Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hiwayman NEEDS a Y-Block!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6-bangertim, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Congrats on rescuing Sadie. She looks like a great dog. My wife and I have 4 rescue dogs that are ages 9-12 that we adopted as puppies and we know for a fact that they make great pets. Good luck with her....

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  2. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

3. Now you have Sadie to raise ........ but know the spirit of Shela will still be riding with you and Sadie !
    God Bless, you gave Sadie a lifetime home.
    Doesn't get better than that !

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    pat59 and SanDiegoHighwayman like this.
  4. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Hm... who rescued who?? ha ha

SanDiegoHighwayman and Lebowski like this.
  5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad you now have Sadie to help look after you Thomas, but some of us don 't do Facebook. I am one of them.

6. pigfluxer

pigfluxer

7. pat59 likes this.
  8. I AGREE with Tim. Bruce.

9. Thomas, what is the story with the merc. now? Bruce.

10. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Merc is dead [ since October last ] but NOW w the NEW McTim engine on a rolling cart in front of it --- thanks to *crimnal* Bryan's delivery -- Here's TO the arrival of Spring once agin! When I can turn my attention to reviving her and thoroughly enJOY the McTim special's POWer to git her UP and MOOVIN from shoulder stops. In this, "my winter of discontent" we've had a lot of setbacks, and we lost my beautiful CoPilot Shela who was the light of our lives :( but gained a Sadie who's going to become one -- DROPPED 21st Century insurance! Who TOTALLY FFFFFFUCD me over w their BS handling of Beulah's "death" and the events that CAUSED it! Looooong story and one I'm gonna document for the insurance commissioner's office :mad:o_O:confused::rolleyes: Going w AAA now :cool:

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  11. carguy699

carguy699

Thomas, not to be negative about aaa but I had my car insurance with them for several years and had a minor fender bender-they raised my rate 110% on the next renewal-I had no other claims with them. when I called them after thinking that this was an error, the manager said"sorry about your luck": I dropped them and went elsewhere.
    jim

12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't know if you're a vet but if you are try USAA insurance. You won't be disappointed.

pat59 likes this.
  13. mopacltd

mopacltd

Was at the Big 3 this weekend, where were you, Thomas?

14. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How bad was the rain on Sunday? I was there Saturday and the vendor turn out seemed a little light. Maybe the weather?

15. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

IMG_1935.JPG IMG_1934.JPG IMG_1938.JPG IMG_1939.JPG Mc Tim's engine is "Banked" towards the coming of Spring http://yblockguy.com/ :rolleyes: and the indoctrination of a new "rider" Missing Shela terribly, but givin Sadie a loving forever home is helpin ALL of us here on the "Ranch"

Sadie had been adopted and returned 3 times before we found her --- issues cited were she was an "escape artist" and had "food aggression" problems -- SO far she has exhibited none of these -- one time she did take off running down the street once, but stopped, and sat when I finally yelled "Sadie STOP"

She "signals" plainly when she needs to go "out" and has picked a "private" area to do her business in where it's not likely to be stepped in

Went to take her for her first vet visit -- put her in the car and fastened her safety harness [ same one Shela wore for 15 years that SAVED her life in the 2011 crash ]

Sadie was trembling and shaking violently but not trying to git away -- we figure she was scared she was being taken back to the pound agin ---- so I didn't take her -- to give her more time to reallize that she belongs here @ the "ranch" w us [​IMG]:)

Went for a ride today -- she only shook & trembled a littl, but settled down right away to enjoy the ride --

Missing Shela w ALL my heart! But giving Sadie a happy - stable home helps ALL of us.

In this, my "Winter of Discontent" many changes have come about -- I haven't been "Out to Play in months -- haven't really *wanted* to w Shela gone :( Nor do I wish to risk my last remaining operational vehicle in the bad weather we've been havin recently w all the crazy drivers who don't know enuf to SLOW DOWN for it!

Gittin low on firewood, and for the first time in my life, I've got to depend on someone else to GIT it for me or buy it and have it delivered -- :eek:

Had to ask my good neighbor twice recently, these past coupla months, to take me to Home Depot w his truck to obtain some 2x4s :oops:

It's difficult for me to *have* to ask as *I've* ALways BEEN the one w the means & ways to HELP others

ALL my life, I've done yard work for others, for pay since I was 10-12years old - done it since, many times for neighbors, who've experienced difficulties in their lives for NO pay but the pleasure of knowin I was doin a needful thing for them and they appreciated it.

