Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Engine biscuits, best available

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Feb 22, 2017.

1. olskool34

olskool34

who has a quality, made correctly engine mount biscuit? These came with my engine mount kit and they are pure junk. The squash almost all the way down when the weight of the engine is on them. I see that some are completely solid, some not. These are super soft, can almost compress them in your hand.

[​IMG]

2. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have used Chassis Engineering-didn't compress much even after 4-5 years.

3. olskool34

olskool34

Just looked at their site. Are they solid? Not hogged out like mine? Does look like they are far better.

4. My Granny's biscuits would support a Cat diesel. Unfortunately, she's no longer around.

5. I use 55-57 Chevy front engine mounts.

6. loudbang likes this.
  7. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Another thread recommended using Ice Hockey Pucks(local sporting goods store): they're hard rubber & solid.

flatheadpete and loudbang like this.
  8. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I too like Chassis Engineering.

Tim_with_a_T likes this.
  9. Try your post on fordbarn. I think the answer will be Bob Drake. You might also try the archives on fordbarn as the topic has been posted there before.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    LOU WELLS likes this.
  10. Another vote for CE for mounts for our hot rods.

Montana1 and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, but some of those biscuits probably still are!

loudbang likes this.
  12. olskool34

olskool34

The kit came from mid fifty truck parts but it looks exactly like the kit speedway offers, probably the same kit that all vendors sell. Speedways regular biscuits do look different than these. I will give them a try.

Murocmaru likes this.
  13. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Bob Drake sells the correct biscuits with two different length bolts.

cpd682 likes this.
  14. Kinda wondering why you even asked what mounts were best based on experience, then picked Speedway's based on appearance. Just sayin' :)

15. earlymopar

earlymopar

I am in a similar need and looked at the Bob Drake mount kits. They sure are nicely done but I guess they are really selling them as Ford replacement pieces not universal kits. But, my application is non-Ford so I need dimensions that they do not provide. I have gotten some information from them but it's painful. If anyone of you using their mounts can help, I need to know:

1.) The diameter and height of the upper (large) biscuit.
    2.) Bob Drake told me the bolt has a 5/8" diameter shoulder that goes through the lower and upper biscuit holes. But, I see the small diameter lower bushing also has a raised ring around the bolt hole that obviously inserts into the lower mount. I need to know that diameter.

Thank you,

- EM

16. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Another one for the "Why do people call" thread.

BigPerm365 likes this.
  17. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I don't have time to dig through the catalogs and my "iron Library' right now, but part of the problem here is street rod catalogs listing "Ford Mounts" as a generic commodity that only comes in one flavor. Pre-1937 uses one set, '37-48-and various later F trucks use another set. The late kind (78 PN) at Drake is PROBABLY what you need, as aftermarket mounts in general like Hurst were made for those.
    I think only one part in the stack differs, the lower bushing that goes through frame. What do they need to fit? If a Ford frame, the year dictates the answer. If an aftermarket frame mount, most likely yuu want the later version. And do buy from someone like Drake advertising for Ford applications, because the aftermarket sells what they sell without even knowing that the world contains two versions...probably they are all copying copies of Hurst stuff and using 1937 dimensions, but the only way to find out is to buy and measure since even the maker probably has no idea.

18. alchemy

alchemy

Chassis Engineering, again.

RICH B likes this.
  19. I would guess that you don't need anything but the rubber. The old auto parts store I used to work at sold just the biscuits, a good counter guy that can read a catalog could find them, and they were only a couple bucks a piece. The brand was Anchor if that matters

stillrunners likes this.
  20. I just ordered a couple of the O'reilly ones. We'll see how they are. They were cheap 3.99 a piece. Shipping was a little high, but what the heck. 27. something estimated.

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I like warm biscuits with butter :)

22. ratman

ratman

23. The ones from Chassis Engineering are the best. THey have been on my 51 chevy for at least 20 years, and still look brand new. No squish and solid as hell. The previous owners did not take great care of my 51 before and they were soaked with oil for god knows how long. Cleaned them up with break cleaner when i swapped the motor and looked brand new, so i put them right back in.

24. earlymopar

earlymopar

Thanks much Bruce. That is exactly the one ("78") that I have been looking at. I think there is a very low risk of any fitment issues so am just going to go for it.

- EM

25. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

Jeep tranny mounts are the best. They have a nice metal cover that encases the rubber stopping it from squishing out.. I have a set of chromed ones on my a roadster

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. The Chassis Engineering biscuits have a stainless steel band around the outer diameter which helps keep the shape. I've never failed one of them. The $3.99 O'reilleys look pretty low grade like the speedway kit ones.

27. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

28. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Ron Pope sells them separate. All the stuff I've ever got from him is top notch and the customer service is great. 865 932 7541

29. shipping? just have your local store get them in and you can pick them up