Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Av8 Roadster Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lodaddyo, Sep 17, 2016.

1. louisb

louisb

I would do the grill shell black too.

--louis

lodaddyo likes this.
  2. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Im debating that. Not sure yet

1947knuck and Dannerr like this.
  3. 3340

lodaddyo likes this.
  4. Personally, I wouldn't paint the grill shell black. I'd keep the shell body coloured, but I'd paint the insert black. Keeps a good theme with the body and firewall.

5. Never2low

Never2low

Agreed. Painting the shell black, IMO, would make it look like you pulled the A grill and popped on a black fiberglass deuce one, and haven't got around to painting it to match the body, yet. Just my 2 cents...

3340, Stogy and Atwater Mike like this.
  6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

7. louisb

louisb

Looks pretty good here.

--louis

newpicfront.jpg

8. That coupe had a killer look and a mean stance. But I'll have to disagree with you. Grille shell looks like it got missed in the paint line up.

For the record though, I don't think either of us are wrong. Just differences of opinions and personal tastes. :)

9. Flop

Flop

Looks like it just got pulled out of the vintique box and put on .

10. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

matching paint for me... gonna run a stock shell instead of a '32 ... to be different...

Stogy and brEad like this.
  11. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Yeah its gonna get painted

12. Never2low

Never2low

I think the black splash aprons, black firewall, black wheels, and black grille insert, are the perfect amount of color against the grey body and shell.

I was 100% sold on Washington blue, but that VW grey is fantastic looking!

Atwater Mike, Stogy and brEad like this.
  13. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Sorry i havent updated this build in a while. I dont know if anyone really cares. Anyway, life got in the way a little and my adhd kicked in and i got sidetracked on a few new projects. Ive wanted another 46-48 ford coupe ever since i sold the one i had 15 years ago. Happened to be cruising the web and found a nice solid rust free desert car in Arizona. All original 1947 sedan coupe.and the price was right! Made the 22hour drive from louisiana to pick it up. Drove north to dallas and then on to shamrock, texas to pickup i40/us66. Saw some pretty cool sights. My first time traveling parts of the mother road. Oh and before i left i made a deal on a local 1930 running chassis. The guy pulled the pickup body and bed off for a streetrod build . It also ended up having a b motor. Fast forward to the 2nd day of the trip going pick up the 47 coupe. My buddy calls me and says he found a 30 pickup and some extra parts if i was interested, he didnt have any money. I had just the chassis to put the body on. So after i got back i went and picked up the 30 pickup. Took it apart, kept the cab and bed and gave my buddy the rest of it for the finders fee., which ended up being another frame, axles and the back half of a 1930 sedan. Anyway. So thats where im at now. Time to get back on the roadster. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Heres a few pics of the new car, truck and my trip.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.png
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Now time to focus on this one!
    image.jpeg

14. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I care about your build and will follow. I some times get sidetracked on my builds. Thanks for shareing and those are some good photos of the old Gas Station, Motel and Restaurant .Frank

Stogy and lodaddyo like this.
  15. Looking Great!

lodaddyo likes this.
  16. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Thanks Frank!

17. Vendome

Vendome

I only follow a couple threads with e-mail notifications and yours is one of them so thanks for update! Good score on the chassis.

lodaddyo likes this.
  18. Never2low

Never2low

x2!

lodaddyo likes this.
  19. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

Thanks for the update. One of my favorite builds.

20. We're watching and we do care . . . so get on with it! LOL

lodaddyo likes this.
  21. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Still watching and still caring :)

lodaddyo likes this.
  22. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

I know i know lol. Im back on it! I do this all the time. Tell myself im gonna focus on one project till its completely done before i take on another project. Next thing i know i got projects everywhere

1947knuck, redoxide, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  23. cederholm

cederholm

What a great build! Love this!

lodaddyo likes this.
  24. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

YOU M ight have a point !!

25. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Little update, finally got my f1 steering box. I had welded a model a flange on. Pressed both bushings in and honed them on buddys sunnen hone. The sector shaft fits like a glove. Hopefully i can get the box back together this week so i can mock up my draglink. Not that much left to do and then i can blow the chassis apart for paint
    IMG_0185.JPG

26. Just found this thread! Looks like you'll have a sweet roadster when you finish. Great start with a @Flop assembled body and some talented work yourself! I'll be following the rest of the way.

27. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

A little update. Spending too much time on my 47 coupe. Been awhile since i worked on the roadster. I just about have all the steering worked out on the car. Welded a new ball on my f1 pitman arm. Made up a new draglink. Also finished up my column drop. Just need to weld on the coupling and early shaft on my f-1 shaft so i can run my 39 banjo wheel. And shorten the mast jacket.

IMG_1158.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

28. Getting after it . . . nice work as usual!

Flop and lodaddyo like this.
  29. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Thanks man! Me and flop were just talking about you. All good things i promise !

Flop likes this.
  30. dann campbell

dann campbell
    from Ohio

I have alot of parts but don't know how to reply to the adds,I dohave a column tube....thanks dann