Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1946 ford Roadster Cab RPU Lakester

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37 Millrat, May 14, 2014.

1. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

2. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

image.jpg Sorry just re read, you cut 8 inches of the bottom, here's my door tops, not overly happy with that either, but you see what I mean with radius on tops of doors

37 Millrat likes this.
  3. Thanks for the pictures. I took 8 inches off the bottom, moved the bottom hinge up. Took 8 inches out of the center of the body to get it to match the 32 frame at the firewall. The flat section at the back of the door is where I plan on having the top go to. The doors are pinched at the front. I do not really care for the windshield so I have been trying out some other ideas, slow but steady

chryslerfan55 and Asphalt Demon like this.
  4. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

37/39 ford windscreen will sit right on the truck cowl,maybe you can rework the posts you have to fit,My screen was chopped two inches, anyway I'm following along with great interest knowing this is not your typical hamb build,i enjoy this kind of creativity ,and using resources at hand Johnny

37 Millrat likes this.
  5. L7

L7

keep going! I like some of these treasures made from trash and leftovers type of builds.
    love the creativity!

37 Millrat likes this.
  6. patmanta likes this.
  7. rpu tailgate.jpg RPU Bed side.jpg Worked a little more on the project. Got a tailgate for the bed from a friend. He bought it for his forty but got it home and noticed it was narrowed. Somebody cut about 4 inched off of one side???? Thats okay with me I need to narrow it more anyway so its a castoff that I won't feel guilty about cutting up. \ Did a little more patching on the shortened bed sides. need to get busy with the grinder. Rebuilt the 32 clutch and brake setup, new bushings and shaft.

patmanta likes this.