Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Let's See Your Project Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

I have not started a chop thread. There is so much left to do just on the chop. It was chopped in 2014. It sat for all of 2015 while I was helping take care of my grandma on home hospice, and cleaning up her estate. It bugged me that my brother was not doing anything on the 58. It started as an engine, trans swap and ended up being a complete suspension rebuild, wiring, floor pans etc. And the car is at my moms house 6hrs away. I have been collecting parts for the 48 the whole time. Now that the 58 is almost buttoned up, minus paint and body, I will be able to get back to the 48. Luckily my cousin wants to paint it so it will go to him to paint when all mechanical and runability is completely sorted.

els and leadfootloon like this.
  2. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Put it together, take it apart.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit, Photobucket shit storm now shoveled.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    grumpy32, fordflambe, els and 7 others like this.
  3. Well I would hate to see all of the aforementioned projects. :rolleyes:

yes burn some bandwidth and makes us happy. Sounds like a song, FALCONS, FAIRLANES, AND COMETS, OH MY!!!! (and a bidness coupe just for grins) :cool:

els likes this.
  4. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My dad's orange one is the only one that's truly done. I have two other 64 Falcon hardtops, one a six cylinder and one a sprint from high school and I'm 48 now. I also have 2 66 Fairlanes, both 390 4 speed cars with one an S code and the other a Z code. And another 63 hardtop Falcon parts car. And....last but not least...a 71 chevelle super sport my mom ordered in 1970 that served as her daily driver but now needs completely restored. Damn northeast winters. Thanks for looking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els, 62hotcat, falcongeorge and 12 others like this.
  5. choptop4

choptop4

Mine

Attached Files:

els, UNSHINED 2, biggeorge and 3 others like this.
  6. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Well Beaner, these are some pictures of what I have going on. The 48 sedan is going to be a business coupe as I have a build thread started on that already. Thanks for looking.

els likes this.
  7. Thank you that was well worth the look.

I am a closet falcon/comet guy.:oops::D

els likes this.
  8. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

I know some aren't this forum friendly but I thought I'd at least share them. The 63 convertible is an original sprint car with a 260 2sp auto but now it sports its original 260 with a t10 4 speed. The 63 fairlane is an original 260/auto and now is a 302/4speed. The orange one is original 260 with a c4 swap. And the primered falcon is well.....you know....not original. And the primered comet is originally a 6cyl/2 spd auto and now is a roller 302/5 spd/ narrowed explorer 3.73 traction loc car. My cars are all stick shift. My dad's orange falcon is his cruiser so the automatic fits him. Thanks again.

els and mcnally351 like this.
  9. Claynan

Claynan

IMG_1394.jpg IMG_1461.jpg IMG_1554.jpg It is good to see others struggle with the same issues I have. These projects are like puppies, they seem to follow me home. I do tend to jump around on them, sometimes because of money and sometimes I like to work on something different for a while. Here is a peek at my heaps.

Attached Files:

fordflambe, els, MO_JUNK and 10 others like this.
  10. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Hey Claynan, really dig the falcons. What's the deal with the white one? Drag car?

els likes this.
  11. 1961 Poncho

1961 Poncho
    from Las Vegas

12. Do I see a 165 "Hummer" and a 125 "Model S"?

els and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  13. Claynan

Claynan

Rustydusty-you are right on...the 165 is a 1961 and the 125 is 1950.

els and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  14. Claynan

Claynan

It has that kind of a feel in the photo but actually there is just no motor or transmission in it. I was jonesing for a hardtop and one lead led to another and the owner said he would sell the car less motor and trans so that is how it came home. It had a V8 4speed combo and that is what I have to go back in it. I am with you, I have a soft spot for the Falcons too.

els likes this.
  15. Claynan

Claynan

Cool garage full of Fords and Mercurys! I think I saw a thread on converting the 48 sedan to a coupe, isn't that the Merc sedan with the door being swapped?

els likes this.
  16. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Ford sedan with a mercury rear clip and roof. It's a short door mercury donor car onto my 48 ford sedan floor. Hopefully it turns out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els likes this.
  17. Claynan

Claynan

From the looks of the stuff you are building my guess is it will turn out well. Look forward to seeing the progress.

els likes this.
  18. My 34 turned into a 33. 34front3_4ths2016.jpg

19. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

You are probably sick of seeing these. They've been posted on various threads.

My active, although extremely slow moving, project is my 48 convertible. It will be heavily influenced from the 1948-52 style customs. Chopped folding top, Plymouth grill, sensible lowering, etc. build thread here.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/t-a-flathead-builds-a-48-ragtop.988405/
    image.jpeg
    Then my 32s will come next, followed by a 30 A coupe.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    This A looks stock with no body mods and original wheels, but it came out of Cali with bent spoke Kelsey Hayes, flathead 8, 36 column , 39 trans. Neat old hotrod.

And at some point I want to redo my 55 Ford Victoria.
    image.jpeg

WB69, Felix 40, camcrusher and 18 others like this.
  20. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    '34 ford sedan......

21. [​IMG]

Getting this ready for paint-- it's a 31k original mile gmc that I'm doing in a period "Super Duty" style.
    Gmc Flame red (the original color), 302 big six, custom box (goodbye flatbed) to fit the duals. Envious of the real hotrods posted here but this is my current project.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. sharpmark

sharpmark

P1010255.JPG DSC04807.JPG

1948 a40 pickup and dodge modified - 292 i6

els, MO_JUNK, Countn'Carbs and 5 others like this.
  23. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

57 waiting for warm weather and for me to get bored with the 37 so I can finish body work and paint

[​IMG]

els, 62hotcat, MO_JUNK and 4 others like this.
  24. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Here's my 55. My money tree died 11/22/2016 (layoff from work), so she now sits and waits. This far, I have done a frame off, new suspension, power steering, power disc brakes. I am now reworking the interior as I can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. [​IMG][​IMG]
    My '59 Dodge Regent, waiting for spring to arrive to receive it's new drivetrain. It's getting a 361/727 combo with a later 8 3/4. No plans for a full resto, just going to put it together and drive the piss out of it!!

50fish, els, koolkemp and 3 others like this.
  26. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

38 chevy new glass 001.JPG rear fender trial fit 1 003.JPG still working on it (last years pics)

Attached Files:

els, MO_JUNK, Zack Methvin and 3 others like this.
  27. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the 34 Project is coming to together slowly...body is being painted right now. 01.03.2017 003.jpg

These are the next ones...the 52 burb will be first, it belongs to my sweet little lady, so I don´t have a lot of time... she is not known to be patient is all I will say...
    The 53 Chevy gasser project will be started as soon as the burb is driveable, and honey is pleased:)
    IMG_4447.JPG
    IMG_3584.JPG

28. gpohl6

gpohl6

Almost ashamed to post and subject my talent level (or lack thereof) to harsh comparison. I am, however, expecting to be street legal with a sticker within a couple months...finally! Thanks God Maine's harsh winter is hanging on so I am not nuts for cruising yet! 2016-10-8 outside-2.jpeg

Splitbudaba, els, tguptill and 15 others like this.