Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest If you could spend the weekend with 1 HAMB member who would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Feb 10, 2017.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I remember my first trip to the Hi-Perf. Swap Meet in Puyallup, I was like a kid in a candy store.

2. Here is what happened when I spent time with HRP in 2015.:rolleyes: This is what he taught me!:eek:
    SC 030.JPG

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ngo (or should I be using the more formal Asian approach, and addressing you as Dong?), I'll be back in Ho Chi Mien in July, we gotta meet up! Quan On Ngon for lunch and iced coffee? We'll follow up with scooter drags in front of the Freedom Palace.Wadda ya say?:D

chryslerfan55 and mr57 like this.
  4. loudbang

loudbang

Boy talk about a tough question whew. If pressed for an answer it would have to be racer-x or squirrel because they like drag racing like me. BUT I would say just about EVERY MEMBER we have the best group of Car enthusiasts collected in one spot.

All the guys on the meltdown thread, mad mikey, tommyd, old long time membey Colsey, jim dillion, chuck norton, hotroddon, dean lowe, enloe I could go on for a bunch but as you can see I lean toward the dragracing crowd.

5. Well after the HRP experience:eek: I gave it some serious thought and came up with two guys that I would like to meet and spend a little time with. Jeff Norwell and Ruben Duran

6. I have my cat.. don't need anyone else....
    chloe-1.jpg

7. Which one is he so I can watch out if I'm ever in the area, lol.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  8. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

George, the vintage races are a lot of fun. I'm about 20 miles from Watkins and on the Friday night of the Vintage weekend they close down the main street to regular traffic and run the racecars on the old street course for a few laps.
    You never know who you might run into - met Vic Jr. a few years ago - he and Cammy were there with some vintage Trans-Am cars. Vic Edelbrock Jr.jpg

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

He is in the midst of restoring a one of three Dietrich bodied Franklin Convertible Speedster that belonged to my father. The general game plan is that when he finishes it, my family and I will fly back, and we will go in the Franklin.

10. BJR

BJR

You guys can list HRP or Gene Windfeild, Moriarity, Beaner, etc, but I choose Jungle Pam!!!!!

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Jeff Norwell would be a good guy to visit, me thinks. Gary

12. The tall one in the designer shoes!:p

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Designer shoes? What a crock!

14. bchctybob

bchctybob

It would have to be a long weekend.
    Pick up Dean Lowe, Rockerhead, Jnaki, Hotroddon and KiwiKev and get the stories (and the party) started, fly everyone east to pickup 'Beaner, Saltflats, HRP and Tony, then jet everyone up to check out Moriarty and his collection. On the way back west we'll stop at Falcongeorge's, 73RR, Marty Strodes and DDDenny's.
    That oughta just about define hot rod camaraderie overload........There's a whole lot more HAMBERS to visit but it is just a weekend, right? Only one? No way.

15. Buy yer own beer ya deadbeats!!!!
    Yes, I'm bitter! So what!!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chairman, Id like to second that nomination and send it to the floor!
    upload_2017-2-16_16-13-58.png

17. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Danny does have that effect on folks.:p I wouldn't recommend wearing crocs tho.:)

18. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

How about a gathering at LARS 2017 ? Come Hell or High Water, I am going to deliver the " Spalding Roadster" to "Too Tall Ganahl" that weekend. Thinking about a small display, along with selling some junk at the swap meet. There will be plenty of our members on hand, from all over, let's think about it !

19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What time does my flight leave?

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Tony like this.
  20. bchctybob

bchctybob

Sounds good to me Marty, it's been a long time since I got down to the LARS.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there an extra seat on this soul train? I aint lots of fun to hang with, I got a weird ass accent and some say I even smell kinda funky... but I buy drinks.
    upload_2017-2-16_17-57-24.png

22. MYSELF, need help restoring a 1933 Pierce Arrow carburetor, putting a cargo floor in a 1947 Ford Pickup, cleaning up a 1962 Olds 215 engine , and blasting and removing undercoating from a 1963 T-bird to get it ready to modify.

23. Nocero

Nocero

Flop, Sibley, Squirrel would be my top three cant really pic a favorite. Germ would be a fun weekend too!

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

hell I'd buy tickets to that tour!

25. I'm not sure she hangs out here on the HAMB so here goes..... Linda Vaughn.
    I promise I would be on my best behavior, honest.
    I met her 5 years ago at the B-J Auction in January and was totally impressed with her.
    Charming, extremely intelligent, full of Southern hospitality and charm. and packed with magnificent stores. Oh, did I mention beautiful. They just don't come much better.
    I don't think a single weekend would be enough. Now, If only I could get a permission slip from my wife.

26. I will be in the swapmeet with two spots and the hypersonic will also be there. Be nice to be close to each other. My 87 then grandpa will be with me and he ran the dry lakes in the late forties. Pat gave him a ride in the purple 32 at the Pasadena roadster club picnic in 2010. He would love to see the car you built as he was in the prc club with the Spaulding bros and used thier ignitions in his cars. And might remember them running the car you recreated. Good times to come.

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I have met a ton of people from here and they have all been good people. Some of them have even been great any of them would be a pleasure to hang out with for a weekend.
    I guess if it was anyone I hadn't met in person it would be Kiwi Kev. Maybe he could teach me some stuff because god knows I have a lot to learn.

28. Bruce Lancaster
    Chris
    Marty Stroud
    Pete Eastwood
    Flop
    Nealin CA

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  29. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

The few HAMB'rs that I have already met are really down to earth guys. I would love to meet and work with any of y'all. This little Hokey Ass Message Board is one heck of a place. There is some unreal talent on here that I have seen on build threads, as well as great tech. The genuine willingness of people that help one another is totally awesome. Hot rodders are one of the best groups of people I have had the privelage of being involved with.

30. The 4 birds was Marks idea to let Ted know how much we love him!,,I'm the tall neanderthal on the right..

Maybe I need to auction my old croc's and donate the money to a worth cause. HRP

chryslerfan55 likes this.