2 weeks back, *I* paid someone, a local gardener I'd observed, routinely doing a good job for a neighbor, to DO my front yard:eek: first time ever ---

This gittin OLD thing is PIGEON POOP!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    6-bangertim and Bruce Fischer like this.
  16. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

I was in a funk - depression --- and didn't go -- thanks fer askin -- sorry to have missed you

17. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

https://www.youtube.com/user/SanDiegoHighwayman
    50 years -----

Thomas Weller shared his post.
    13 mins ·
    [​IMG]
    Thomas Weller
    March 5, 2016 ·
    October 26, 2015 ·

went "out to play" fer a while

headed WB I-8 JWO the I-15 on the RS there's a beatup [ usta be white ] Ford Tarus w a gas can sittin on it's trunk lid and a torn up tire leanin against the back bumper
    [ BOTH universal signs of distress ]

I'm not positioned to safely land there, so I "goaround" from Texas, back EB to the I-15 and then finally back WB to come up behind em lit up fer pertection.

fella drivin is takin female passenger to hospital - -she's sick -- they've had a BO [ he'd changed the tire already and the donut was on the car ] AND then run OOG as well

Gave em some

gave the fella one my addy cards as well cause it looked to me like they weren't in any shape to "buy" anuther tire, and I've still got 3 15" tires left out behind the barn -- told him if he could git out to me I'd have a tire for him --

i'm gonna havet to hit up JYK fer some decent 15" tires if he has any -- I'm gittin kinda shy of em since I retired from "workin" my stock of "emergency" tires is depleatin as I give em away and some I've hadta *throw* away as they've become unsafe to "give* agewise

Well, NOW - he's ready to "launch" and there a sudden loud series of noises behind us as several cars strike and drag some plastic storage containers that had flown outta the back of a small pickup approachin our position!! ONEa the cars strikein & draggin em neata swipes the Tarus as it heads for the RS -- then the plastic comes disengaged from under and the car continues down the road -- beHIND my Merc, the small pickup comes onto the RS and stops short -- to my relief -- of hitting it -- WHEW!

young gal gits out and starts walkin up pickin up pieces of the busted containers as she comes -- I pick some up as well outta the slow lane next to us as the traffic allows and toss them over onto the RS median -- she picks them up as well

She'd not had any tiedowns on her load, not knowin what the wind kin do, and didn't have any so I gave her some of those that I carry fer JIST these kinda situations and we strapped down the load t-geather -- sent her on her way w a Via Con Dios as always and onea my addy cards as well cause she insisted she want to return my bungees TO me - She DID, they arrived t-day, priority mail, they were HERE when i returned from *tday's* "playin on the freeway"

nice thankee card included

to wit --

Dear Angel,

Thank you for your light and assistance today when helping me tie down some of the items to the back of my red truck on highway 8 west Fri. 9/20
    I am inspired by your mission to spread peace on earth.
    I cannot thank you enough for your kindness today and would also like to thank you for being a light for the rest of us.
    You prevented injury to others and helped me very much.
    Sending you peace and appreciation,

Jessica

went roundabout some more - -over the bridge & thru the park -- a coupla other assists - and I meet my bro fer lunch @ the denny's @ clairmont square - we're havin lunch on the patio -- where Shela is a welcome guest as well and I notice a fella out in the parkin lot takin pics of the Merc - he looks over and sees me & Steve and allows as to how I'd stopped to help him on the road recently NICE fella, from the Chechen Republic in Europe -- said he'd been "passin it on" since

He went inside and commandeered our lunch check and paid it

there's more to yisterday's story -- but my mind's goin blank

kinda tuckered jist now -- gonna haveta go siesta fer a while

Truck64 likes this.
  18. About gittin old Thomas you aint alone.!!LOL.! Bruce. 001.JPG

19. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

6-bangertim and Bruce Fischer like this.
  20. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

beginning -- thru last week -- THIS week it comes OUT IMG_1948.JPG IMG_1949.JPG IMG_1950.JPG IMG_1951.JPG IMG_1955.JPG

21. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

22. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

[​IMG]
    are you done yet dad?

I need a walkie [​IMG];) [​IMG]:)

Sadie has proved herself trustworthy to NOT take off, and so, now, has the freedom of the ranch as Shela did - holdin her head HIGH now and showin us how happy she is to BE here -- [​IMG]:)

6-bangertim, pat59, Tim and 4 others like this.
  23. Thomas , she sure looks HAPPY!!! Bruce.

24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I do not think you were dreaming,I had two cats die in my house and they are still here. sometimes when I am alone in bed I can feel one jump on the bed and feel one laying on me but when I look I see nothing.

25. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

IMG_1976.JPG IMG_1979.JPG IMG_1980.JPG IMG_1981.JPG IMG_1982.JPG IMG_1984.JPG IMG_1983.JPG IMG_1986.JPG IMG_1988.JPG IMG_1990.JPG Nuff for today! :eek: went purty well, all things considered ---

got two sets of workin clothes filthy - greasy! and a number of shop towels -- floor & hand REALLY dirty - went thru bout 30 pairs of gloves -- BUT - I managed to keep fairly clean :)

engine & tranny are togeather and set in their mounts for the night -- need to reposition in the mornin -- WHEW! ITOFTS! :rolleyes:

26. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Would those be DANCHUK (classic CHEVROLET) fender covers? Looks like everything's coming together; won't be long and you'll be back out cruising the roads and freeways. mI am Butch/56sedandelivery.

27. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Thank YOU for yer part of gittin this beautiful McTim engine for me Butch :)

gonna take a break tomorrow -- it's been a loooong coupla weeks to git *this* far --

The devil is in the details :rolleyes:

6-bangertim, Bruce Fischer and treb11 like this.
  28. SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  30. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Fortunately, I'm a stroke survivor

Unfortunately, I'm done being the San Diego Highwayman ----

It's been a looooooooong weekend :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.