Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Starting a low tech YouTube vlog about Hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 13clicks, Sep 28, 2016.

1. 13clicks

13clicks

Thanks for the kind words.

spurgeonforge likes this.
  2. Dynamite coverage of trog in Pismo. I had no idea the number of scooters that were there.
    Thanks for all the effort.

13clicks likes this.
  3. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

It'd be cool to organize a run up to his shop with some others, that would be better than just going up by myself.

13clicks likes this.
  4. deadbeat

deadbeat

Im subscribed,,awesome work and thanks for sharing

13clicks likes this.
  5. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Fabulous, thanks

13clicks likes this.
  6. 13clicks

13clicks

You should.... I would go if I were in SoCal. I live in NorCal now. He would be stoked on that I'm sure. Then you could run along the beach for a food stop since you're close.

7. 13clicks

13clicks

thanks and glad you like my videos... Yeah Its great having an event with both bikes and cars on the same level.

Hope they can organize the west coast TROG again... the organizers didn't have an easy go on this the first one on the west coast... financially and demands from the city. More videos to come. Have a great weekend!

8. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Great vids,thanks for sharing,I've been lucky enough to visit Alans shop,and buy a lot of cool stuff for my cars and ship back to Australia.And he is a great character and great fair prices

13clicks likes this.
  9. 13clicks

13clicks

Thanks to all who watch, comment and have subscribed to my YouTube. I'm shooting some new videos soon. It's winter here so things are slow. Anyone have ideas on what you want to see in the future videos let me know. I'm in Northern California and don't have much of a budget to travel at the moment. I'm trying to hit the GNRS in Pomona if I can afford it. I'll definitely be at most the shows in Sacramento for sure. Thanks guys. Have a good one.

10. Subscribed. Great stuff here. Please post MORE!!

13clicks likes this.
  11. costa brava

costa brava

finally a good vlog in the net! subscribed and waiting for the next upload!

13clicks likes this.
  12. Mikel50

Mikel50

Really cool videos ! I'll be subscribing for sure ... like how each one is way different than the previous. Keep'em coming. Looking forward to the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13clicks likes this.
  13. 13clicks

13clicks

Yeah man... thanks!!!! I have been kind of slacking due to the crazy weather we have had this winter... I will have a new episode up after this weekend at the Sacramento Autorama. Thanks for the kind words and have a good one!

14. 13clicks

13clicks

Thanks! more to come soon!

15. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

Impatiently waiting.....

13clicks likes this.
  16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Great filming, you seemed to get all the right stuff! Nice to see Bruce (from Sacramento Vintage) Last time Bruce and I were together I bought Mark Morton a drink (George Dickel: "Ain't thet right, Whiskey Man?")
    All the right stuff. I was laid up in bed, (the back from Hell!) so I wasn't able to attend.
    Like hell... Your film was just like being there! Thanks!

13clicks likes this.
  17. 13clicks

13clicks

18. 13clicks

13clicks

Here's the first SPARX Hotrod Video Magazine I shot. Learning the edit process. Will get better in time. Tell me what you think and what you want to see in the future? Im in Norcal so keep in mind that my budget is slim to none for travel. Give my YouTube channel a subscription... Thanks for watching.

Mikel50 likes this.
  19. Mikel50

Mikel50

Subscribed a while back ...Watched this a few weeks ago on YouTube.

Dig the documentary style videos like this.
    Kinda like a hotrod review feel to it.

Great job !
    Look forward to part 2

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13clicks likes this.
  20. Im subscribed to your channel as well. I enjoy the videos and also want to start a youtube channel similar to this. Will definitely be following

13clicks likes this.
  21. 13clicks

13clicks

I had to re edit my video... here's the new link....

22. Wow, I'm surprised Alan let some news out, you used to have to know someone that knew him to get in the door. I've been going to him for years sometimes just to look and talk.......it's getting time to go again .

He also rebuilds flatheads, 3 spds, distributors and rearends......if you ask nicely . Notice all the K.R Wilson stands everywhere.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  23. 13clicks

13clicks

Yeah I think he's getting to the point that he's just wanting to sell all the parts... not the personal cars though. He's a real cool cat for sure.... soo many great stories of hotrods in Los Angeles in the 50. I would recommend going as soon as possible. Thanks for watching!

24. 13clicks

13clicks

Just a quick update on the cousins model A. Windshield chopped up and placed. Motor runs. Brakes don’t like to brake. Typical. Hope to be up and ready for Bonneville.

IMG_2689.JPG IMG_2681.JPG IMG_2684.JPG

enloe likes this.
  25. Awesome! Ive been following this one on your YT channel, looks great

13clicks likes this.
  26. 13clicks

13clicks

I’ll try and do a catchup video on my YouTube. I’ve just been wrenching more than filming. Sorry. Stay tuned.

27. 13clicks

13clicks

I went for a ride to Sacramento Auto Museum with my cousin in his '29 Roadster. This was shot on a 360 Virtual Reality camera. This is my first time editing these 360 videos so its not perfect but oh well. Make sure your youtube quality is at least 720 or pref 1080. Hope you like it. I am going to shoot a few more of these in Bonneville next week. Thanks for watching. Blake

Texas36 likes this.
  28. Billy_Bottle_Caps

Billy_Bottle_Caps

29. 13clicks

13clicks

Here’s a video I shot on the salt last weekend. My fist time on the salt! I thrashed like a wild man on the roadster to make it. Hope you like it.

Mikel50, LongT and Texas36 like this.
  30. 13clicks

13clicks

We broke Yosemite... here’s a video below. Tim from Hopup set up a gathering in Yosemite last weekend. What a treat. Lots of cars and amazing views.
    Bus loads of foreigners were all about the hotrods... They were taking photos with and and sitting in our cars. A group of us camped in the park and pissed off the hippies camping in their Prius’s and $100000 Sprinter van conversations. Loud pipes saves lives.

Mikel50, enloe, HiSpoke and 1 other person like this.