Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What's your least favorite hamb friendly car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RaginPin3Appl3, Feb 18, 2017.

1. hot rust

hot rust

i know a lot will disagree but any 37-41 ford be it coupe sedan or truck. imo the worst of the worst.

2. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Later 50s and onward kustoms where the priority of having the largest number of modifications superseded the importance of good taste, flow and elegance.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Chavezk21 and cretin like this.
  3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

[​IMG]

RaginPin3Appl3 likes this.
  4. Anything that won't stay fixed

scotty t likes this.
  5. Andrew Mccann

Andrew Mccann
    from Bristol UK

The 40 coupe surely can't be the worst of the worst?!

6. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I'm for anything that the car snobs are against.

7. 3340

After running my 33 2 door all over the country, I've learned to love 4 doors, if you've owned a 2 door 32-34 you know what I'm talking about !

aussie57wag likes this.
  8. 327Eric

327Eric

No matter what car or truck I think of, I would still take one if given the chance.

MO54Frank likes this.
  9. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Any Buick From 1959 or '60.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All of my unfinished stuff.

11. norms30a

norms30a

That is an absolutely beautiful 4 door 32, just wow. It might be my upbringing because my dad owned 2 cars in his life, a 47 Chevy coupe and a 64 Plymouth 2 door hardtop. Possibly that influenced me, or maybe because the sports cars in the 60s were all 2 doors, who knows. I just always favor 2 door cars.

12. You know how everybody's dog looks just like them? Well, I was at a show one time and I was explaining that principal to my kids, only I was using cars as the example.

Everybody's car looks just like them too.

Then we walked up on this '55 Chevy that was chopped, had SQUARE headlights and was painted maroon with big gold scallops and all the bling. (I like '55 Chevies, just not chopped)

I proceeded to explain it to the kids how bad it looked and my 8 yr. old son said, "You mean like that lady sitting in the car!" :eek::eek::eek:

That lady looked just like her car, right down to the square sun glasses! OMG!!!

Forgive me Lord! I learned NEVER to cut down somebody's car publicly. ;)

13. Remember,your children will re-pete everything they ever heard coming out of your mouth and at the most embarrassing time. HRP

Montana1 likes this.
  14. Done. I'm a convert, (If only it was that EZ for Paul), that car is sweet, so is your red one. I guess I just like to be a contrarian.

15. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I generally like em all, some because they are so ugly but full of character....but yeah a 58 olds is a hard one for me to love as well, Im not sure if they are overly ugly or overly beautiful but it sure isnt plain, thats for sure:D
    Heres a pretty nice try tho..............most anything can be made cool in the rite hands;)
    [​IMG]

16. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Ok. I'm not that old in the big scheme of things but I'm going to back up for a minute and talk about something that is not talked about much anymore because times have changed. I even remember when a " hot rod " was a pre- '49 TWO door coupe. Twenty to thirty years ago, I saw guys walk by perfectly nice 4 door Model T sedans and say that's not a hot rod. Those are for restoring. The rest fell under customs or really nice rebuilt cars that may of had an engine swap. And that was only up to 1959. Anything after that was a muscle car, a street truck or low riders. I know there is always exceptions but some of the definitions we used to define cars has changed. That said, I love Crosleys. I wish I had two. One for each foot. But STREET RODDER magazine did a 4 door Crosley wagon thing in the early 90's that was just ugly. It had monotone canary yellow paint with a two-tone brown tweed interior. It looked like a hamster wearing a burlap suit. And I thought to myself, how could someone do that to a car?

clunker and bchctybob like this.
  17. Corvette Fever

Corvette Fever
    from Michigan

It amazes me how most of the cars I used to think were ugly are now KOOL.......how the hell dd that happen?????
    I remember making my mom drop me off two blocks for grammar school so I wouldn't be seen in her 56 Packard convertible. White pink and black.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Cosmo49 likes this.
  18. squirrel

squirrel

now then, just because I say a car is UGLY, doesn't mean I wouldn't own one! :)

Cosmo49, e z i and Montana1 like this.
  19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

That surely was cool then too, to the rite people.
    [​IMG]

20. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

This should be obvious to everybody, but it needs to be stated that is a beautiful car.

21. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I'll defend the '59 Buick as an elegant car. Different and beautiful. I can't defend the 60. They are so similar, yet the 59 is so much cleaner than the 60. There was no need to ever build the 60 Buick.

swervyjoe likes this.
  22. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

Oh man, that grill is so mean though. Those cars always look pissed off. I wish the lines worked to put the front end of a 59 buick on a 59 chevy

Drunk Man likes this.
  23. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I think what's ugly about them is that the trim on the sides has no rhyme or reason. You look at the other 58 GM cars. The chevy, pontiac, and cadillac have some decent looking trim, but the olds and buick are just too chromey and the lines on especially the olds just don't make sense. I am definitely a fan of 58 buick and olds grilles though, and the tail lighs of the olds are even cool, but that side trim just ruins it. It's like they made the buick and olds and then said it needs something... and they threw as much chrome as they could on it

24. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

I love a good John Wayne shoot em up!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. As grandpa once said if we all liked the same things we'd all be sleeping with grandma.:D

26. Paul

Paul
    Editor

1958 Chevrolet, now there is one butt ugly piece of iron

das858 and squirrel like this.
  27. Actually, the older I get the more I like the quirky stuff. You can see how the automotive designers were trying to influence styles and trends or mimic other parts of society or culture. I get a kick out of that stuff.

Plus, I like low buck rides and the oddball cars are usually cheaper to get into.

28. This was the first thing that popped into my mind as well. Although they are growing on me.

I passed a super nice one last Sunday that got me thinking that I need to lighten up a bit.

29. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

With appologies to Pug owners.
    The first time I saw a Pug and its owner that was my first thought, then one day they held a Pug day at our local dog park, it was more than a first impression.

Montana1 likes this.
  30. In my opinion, just about any car ever built can be made beautiful, you just have to work harder on some. Now, making them ugly, anyone with a torch can do that. LOL

gas & guns and Montana1 like this.