety Boo like this.
  5. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

11.70s and it's a turd........ now that's funny. you guys crack me up!!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

powrshftr, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  6. Just wink at Porter every chance you get, to freak him out a bit. and turn on the second stage bulb before him. He probably just lost 150-200 HP with the new legal combo too.

7. .., if the Skairlane makes the beef this time, and the car works descent, it ought to run with him no problem.

8. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Y'all were scaring me. I'm seeing pics of 700 lift rollers, people talking about new blowers and Panettons car with the front end 3' in the air in his avatar. Worried y'all would be saying " see that stude over there, he hauled all the way from South Texas so we could beat up on him." Not worried, I can't wait, it looks like you have a lotta fun. Really looking forward to it. I just do things the hard way with these damn Buick motors.

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I know better than to pick on a Buick...Hand my hands on one of those and the BBC guys didn't want anything to do with it.

10. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

I call it a turd because according to my wife my car looks boring going down the track. 3.73 gears and I shift it at all of 5000 rpm and it traps about 53/5400 in the quarter. Eighth mile it never sees more than 5000. Motors been in the car for 20 years. Been nothing but drag racing the last 8. I just hope this new motor lasts half as long. It's been fun but I'm ready to go faster.

11. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Black Stude-

With 500 cars everyone can and will find multiple good match races. It is not about how fast... people just want to watch close match races.

All of this smack on here is just for fun.

And the Okie Doker is a fender faster than yesterday's step child and about 1280 feet faster than the Lakeshim Shaker!

12. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Oh and Black Stude- don't forget to clean off that white tire lettering or we will park you right next to the nuclear reactor!

55belairx2, Gammz and loudbang like this.
  13. Porter is not changing his combo. Hesaid not going to be running with the SEG this year is what I herd

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  14. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Luckily for us, Jeff's reaction times are a few cars slower, so we should have him covered by a few cars...minus a fender. Takes a while for the decision to mash the throttle and release the line lock to make it from the giraffe's head to his feet. Sometimes he forgets to release the line lock altogether. :D

powrshftr, loudbang, Gammz and 3 others like this.
  15. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Crap, I thought the nuclear reactor was for cleaning the white off. Nah, they'll be all black. I play by the rules, they'll be right.

16. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

He'll be leaving about the time I find neutral about 100' out. I'm the only idiot in the world that can miss a shift with a damn automatic. Squeeze that lever just a bit on a b&m shifter on the 1-2 shift and it goes straight to neutral. Watching the tach one night to check the setting on the shift light at the 1-2 shift, did the neutral screw up and buzzed that poor ole Buick to 7200 rpm!

loudbang likes this.
  17. 800HP x 2400 lbs minus 4% for chassis efficiency (same as the Child, but yours sorted out should be 2.5-3% car) is 8,74 @ 154 mph. You should get him by a Furlong. At 3% chassis loss, 8.65 @ 155, and @ 2.5% 8.61 @ 156.

loudbang and strokedstang331 like this.
  18. Anything in the 8's I'll be happy lol

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    powrshftr, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  19. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'll be happy just to finally make a few full passes again...lol

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If there is anything I can bring or do to make this happen let me know.

21. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

If history is any indication bring your tools and save about 8 hours of your day on Friday!

loudbang likes this.
  22. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome back Scott.

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

James,
    We would have been sunk without your help last year.Also Jon T,Finn,Norb,Jim D,Rick Proctor,and a few others.
    I'm hoping to do nothing more stressful than put gas in it and put a couple bus lengths on Jeff's Honky Donker this year.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuced Up!, saltflats and Tickety Boo like this.
  24. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Scott you better get busy July is not far away and james you better be ready April 8 and have your favorite spoon cause you are gonna be snorting my dust lol

Chrome don't get ya home

loudbang and Gammz like this.
  25. Me too!

loudbang likes this.
  26. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Just curious, how many runs can you get in over the three days? I'll run my car till it's tounge hangs out on occasion. But I'm also looking forward to checking out a bunch of cars in the pits too. Probably wear out my camera.

loudbang, powrshftr and grantrobert like this.
  27. About as many as you want, as long as you keep getting in line. If you stay Sunday, you can hot lap your Buude

loudbang likes this.
  28. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Oh, definitely will be doing all three days. 1276.9 mile trip each way. Gotta get my money's worth. Added 4 hrs. to my trip by moving back to South Texas. No big deal. Looks like y'all have a helluva time. I can't wait.

55belairx2 and loudbang like this.
  29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Better watch it...you will get hooked.

loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  30. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

One person gets the most runs each year and that is Cheryl from STL with the Model A Truck. She got in 19 runs last year. Friday and Sunday are the days to get a lot of passes in. Saturday is busy