Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods TRADED CARS - NEW PROJECT IN MY GARAGE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Gman0046

Gman0046

My thoughts,
    Roadster - highboy OK
    Cabriolet - fenders
    2 door & 4 door - fenders

Isn't Danny a Grandpa?

Gary

HOTRODPRIMER and The37Kid like this.
  2. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Doesn't act like one. :)
    Depends on what you going for:
    Pretty and sedate - add fenders
    Tough with attitude - leave it as it is
    Its all good. The run fenders, don't cut it up comments that inherently people chime in with make us sound like a bunch of restorers or street rodders. This is a traditional hot rod site after all. That car as is, is tastefully done in iys overall look

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  3. Very much so,I have a 21 year old granddaughter,18 year old grandson and a granddaughter that will be 9 tomorrow..Veda (yeah,named after Veda Orr) HRP

lothiandon1940 and kiwijeff like this.
  4. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VERY MUCH COOLER ! ! Did you give Ron your Gold Chain collection too ?? (LMAO).

VR&C.

da34guy likes this.
  5. You been talking to my wife,she says I act like a juvenile delinquent.:eek:

My old Deuce beater has fenders and this one doesn't,I'm OK with two different hot rod styles. HRP

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Its all good. Some are just better then others.

Gary

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Hopefully at some point Ron will chime in,he deserves a lot of credit for saving a old deuce that was set out to pasture! HRP

8. Glad you're happy with it Danny. I was getting a little nervous that you didn't like the car after it showed up. Kinda went a little radio silent on me for a couple days.

I'm 90% sure that prop valve is what is acting up on the brakes. But, I'm 5'10 so my legs are out in front of me and getting a little leverage to make it stop is not a problem. Kinda just got used to it actually.

I'll send this other prop valve out on Monday.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

no fenders and 3.08 gears, you know, REAL hot rods...:rolleyes:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. I removed the front seat and am working on making new mounts to preposition the seat 6" further back,I had to do the same thing with my other mordor. HRP

002.JPG

This evening I pulled the rear spreader bar to use the drill press to re-position the tag mounts,it seems the Texas tags bolt holes are longer (12") than the South Carolina tag bolt hole ( 7").

001.JPG

It's amazing how a simple 30 minute job can morph into 2 hours of why am I making this so hard? HRP

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Blue One, mad mikey, oldsjoe and 2 others like this.
  11. Flip the spreader bar around so the old holes are toward the tank where you can't see them. Redrill and tap the new holes for the bracket to fit your plate.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I never thought a four door looked good as a highboy but I like that one. Are you bringing it to Mc Donald's?

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Much better than the billetmobile Danny

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. Harry,if I have the brakes sorted out by then I will. HRP

Merlin likes this.
  15. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The handsomest more-door on the HAMB.
    1645-1215521051-99f039e7a9faa908d09c8449e3f9b774.jpg

olscrounger, barryvanhook and oldsjoe like this.
  16. A Boner

A Boner

So the 4 door front seat doesn't attach to the "B" pillar like it does on a phaeton?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. Correct,if that were the case I could never get in the car,it would be like riding in a T bucket. HRP

oldsjoe likes this.
  18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I like it Danny, what's the drivetrain behind SBC? The choice on fenders? It's your car and your choice:)
    You and I are a bit different in build, as although I'm almost as tall @ 6'3" my legs are shorter and my torso is longer. This means my seat problems are that I have to figger out a way to actually lower the seat assembly so that my head isn't against the roof!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. Dave,the car has a 283 engine,350 transmission and a 8" Ford rear axle with 3:42 gear. HRP

oldsjoe likes this.
  20. I just had about a half hour to devote to the sedan this evening and ladyhrp had mentioned the 7 screws just didn't look right and ask about the pop rivets in the door so I dug around in my nut and bolt cabinet and rounded up some stainless button heads.they emulate the look of the door panels, HRP

da34guy and mad mikey like this.
  21. Love that car Danny. Very nice, clean hot rod, congrats. Have fun!:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. racemad55

racemad55

Nice trade, x2 on the fenders !

mrbeetle and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Very nice more door.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

Love it Danny !

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Hey! I own the billet mobile now. I'm enjoying getting it cleaned up but it's definitely not a Hamb friendly car.

I'll post a couple pics on here though when I get it back together if Danny doesn't mind just so the guys can see how it turned out.

Thinking of changing my name to Street Rod Ron.

HOTRODPRIMER and da34guy like this.
  26. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Can't wait to see it Danny. Hopefully sometime soon. Going to the Auto Fair?

Lee

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. I really liked your car when you shared it on the board in your "low buck" thread, it had a ton of heart. HRP is a good guy, It's cool that you found a barter that you are both happy with. Right on.

If you change your name to Street Rod Ron, you'll have to get a toupee and some white dress shoes......

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  28. As Larry the Cable guy says," I don't care who you are,That's funny right there". :D HRP

Hitchhiker likes this.
  29. Looks like a good deal for both ya-all. :)

30. I hope to Lee but I won't be driving a hot rod,gotta wait and see. HRP

Grandadeo likes this.