Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest If you could spend the weekend with 1 HAMB member who would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Feb 10, 2017.

1. i am still in therapy........

2. Nailhead Brooklyn...........but hey,:D;) 193191.jpg that's just the way I am.

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I wonder why

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I think you all should come and spend a weekend with me. That way, as a team, we could get my '34 painted, assemble, wired, brake and fuel lines run, and have it done. What could be more rewarding and gratifying than that? I have beer, extra beds, and lots of masking tape and sandpaper...
    16507895_10212671801732587_4456239670310119758_n.jpg

5. LostBoy

LostBoy

Squirrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Danny {HRP} would be at the top of the list. I used to go to his state every week, some good folks there. Beaner would be high on the list, too., as would Bruce in TN. Would love to listen to some of their tales, tall or not.....

7. Bruce Lancaster

pitman, Stogy, Germ and 2 others like this.
  8. strait8

strait8
    from Skokie, IL

Rockerhead! I thought he was cool just looking at his picture with his multi carb Buick straight 8. Then he was nice enough to answer one of my posts. Even cooler. A garage full of old straight 8's, spare carburetors, unlimited beer, and Rockerhead! That would be the coolest.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  9. Wyld Deuce

Wyld Deuce
    from ...

I don't know her name or what she looks like, but she's around here someplace. :D

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Chris and I have met, but we didn't have long to talk, it was at Monroe, and we were in a hurry to get back, we were hitting our parcel drop on the way home, and it closes at 2pm on Saturday.:(

11. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Roseville Carl. His flathead powered FED is as good as they come and he's a talented and compassionate guy.

12. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With Choptop40 , he's awesome...

iwanaflattie likes this.
  13. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or choptit40......ha ha ha

14. [​IMG]

Mark,I honestly think old Dad did it with more flair. :D

I met him about 15 years ago,I knew him immediately with his trademark black horn rimed glasses and flip flops,he was quiet a character, HRP

[​IMG]

15. You can tell he was more comfortable and he meant it!:eek:

16. And well you should be!:D Do you want the room next to mine?:p

17. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

From the examples that I have seen of the quality of 40 Fords you build you are welcome in my shop anytime and I could use some pointers..... 0433c6_fdc7d19f198e4fc4a65ed55154faa060_jpg_srz_147_89_75_22_0_50_1_20_0.jpg

18. Koz

Koz

Any and all the guys that support my T obsession..... Too many to list but I I'd bet a few weekends at the right runs would net me some time with most of them.

Stogy and falcongeorge like this.
  19. trvguy

trvguy

Squirrel
    I know I could learn from him.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Would have to be Bluto over in Poland. Would go there from Chester in my O/T trike. He has so much cool stuff...

chryslerfan55, Stogy and falcongeorge like this.
  21. JimSibley

JimSibley

I'm going to say, plow boy, or the guy that built the 32 from a bug. Just because they think outside of the box.

pitman and Stogy like this.
  22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

if any of you guys want to spend the weekend with me the 2nd one in June is a good one. That is when a bunch of us camp in Bowling Green at the Hot Rod Reunion:)

GOOD TIMES INDEED

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  23. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Chopped Olds only because hes only 5 miles away!

24. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    We have all seen various photos of the place Ron Funkhouser calls home. With all of his toys on the property, we could last for days just looking at all of the memorabilia and neat cars. That miniature village for his grandson, the model collection, artworks, wow, who wouldn’t want to walk around just gazing at all of the cool stuff.

No, this is not the president of the Ron Funkhouser Fan Club, but there are places where things just happen to be and boy, are they interesting. It is like a museum of memorabilia. Back in the old days, we used to walk around all of those old antique shops in the City of Orange in So Cal. It would be a similar trip down memory lane, but better.

The second would be Dean Lowe. We probably met sometime ago when we used to go watch our friend race against Dean in the quarter midgets at Los Alamitos and other tracks in So Cal. (youngsters) Here is a guy that has lived all forms of the So Cal hot rod scene. Don’t get a swelled brain, but, I remember that Hot Rod Cover with his roadster pickup and wished it was me in high school with that RPU, back in the day. (a magazine cover and story in HOT ROD ! WHAT???) Looking at his current ride, I could go over that RPU for days. That certainly would have been tops on my photo assignments for a magazine article.

The other long lost HAMB member would be 64wildcat. He and I have similar So Cal roots and stories from back in the day. Also, his love for Buicks sparked an interest because of my dad’s fanatical liking of Buicks from 41-82. My dad even had a similar Wildcat to Peter’s own Wildcat. Besides, my wife would like that it would be a great trip to New Zealand. (except for that super long plane ride or forever boat trip)

Being on the HAMB for learning stuff, I would like to thank 296ardun for super memories, Marty Strode + Dreracecar for reminding me of my friend Atts Ono with their quality skills building stuff, and all of the So Cal hot rod, custom, drag racing locals with their cars and memories. (Even… Pgan for bringing back those memories of the hectic days of magazine photo shoots and travel to get “the” shot for that elusive cover or centerspread. As well as trying to out shoot/out write those friendly, staff guys)

Jnaki

Actually, this list could continue to grow as we come in contact with more friendly people that have similar interests and thoughts. A community of sorts…When I first started searching for any photos of our 40 Willys from 1960 at Lions, the whole HAMB thing has evolved into enjoying reading most of the stuff from other HAMB members. It is also fun sharing ideas, film clips, photos and stories. It has also sparked many memories from back in those days…This certainly will keep my brain’s memory blocks active for quite some time, warding off that dreaded, brain disease. We love traveling in the whole USA, but So Cal is where we continue to enjoy life and what it has to offer. The HAMB is part of that journey.

25. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D I`m gonna revise my answer a bit to this.Whoever lives closest to THE BEST BBQ and COLDEST beer in the lower 48:eek::p.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

iwanaflattie, loudbang and enloe like this.
  26. drumyn29

drumyn29

Quain stott

loudbang likes this.
  27. donno21

donno21

Gonna have to see a picture of her before I can decide.

28. Quain Stott ain't a female but he has been know to wear a pink Gene Cromer tank top. :D
    Seriously,Quain is the man behind Gene Cromers return to racing.

I see you haven't been a member for year so you might enjoy reading the story about The Moonlighter.HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  29. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey hey....lets do this again...for me..probably someone from the grave...ha ha

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.