Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Thanks to Mac & Vern

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatford39, Mar 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. flatford39

flatford39

Building an AV8 for what seems like forever but today I finally got around to filling an empty 78 top loader case with all the internals from a 46 48 side shift case. I purchased both Tardell's "Let me help you book" on this matter as well as Mac Van Pelts book that details this as well.

I can't tell you how good these books are as they take you step by step with great pictures to guide you along. It made the process easy. The whole thing took about an hour to do.

Thank you Vern and Mac as these are great tools for the rebuilder/hot rodder and worth the money.

spurgeonforge and AVater like this.
  2. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Didn't have Vern's book, but used Mac's to do the one in my avatar several years ago. Yes, the knowledge it provided definitely added to the enjoyment and speed of assembly! Last one I had done was an open driveline truck version back in '67 in a '47 Metc which was my first ever trans rebuild. Got all the required parts new from a local auto wreckers who did a lot of trans reconditioning plus a bunch of tips. Came out just fine. Glad yours did too! Regards, Dave.

flatford39 likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Can't go wrong with those folks!