Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Famoso march meets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowrodderchev, Mar 2, 2017.

1. I was at hot rod reunion last year and thought about taking my truck to the march meets. but dam just found out its $125 to bring my truck in plus another $35 for my passenger. that's insane $160 not like they hand out trophy's or anything

2. Hell, just watch it live on Bangshift. Fuel testing coming up now. Damn Fighting Irish FC just went into the beach.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    lowrodderchev likes this.
  3. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Have never had much luck with the weather at March Meet, seems like we always get rain. They are calling for it to rain this Sunday. Weather could go either way a day. I will set this one out and go to Hotrod Reunion for sure

4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

man, if they keeping jacking up prices, there will be no one there! its getting stupid. i understand costs, but shit!

5. right I mean $125 thats just nuts

6. from the coverage i saw it looked like the stands were nearly empty. no one can afford it. i think they found the breaking point of the fans. greedy nhra.

7. I don't believe the March Meet is a greedy NHRA event. I think it is a greedy Famoso Raceway event.

Mick

hotrodtodd1960 likes this.
  8. robracer1

robracer1

Was there today the stands are full, car show had a lot of cars, racing was GREAT weather was great, main road had cars parked miles away from the track. Is it a rip off, maybe but I sure had a good time and hope it does not rain Sunday!

9. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I wanted to go. A friend of mine is racing his altered T, running 8.51s. I told him I would go to the ANRA opening event in April and tell how he can turn his program around....:D

10. The March Meet is not and NHRA event, and since the Smokers don't put it on anymore, it's always been more expensive than the Hot Rod Reunion. Very sad that money has to ruin such a grass roots event.

The Arizona Old Crow likes this.
  11. I was watching the live stream and the stands looked pretty full to me too. It looks like a great event and I hope to make it there next year.

robracer1 likes this.
  12. ravedodger

ravedodger

Special Ed and wraymen like this.
  13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

anyone that went take pics?

14. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

DSCN8893.JPG

This is Sat., when we got there there was nobody in the stands, when we left about 3:00 there was no room even at the rail. Cars outside parked up the roads for a quarter mile or more.

UK Slingshot and ravedodger like this.
  15. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Attached Files:

wraymen and ravedodger like this.
  16. ravedodger

ravedodger

Only took pics of my boy enjoying the swap meet and a couple cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dog_Patch and wraymen like this.
  17. ravedodger

ravedodger

I parked near Zerker Rd, about a half mile down from the entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. OH POOP !!! RAIN DELAY AT THE PATCH TODAY ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

19. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

DSCN8927.JPG DSCN8882.JPG A few more pics. DSCN8892.JPG

Dog_Patch, ravedodger and wraymen like this.
  20. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

As much as dislike the Bowser's, I do see constant improvement to the facility, the scrubber Zamboni's and the tire wiper tractor are not cheap and it's the best prepped track one can ask for. The money they charge is being put back in the track, they are not padding their bank accounts

Dog_Patch and wraymen like this.
  21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics

22. Good to know. Thanks.

23. mjcat

mjcat

Was my first time to this event and I have nothing but great things to say. Other than the rain today it was awesome. In my opinion it was not expensive at all. $65 for Saturday and Sunday ticket, free parking, tons of badass cars, and awesome racing. I can't wait for the reunion!!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

robracer1 likes this.
  24. I couldn't make it this year. The McAttack nostalgia funny car ran a 5.54. THAT would have been worth the dough, IMO.

Dean Lowe likes this.
  25. bchctybob

bchctybob

The wife and I got there early Saturday, I got my chorizo and egg burrito and coffee and we staked out our seats in the grandstands. I'm glad we did, as reported, the stands were soon packed. Those sitting around us were from Illinois, Texas, and O.C. - fun folks all. In years past there were so many oil downs and long delays that I stayed home and watched on Bangshift. Glad we went this year. The show seemed to run smoothly, there were a lot of N/FCs that have really stepped up their game and the Fuel Altereds were awesome. (Jet dragsters and Wheelstanders too)
    I too was a little stunned at the $35 admission but at the end of the day it really felt like it was worth it.
    Had to laugh; the Quarter Pounder ran side by side with the McAttack in funny car qualifying...... lots of one liners flying for that match-up; " that's on the secret menu - McPick 2 Nitro-style", "I hear the same clown tunes both cars"
    I've always gone to the CHRR as a priority and the MM if it fit my finances/schedule. If the NHRA and it's lawyers are going to continue to castrate the CHRR, I'll probably lean more towards the MM.
    For those who have never gone; the March Meet is primarily a race with a car show on the side. The CHRR is a major car show with racing on the side. Both are an experience to say the least.

BigDogSS likes this.
  26. mopacltd

mopacltd

I heard an 8 ounce beer was $7.00

27. BigDogSS likes this.
  28. Try buying one at the Pomona Fairplex.

29. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Those chorizo and egg burritos are sooo good!

bchctybob likes this.
  30. bchctybob

bchctybob

Nothin' like eating a great burrito, sipping coffee and watching the sun come up over the fertilizer piles - an essential part of the Famoso experience.
    Yep. $7 for a small Bud but if you are into the 805 stuff it was $8 on up. Can't let a little thing like money get in the way of a good time though......
    Dean is right, stuff at the Fairplex was really pricey. I paid almost $14 for a crappy hamburger and fries. I drank my whole beer and missed a round of Top Fuel eliminations waiting while they made the damned thing!