Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Classified add descriptions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oilguy, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Oilguy

Oilguy

Unless it is a long price and no description. So who is going to call on that ad?

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

"I really hate to let this go"..... translation:"so I'm going to make sure that never happens by asking three times what this steaming pile of shit is worth"

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. chargin03

chargin03

4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

This one drives me nuts and I see it here and on that social media site.
    "I'm going to sale my car"
    "If he isn't going to fix it up why doesnt he sale it"
    The word is sell. If you have a sale you sell things.
    Ranks right up there with "I seen this car today"

5. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

6. VTjunk

VTjunk

The phrase "ready for restoration" is used quite often in the New England area. I think what it means is that when they bought the car it was nice, and now they're done ruining it by letting it sit. They've done you a favor by getting it ready to restore.

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Had my 63 Belair on eBay for sale with a Tremec 5 speed. Got a call asking what type of 4 speed is in the car. Duh!

Gary

loudbang likes this.
  8. ElSupremo

ElSupremo

"A fool and his money are soon parted, so I'm just trying to find out if he's a member of this forum."

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

wicarnut likes this.
  9. Ha! I qualify. One with no money though....

wicarnut likes this.
  10. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

A "Recreation" another term for "Tribute" in other words fake. Cars where they are fiberglass but no mention of glass body in description. Ran when parked as mentioned although they were usually parked for a reason with a myriad of other problems. No price as mentioned you get to be the seller and the buyer. Make offer I know what these are worth but still no price. No tire kickers or trades offers considered with no mention of what they may be interested in. Ads with attitude don't waste my time, etc.

loudbang likes this.
  11. 24riverview

24riverview

You guys need one of these-
    FB_IMG_1458219134668.jpg

40two, biggeorge, loudbang and 9 others like this.
  12. In each and every classified ad, I hate seeing the word RARE.
    Every car is RARE, every piece of equipment is RARE, every half azzed option is RARE.
    An example .... "This 1962 Chevy, with its three on the tree, 4:11 rear end, and 302 Jimmy engine was a RARE special order ..... only four were ever made."
    Now, how the hell did he know only four were made ?
    I guess it was RARE.
    BUT ...... my steak is RARE too, and so is my income.
    P.S., We should use "spell check" on the title of this thread, as well. Add is really ad.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  13. VTjunk

VTjunk

Another one not mentioned, "If I can't get my price I'll scrap it"

Okay, you're wanting $1,000 firm, and if you can't get that, you'll take $200 at the scrap yard?....

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rare = I want five times what it is worth.
    Barn find = I haven't wash the dirt and bird crap off it nor shoveled the rat crap out of the inside yet to preserve the barn find ambiance.
    Around here along with all the misspelling it' crappy pictures taken in the dark or bad light with a phone of a dirty car with the seats full of trash.
    Poor description and terrible photos did let me get my Sailboat off Ebay dirt cheap 13 years ago. And I picked up a daily driver with a really poor description for not much more than pocket change a while back.

15. Not sure if it runs, needs battery.

16. dan31

dan31

Price is bla,bla,bla today only! Like their not going to take your money tomorrow.

17. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One that gets me is an ad with a description like, Mustang Cobra jet 428, with Marti report, or Big block Ls6 Chevelle, which makes you want to check out the whole ad but way down in the fine print it says original engine is gone, but the person is still asking the same money as if it was there!! What the hell is that about!! :eek:

18. I always hate the ones that say something like:

1964 VW Beetle, 2 door, 4 cyl, 4 speed, good heater, no rust

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

lothiandon1940 and falcongeorge like this.
  19. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Ford Model 'A' Coupe 5-Window...

20. 56cadillackid

56cadillackid
    from new york

Owned it for 10 years never tried to start it, but it should run

Because if you own a car for 10 years you never even try to get it to start

biggeorge and Bruce Fischer like this.
  21. PAracer

PAracer

I hate the over use of "All original". As in "All original, new paint, new interior, rebuilt motor etc."???

I also don't complain about misspellings and incorrect auction classifications. I actually search for them. You'd be surprised how many misspelled descriptions are out there with no bids. I recently bought a 1930 Model A sedan with a low buy it now listed in the "Fine Arts section" on that auction site everyone likes to hate. I thought it was an error but the car was there the next day when I went to pick it up and the guy couldn't wait to take my money.

22. Oilguy

Oilguy

How humiliating. I can't believe I did that. Thanks bobg1951 for pointing that out. My excuse is that I was drinking beer and watching the Daytona 500 and trying to drive my keyboard.

bobg1951chevy likes this.
  23. My favourite- "first to see will buy". What happens if you are the first to see it, and you turn it down? Do they just pour gas on it, and set it on fire?
    Give me a brake!- I mean "break:!

24. VTjunk

VTjunk

I read a craigslist ad for an original rust free Chevelle SS396, 4 speed 12 bolt posi car. I had owned one once so I was slightly interested. Turns out it was missing the engine, trans, rear, interior, FRAME, front clip. All it was is the bare shell. I couldn't resist, I sent an email to the guy asking what the hell he thought he had. All it was at that point was a Malibu panel donor. He wanted $7500!

25. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

"Driven by an old lady" really? Who's old lady? Probably his x-old lady!

26. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The one that chaps my hide is when some nitwit says the car or engine that they are trying to sell is "complete except for..." and then they rattle off a bunch of parts that are missing. Well guess what...it really isn't complete then, is it? How about instead have some integrity and say "missing the following parts"?

biggeorge and cretin like this.
  27. The old: "My wife says this car has got to go..." = My wife was driving by the local titty bar last night, she saw my work-pick up truck emblazened with my name and telephone number parked outside when I told her I was working late....

loudbang and wicarnut like this.
  28. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Somebody ought to list a desirable car, with just a photo of the radiator cap.. "Complete, except for.."

29. You simply added more "flavor" to the thread. :cool:

30. butch27

butch27

I like some of the old ones Pw.St. Power steering? NOT = Probably was Stolen.
    another was R and H. Radio and heater? Not = Rattles and heaves. A ton of old ad jokes.

Truck64 likes this.