Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any Weekend Goals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Feb 25, 2017.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm fairly low motivated these days, but plan to move the Steelback body into the basement. Son in Law needs the enclosed car trailer, it is his trailer, so the 1912 T comes out of it and replaces the Steelback body in the garage. Daytona 500 time tomorrow. Bob

golferforpar and Andrew Mccann like this.
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was supposed to move my brake, but I didn't want to do it if it was raining. Had to decide last night, forecast said rain, I actually could have, it hasn't started yet.:mad: So I am making a pitman arm all smooth and shiny instead.

59stood likes this.
  3. Andrew Mccann

Andrew Mccann
    from Bristol UK

My goal was to make spring shackles for the T. 50% of the weekend has gone, no progress as yet....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Shorten the tube for my front panhard bar and weld the mounts to the frame and the right 'bone. And have a couple buddies over for the Datona 500 race.

5. i'm making some tin foil hats to sell on ebay...i think they will go fast

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    chop job, 62hotcat, joel and 4 others like this.
  6. My ultimate Goal this weekend is to challenge the ol lady to a wrestling match- she's not much of a wrestler, but you should see her box.
    My alternate goal (when I get shot down on the first one) will be to start mocking the bed for my 51.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

gotta admit, I havent got very far either, and now my kid wants us to go for a walk.:rolleyes:
    DSCF0234[1].jpg DSCF0235[1].jpg

8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Fired the 38 for the first time after new engine install and am stoked about finishing the brakes and getting the front end sheet metal back on so I can drive this sucker, soon...

FlatheadWard and 3340 like this.
  9. RMONTY

RMONTY

Get the brakes plumbed on my project and get a 1951 Bel Air with a 348 in it bought and secured!

Atwater Mike and 3340 like this.
  10. wow, 67 here today so was able to wash mother's car then work on the 31 project for a bit. Installed a set of 49 ford trunk hinges. Don't like them so I may switch to the 50 design to see if they fit better. Seems they were used a lot back in the day but can't recall what year?????????????/

11. Moving brush with the tractor,gonna burn Sunday if it rains.Exciting,huh?

12. OLDTINPUSHER

OLDTINPUSHER

Come home with a trailer full of new and exciting stuff............
    Watch this space :D

13. cretin

cretin

I'm in the same boat Bob. Been struggling with motivation for my projects lately.
    I'll be happy to make any progress on the T. Would like to get the pedals mounted, and get started mounting the master cylinder.
    I also need to remount the new chuck on my lathe, because I screwed it up last weekend.

14. Drove the old beater to see a friend in rehab and was able to take him to lunch in the hot rod,made my day just to see him get excited about ridding in the old deuce.

Came home and spent about a hour looking for a wheel pattern guide and like normal I have hid it from myself. :rolleyes:

I also removed the license plate from the red deuce in preparation for racinman to pick it up to go to it's new home. HRP

59stood likes this.
  15. Got the brakes off the 54 rear. It'll be going to the scrape shortly. I'll use some of the parts
    On the 55 rear end. The paper they put between the flange and drum was still there. Lots of dead spiders also. Rest time now. Drums have never been turned. That will have to change.

16. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Get laid? Does that count?

17. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Finishing the balancing rod for the rotisserie. Then, time permitting, I might take the tub for a spin and gas it up before it rains?

18. I replace a leaky master cylinder on the 56 Chrysler {I got off flea bay} then while taking the old one off snapped the rubber brake hose that goes to it so its off to Flea bay again. LOL. Bruce.

bobss396 likes this.
  19. Been working on the new garage/shop, the hardboard siding is up and all the cedar trim installed. Had to knock down ceiling finished and painted last week. The floor people have scheduled March 13 to diamond grind the concrete and lay down the polymer base and polyurethane top coats, trying to get everything ready before then, looking good so far, been a very busy winter, anxious to get the Model A (avatar) out of storage and to it's new home!!

20. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

Went to the Detroit Autorama.

nickk and falcongeorge like this.
  21. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Set out to do one of my favorite things this morning...Picking. Went to an old supply warehouse from a long shutdown steel plant and bought up a bunch of vintage electrical do dads for art work. Some real wild stuff. Then Iam gonna finish up my Participants Pick Trophy for the Open Wheel Room- Buffalo Mototrama and start on another one. I needed a good diversion this weekend.Setting a goal and sticking to it is helping me clear my mind a bit.

spurgeonforge and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. That sounds like the most fun yet. HRP

spurgeonforge and falcongeorge like this.
  23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I received a "goodie" package from HAMBer "Tim_with_a_T". Enough Nicopp brake line to plumb my brakes and some to do my hard fuel lines. I'm measuring and getting things sorted out.

Bandit Billy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I went out hunting today for a few hours and found a '58 Chevy wagon,a '54 Chevy pickup,and a Model A two door sedan body.
    Tomorrow I'll see if they are available.
    Didn't see a single '32 Ford coupe.Can't figure out why.They must all be hiding ;)

HOTRODPRIMER and tfeverfred like this.
  25. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

new floor to firewall...
    tranny hump trap door for wrench access to the shifter's linkage...
    throttle pedal shortened...
    ...... sleep...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF6982.JPG This is what progress looks like around here. Steelback body is around back in front of the 8 foot basement slider, covered with a blue tarp in the rain. The '12 T is in the garage, trailer is gone and the driveway had the leaves raked to the side. Steelback goes inside tomorrow, and twelve garbage cans full of leaves get loaded in a dump truck, then Daytona. Bob

Runnin shine and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just like any other weekend.............I'd like to wake up Monday morning.

28. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Good thing those leaves are done cause we are sending snow your way.It will be there by the time the green drops. Upper 60s Friday and its 30s now and blowing snow! Fedco

29. Pretty OT plans, Bob-

Picked up an OT transmission for my OT daily driver from Pull-a-part today with Brad54- will swap it out tomorrow, but at leas I'll be doing the swap in Brad's driveway next to his altered T project :D

30. hemiboy

hemiboy

At a dance- Sadie Hawkins- that is at my wife's high school. Tomorrow is paint bathroom and then finish grind the top of the '40 pu frame. Just glad to be able to work!