Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Winter is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Might have to cut the grass here for the 1st time next week .Just plain crazy this season here.Bruce.

Ron Funkhouser and bobss396 like this.
  2. jnaki

jnaki

[​IMG]
    Hello,
    What a great PHOTO. We are getting some relief down here in So Cal for a couple of weeks. But, we still feel the 40 degree lows at night from our northern areas coming down the coast. It is getting harder to wear shorts and sandals with the dropping temps. These storms have a life of their own and this year, are coming at us like a machine got turned on out in the Pacific and Alaska.
    upload_2017-3-7_5-45-57.png
    We will be ok, but it looks like another cold one for the PNW. Our last week's storm that blew over trees everywhere with tons of wind and rain is back near the Eastern portion of the USA. We get them and then they move east.
    Jnaki
    Even though the storms plaster the PNW and Northern Cal a lot, we do get some whoppers and a lot of the trailing edges of those big coastal storms. But, eventually, they travel east... Sometimes with a vengeance.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  3. Had the Coupe out yesterday, boy did it feel good! Rain today. I guess that is better than snow. Fall 5 Window 003.JPG

4. Thrift-King

Thrift-King

We had snow Sunday night into yesterday morning. Had about an inch.. then it proceeded to get sunny, then hail, then sunny, and then overcast and rainy... it's been overcast and rain since then with no change in sight.... ugh..

5. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Luckily the most north i will be getting is LA. At this rate i might pull the camaro out of storage in a couple months!

6. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Early, I love your 41! I see you have a lot of vehicles in your driveway and i only have two. You should sell me your truck...you are close to me anyways! :)

Early Ironman likes this.
  7. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Thanks
    I have seven right now but you can't see them all in the shots.
    I appreciate the kind words on the 41. This one I'm keeping though. It's my daily driver and my wife's favorite. I am selling the green 47 soon though.
    Just a few things left to do to it first.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

not hard to figure out why it's your favourite! perfect looking truck. You do not need seven though, no one has that kinda time on there hands! ha ha I'm still trying to figure out where i am going to find the time to drive my coupe once it's done and my camaro!

55zephyr likes this.
  9. Well it's supposed to be Summer down here, and last week, we got our first week of full sunshine.
    In my fifty years, I've never seen such a wet crappy Summer.
    Well it got cold last night, and when seeing the kid off to school this morning, the mountains down South are covered in snow. WTF!
    Guess we won't be getting much of a Fall here either, it's going straight into Winter.
    On the plus side for you Northern Hambers, Winters almost over.

Early Ironman likes this.
  10. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I guess the good thing for you guys is not a lot of fires with the wet! We battle lots of fires when we get hot dry summers. then you're just breathing smoke all summer and not the good kind coming off of burning tires! :D

kiwijeff likes this.
  11. mohead1

mohead1

Wtf, how does someone get all that iron snow or not....aint fair or nice to rub that in our face....

12. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Well, two are a newer truck and my wife's car. So I guess I shouldn't count those. A third is a Jeep CJ5 I fixed up for my wife. So that ones not early iron either. That was the hood I was sanding when I took these pics.
    Not H.A.M.B. Friendly, but it came out pretty cool.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  13. I live next to a rain Forrest, by the sea, so no fires, but other parts of the country has had em this Summer.

14. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Would love to make it down your way sometime and hang with some of you guys. Don't you guys have a really cool dirt track and music festival event in like October in your area?

15. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

My collection pales compared to a guy around the corner from me. He has nearly 40 cars and trucks. Ranging from the early 50's to the late eighties.
    I don't share his taste for some of them. But his early iron is very nice. He is picking up a new addition next week. A 62 Studebaker Avanti with 36,000 miles.
    Must be nice to be that loaded!

16. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Well Kiwijeff it better improve down there as we are heading to Beach Hop.I see today wasn't so good in Whanga!

17. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Your coupe is beautifully done

18. I see you keep track of what's going on at home.
    Heard on the news this morning that Whanga was hit hard by rain.

Fitnessguy likes this.
  19. Will be 58 today and the rain stopped. Snow predicted for Friday and maybe next week, which the high will be 40. I'm driving the Ford as much as possible when the roads are dry, may have to wait for salt to wash off next week.

20. trollst

trollst

More snow last night, spring isn't coming this year.......

57 Fargo likes this.
  21. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

You got that right! how much did you get up your way? We woke up to 8 inches at my house! But it's supposed to be 13 on the weekend so it will be all gone soon.

22. trollst

trollst

Only a couple inches, but this winter I've amassed piles in my yard that won't be gone till September. Seriously.

23. Going to break form the Chrysler today because it going to hit 70 here so I am going to do a little deck staining as long as my ankles hold up. Because we have a real strong cold front coming thru Sat and they are calling for SNOW here and cold next week. I guess I wont be cutting the grass like I said I would. I hope I have enough gas left in my heater for next week. LOL. Bruce.

24. Not bad the last couple of days and 48 here so far, clear. See what Friday brings with some snow and possibly more next week. We had our spring 3 weeks ago, so summer will just happen with no warning.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  25. Gman0046

Gman0046

75 degrees in Kentucky today trees all budded, Dogwoods are out. Snow forecasted for the weekend. Go figure.

Gary

26. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

IMG_5056.jpg We're supposed to get 20-30" in the mountains starting tonight. Feb and March are windy, every year a couple trucks get blown over. This was about 6 miles north of town...

Shoop107 likes this.
  27. Bob, I HATE when that happens. You go from having the heat on to switching the A.C. on with out a break. Last year we had a real nice switch over to spring. We were able to leave the windows open for about a month before have to start the A.C. I have lost count on how many times I have opened the windows this winter only to have to shut then and fire up the fire place at night. LOL. Bruce.

28. I believe before the day is over we will get real close to 70 degrees,the bradford pears are in full bloom as are the red bud trees and the dogwoods but we will see a rain/snow mix this weekend....I thought this winter was over! HRP

29. I was out in Wyoming Monday night and got stuck in Douglas because of the wind and snow. Just needed to go to Casper and drop two trailers and hook up two trailers and come back home. Ended up being stuck in Douglas from 2am till 7:30am in the morning. Had to sleep in the truck because there were no hotels available. That whole area was nothing but an ice skating rink and it was no fun in the truck you see pictured. I was worried about getting blown over myself a couple of times. 1489088274198.jpg

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

j3harleys and Jet96 like this.
  30. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

^Yeah I feel bad for you guys, especially running empty and pullin' doubles!