Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features It Was 10 Years Ago Today...

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

It Was 10 Years Ago Today...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Undoubtedly,one the nicest wagons ever posted on the Hamb.

Your wagon kept my juices flowing when I was building the Ranch Wagon, HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  3. Stormtron

Stormtron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is RAD. I have been on the lookout for a family hauler for a while now. My 63 Fairlane is getting tight on space for a family of four.

4. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Nothing better than a good ol' family truckster. Did the same thing after my first was born, except mine was my '39 DeLuxe Tudor, in better shape than what you started with. Its about making memories, man... (even if those memories include piercing stares from mamma)

5. A beautiful car !

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I loved getting driven to the first day of school in dads Model A sedan. Someday hope to drive my little one to school in a rod.

3340 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  7. Gr8laker

Gr8laker
    from Michigan

My favorite color of 57 Pontiac. Well done.

8. belair

belair

wonderful car.

9. 57 safari would be my choice too...
    In '57 I was 9 and my parents owned a 55 chieftain 2 door hardtop in pale yellow. I was riding my bike up and down the street when this brand new green [same color as your safari] 57 4 door hardtop comes motoring up and it parked right in front of our house. They were visiting the people across the street and the sun was shining on the car. I rode my bike around and around this thing while it sat in the sun just shimmering! I'd never seen such paint! I was hooked at 9 years old. I've owned 4, 57 Pontiacs through the years but never a green one.
    What a great daily driver! I'll bet your daughter will remember riding in it the rest of her life.
    I took my son to school a few times in this 55 wagon I owned...70's AMC colors.
    55wagon2.jpg

beebing, verde742, OL 55 and 11 others like this.
  10. Hey dude, Happy Birthday !! Ten years old, and a cool ass dad. I'd imagine that house harmonizes with every kid's hopes and dreams. Good on you. What a fantastic garage and family you have. Congratulations sir.

spurgeonforge and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

It is amazing what our 'motivator's' are that help (force) us along with vehicle builds, or is it really?
    Your wagon is beautiful, I prefer them over the nomads.
    I have a good friend that bought a Nomad out of high school (over 45 years ago) that was missing the rear top hatch, what did he do? He bought a Safari for the gate and then scrapped the rest of it as no one wanted those, maybe the one you got?
    I think I need to get to work on my rougher, than you started with, 54 Country Squire.

Jive-Bomber likes this.
  12. I love that wagon!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  13. Beautiful job on the Safari.

14. Great looking '55 as well, Rocky.

15. { Happy Birthday! } My first grandson is 10 today also. I called and wished him happy birthday. He said he wouldn't be 10 until 5:30 this afternoon. lol I love your Safari. I looked for one for years, but settled for a Nomad. They both make great family cars. hope you guys have a real Fun B- Day. Time goes by so fast. Con grats Ron...

kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. That is a beautiful car. I love the "power" pedal. I bought my 53 Sunliner as our family wagon when my son was about 8 months old hahaha. I was casually looking for a car with a back seat. Not a convertible, but that's what popped up at a very good price

IMG_1499.JPG IMG_9880.JPG

17. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

That power and brake combo... so class. Cars are missing that depth of soul nowadays.

Love the car.

18. Very cool. It's a great looking wagon and an excellent memory maker I'm sure!

19. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Gorgeous! My uncle Stan had a '58 Pontiac wagon he bought new and was super meticulous about maintaining in all respects, but especially appearance. I still have a strong visual of it sitting in his driveway about five years later and looking like it had just rolled off the showroom floor. It just sparkled! Regards, Dave.

20. BJR

BJR

I had a Purple Metalflake 57 Safari wagon in 1970, 389 tripower, T10 4 speed and a straight axle from an Econoline. I wish that I had never sold that car.

21. jroberts

jroberts

Indeed a very nice wagon!
    My granddaughters love it when I pick them up in my '65 Studebaker Cruiser. Unfortunately they live out of town and I a cannot do that as often as I would like.

22. muldo

muldo

My first baby girl will be 11 months old in a couple weeks. This article and the comments get me right in the feels....she and her mother are visiting family in Mexico and will be another week still before they're home. I needed this.

Thanks @Jive-Bomber

kiwijeff and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  23. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Very nice wagon, cool for going to school....

24. HRS

HRS

This hits home for me today....my wife is 1 day past-due to deliver our first little one...a little girl.

I am beyond excited and like you @Jive-Bomber , brainstorming on her future ride to school!

Ron Funkhouser and muldo like this.
  25. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful Safari!! Had a 57 Starchief 2 dr hardtop in 59. Wonderful car-wish I had kept it-was a great car and very fast for the time (added tripower and a few McKellar parts). Drove it 90,000 miles with minimal issues.

26. Stunning perfection.
    I pick up my seven year old flatmate from school as offen as I can. The kids go nuts over the Hudson. No one else gets picked up in a Hot Rod.
    I'll show her this after I pick her up today, she's going to be jealous.

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That turned out to be one of the nice ones.
    Back in the late 70's I traded for a 57 Starchief two door hardtop that was the same color combination and my wife thought it was the ugliest car ever built so I turned around and traded it for a 64 Impala rag top.
    Funny thing was that a few years later she spotted the same car at a car show all fixed up and raved on how great it looked. The buddy I had traded it to who in turn sold it to the then owner turned to her and said that that was the green one I had had that she didn't like and made me get rid of. Only car I have gotten rid of in 47 years because my wife didn't like it. Daily driers she didn't like she just beat the hell out until they died.

28. catdad49

catdad49

Bomber, have to say that you have two beauties. The wagon sure aged well and tell your daughter, Happy Birthday. Take the Safari and get her some ice cream, Carp

29. hasty

hasty

What a wonderful wagon