Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung @ Reynolds, GA OCT.21,2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Feb 28, 2017.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

As the title says, this year's RWYB @ Reynolds, GA www.silverdollarraceway.com will be held on Sat. Oct. 21, 2017.
    As usual, it will be a fun oriented, laidback, no pressure event of car show, swap meet, and drag races. Camping is free, and prices will be low, as always.
    Track has a new owner, although Ed and Ms Dorothy will still be there on a consulting basis for awhile. When I get more details, I will put them here on this thread, just wanted to get the word out tonight.

31hotrodguy, BigBen63 and els like this.
  2. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

1.jpg 1.jpg 7.jpg Just saw this on SDR's schedule. Let's start getting the word out! Let me know if I can do anything on this end Dave.

catdad49, els, putz and 1 other person like this.
  3. I'm in

els likes this.
  4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

More info later, but we always have a good time, and that'sthe most important thing:)

els likes this.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Floater, thx for chiming in, there's a lot of hot rodders in central GA that are starting to ,wake up and realize they've got a fun event every year @ RWYB and are beginning to show up for the event.

els likes this.
  6. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Count me in.

els likes this.
  7. You got that right Dave. We need all the local yokels to quit slacking and help us not only get the word out, but also making sure they and all their friends are at SDMP (no longer SDR) 9 am Oct 21, 2017!

Attached Files:

els likes this.
  8. k9racer

k9racer

I am glad you gave us a large amount of lead time. thanks for all your work putting this event on. I hope I can make down this year............ Bobby........

GAOldsman likes this.
  9. We hope you can too Bobby :cool:

els likes this.
  10. One of these years I need to trek down for this.

els, stealthcruiser and GAOldsman like this.
  11. Come on down brother!

els likes this.
  12. afaulk

afaulk

Just curious, how many cars in 2016?

els likes this.
  13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I didn't count them, too busy trying to figger out what was wrong with mine;)

els likes this.
  14. We had a full track. Lots of cars up and down the pits. As far as those that chose to park where we set up were close to 35 - 40 I'd say.

els likes this.
  15. Just a few pics from last October

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hombre, els, putz and 1 other person like this.
  16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Some good pics there, Scot and it's getting bigger and better every year!

els and GAOldsman like this.
  17. I thought I had some footage from last years event. But I can't find it. :(

els likes this.
  18. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I gonna do my best to make it this year. I do miss going to this event.

19. chopped

chopped

Winning the health problems two year fight and a new to me car that's begging to go. After bring a regular the first few years I'm looking forward to it.

20. I gotta find someone to run. Every time I outrun someone, they come back with 10 & 11 second cars :eek: :D :D

els and Dog_Patch like this.
  21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Skip, we'll be looking forward to seeing you again. Been quite awhile. What is this "new to you" car?

22. chopped

chopped

The 55 wore me out. Floors-quarters-trunk-wiring and brakes and being in recovery for almost two years was all I wanted to do. Quick sale and a two year too new Chevelle needing a few days work was here. I take back everything I've ever said about four doors !

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, rust can be a bitch, for sure! Too new or not, or 4 doors or not, come on down!

els likes this.
  24. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Me too!

els, Floater03 and GAOldsman like this.
  25. I'm having a time getting the Hoodlum road worthy. :rolleyes: I take one step forward and two steps back. Finally got her running without popping back but can't get her to idle less than 2 grand. Guess I need to set the timing and go from there. Also the dang water pump gasket went tango uniform yesterday at the block so I'll add that to the running list of must do's :rolleyes:

els likes this.
  26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot, is it that the carb won't adjust to a lower idle speed or that the engine dies at a lower idle speed? You really need to find true TDC on thatengine and then set timing and adjust curve to get a total advance w/o vacuum of about 34-36* and curve the distributor for about 20* initial and all in by about 2500 rpm.

els and GAOldsman like this.
  27. Yeah Dave if I idle her down below 2 grand she dies. I've got to dedicate more time down there at my shop to put a light on it.

I had a broken spring on the mechanical advance and haven't put a light on it yet. The springs I replaced were one step slower to open (stiffer) than what my Dad had in it. Maybe that has affected my timing. I've been around small block chebbies all my life and have built 4. But we (Dad & I) have been terrible at carbs, timing and automotive wiring.

els likes this.
  28. I am learning the carb tuning, timing and wiring part though. I believe the timing is too advanced right now and will see Saturday afternoon. The weather is about to be Hoodlum weather and she wants to get into the wind.

els likes this.
  29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot, did you get anything figgered out on your idle problem? If timing is too far advanced idle quality will suffer for sure.
    Sooner or later, and preferably sooner you need to check your timing marks against true TDC to be sure they're correct.

els likes this.
  30. Whelp I have deduced that the distributor has in fact moved over a period of time as the hold down bolt was loose. Also I have found all three of my timing lights have died of old age. But have a good one coming via snail mail. It does true rpms and also has the feature that lets me program the degree of total timing I desire and set it that way.

But in the mean time I set it by ear and was able to idle it down. So hopefully I'll have it roadworthy by next weekend. Tomorrow I plan on changing the coolant, water pump gaskets and thermostat.

And yes TDC coincides with the mark on the balancer. I put timing tape on the balancer expecting to use the old timing light.

pitman and els like this.