Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What's your least favorite hamb friendly car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RaginPin3Appl3, Feb 18, 2017.

1. 46-48 Lincolns. Any year Rambler. Corvairs.

2. Montana1 likes this.
  3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Although I would rather have a '56 Olds front bumper on it, I would cruise around in that. It makes a statement just sitting there.

1927graham likes this.
  4. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Beautiful Fordor, but I am prejudice. Most ugly cars have been uglied by there owners. I even saw an ugly 32 Ford once.

Montana1 and bchctybob like this.
  5. bchctybob

bchctybob

Amen brother. No make and model is safe from the ravages of tasteless modification.
    The OP asked "what was our least favorite HAMB friendly car". I mentioned a general distaste for four door cars and was promptly made to reassess my opinion by HRP's deuce 4 dr sedan. So there you go, there's always an exception.
    Damn nice car HRP........

Montana1 likes this.
  6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

No comments, man! No one has the balls anymore to take a little criticism!

Flatblack 31, clunker and Montana1 like this.
  7. This will probably be an unpopular opinion but I've never liked the styling of the Tucker Torpedo. Sure I get that they were revolutionary, fast, relatively safe, etc for their time but from a pure looks standpoint they don't do a lot for me. I do however like the concept sketches of them so maybe it's your classic case of the artist's vision being watered down until it loses it's flair.
    tucker-cars-1.jpg Tucker-Torpedo-Design-Proposal-by-Alex-Tremulis-Dec-1946-01.jpg

bchctybob likes this.
  8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Funny, over the years here I have seen many fall over themselves, myself included, when someone takes a unpopular ugly car and make it a thing of beauty with a creative approach.
    I could make a list but number one per my opinion would be ratatouille's custom.

9. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

No body mentioned the first 2 years of the Edsel..... could never get past that horseshoe grill.

jcmarz and das858 like this.
  10. squirrel

squirrel

I mentioned that 1958 was a big year for ugly....yeah, the Edsel was introduced in 58.

Look back over the years, there are a few cars that have always been popular among hot rodders. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they were good looking cars. And good looking cars are rare. It's a lot easier to design an ugly car, than to design a good looking car.

If you don't believe it, go visit any parking lot full of modern cars.

bchctybob and Paul like this.
  11. A Boner

A Boner

My pick.....1959 Chevrolet 4 door.

12. badvolvo

badvolvo

Years ago, circumstances forced me to sell my daily driver pickup. Soon every truck on the road began to look good, even the shitty ones seem to have qualities I didnt notice before. When I finally got my new truck, all those other ones were ugly again.

13. I find in my old age, having been to countless car shows, I am really drawn to the "different" cars! What I once thought was "ugly" now appeals to me. I would love to own a '50 Nash Statesman or a '50 Studebaker! Besides, wouldn't I look "handsomer" sitting in an "ugly" car???
    P.s. I am sure lots of guys find my Dodge "ugly"! (I could care less!)

The.Rev.Earl likes this.
  14. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

1958 - 1960 GM cars are at the bottom of my list, along with 62 / 63 Doge / Plymouth, 1960-63 Rambler Americans. All of these I hate to admit that I owned.

15. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

most one the ones I find ugly are gassers.

16. My dad was not a "car guy" so as a kid and later as a teenager with a license, I thought I was caught in a purgatory of station wagons and 4-doors, most of them bought already fairly old and driven until left by the side of the road. After what seemed like years of punishment, I turned 21 and within days I was at the car dealer with my down payment in my sweaty fingers for something way cooler.
    I think my experience permanently turned me off to the practical/family car end of the bell curve. Although I will say that some of those cars from my past have mellowed with time. The '55 Pontiac 4-door and the '55 Ford woody wagon wouldn't be the worst cars to have back again (but you can keep the '59 Plymouth wagon far away from me).

upspirate likes this.
  17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

So what did ya buy?

upspirate likes this.
  18. Any "Gasser " with fake spindle mounts.
    Any "Altered" marked as a Gasser (with or without fake spindle mounts)

bchctybob likes this.
  19. Henry J's, although I did see one I thought was cool once.

20. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I've seen a couple of these 59' Cadillacs over the years....thought they were the ugliest things I ever saw! 330924b9916c2b281d45bca959790e0b.jpg

21. Amen, brother. I understand the appeal for drag racing, but I never could find a redeeming angle in the styling.
    Probably same goes for Willys Aero Sedans.

22. cb186

cb186

T-buckets and the like.

Cosmo49 likes this.
  23. cb186

cb186

That's purty.

24. upspirate

upspirate

Don't care much for "Duval " style windshields

Flatblack 31 likes this.
  25. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

After some thought I just can't get around the 46-48 Chrysler products 2 and 4 door sedans,especially the longer Dodges, DeSotos and Chryslers.
    A close second are the homely 49-52 offerings by Chrysler Corporation. IMHO

bchctybob likes this.
  26. I liked my 41 Ford just fine thank you very much. 41.JPG

27. upspirate

upspirate

Yep, I've got a source for some aluminum repro side & center brackets for a boat project in my future......I should order them before they quit making them or go out of business!!

28. upspirate

upspirate

I like the way the side grilles are painted body color with the center chrome....cleans up that front

Paul B and hotroddon like this.
  29. Fedman

Fedman

The Spirit of this Thread is not Typical HAMB ....... :oops:
    Positive is so much more Fun and enjoyable. :)
    That is all...... carry on

30. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Here's a pair to draw to, :D:D:D;)
    [​IMG]

MO54Frank and jnaki like this.