Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest If you could spend the weekend with 1 HAMB member who would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Feb 10, 2017.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I will start this off by saying Moriarity gets my vote, if he's hung over from fiberglass catalyst I would head straight to Ron Funkhouser's pad. If he's at a flea market I jump on a plane and head over the water to SurfCity's dig's. How would you like to spend your weekend says a lot about you and the HAMB! Sooooo?
    No fair picking hotrodladycruser!

2. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

I'd like to spend some time with Rich Fox. He's done a lot of neat stuff, built some interesting engines and definitely thinks outside the box.

3. Pete Eastwood....i'm sure he would have a lot of stories to tell

4. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Rockerhead ....

HEMI32, volvobrynk and Larry T like this.

5. The Bean'er, Falcon George, Slldnmatt, Gary @ QEC (73RR),Squirrel,Ted, and Germ............In no particular order, just the guys i'de like to BS with in person. I don't know about spending the weekend with any of these crazy's.........

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  6. Oh, this is easy! I'd go to Wisconsin and stay with Bob K. We've spent some time together and he's got some great stories. I'd like to hear more.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

spending the weekend with a HAMBer? Not sure what my wife would say!:D Theres actually a whole bunch of guys on here I would like to meet and haven't yet, but its gotta be the Beaner! I figure we could talk cars the first day, and politics the second!

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Im blushing here...:p

chryslerfan55 and MrPhat40 like this.
  9. There is too many of you guys I want to meet there is no way I could narrow it down to just one and in the last 14 years I have had the opportunity to meet many Hambers , I haven't met one yet that I didn't like. HRP

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  10. GERM. I'm pretty square. Mr. Rogers would call me a nerd, then kick sand in my face. Germ knows how to party.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Nobody mentioned my name! Well...that's just fine!
    I'll just work on my touring with my young wife. And we'll drink beer. And Scotch! And...and...
    Well, we'll have a great time! (strong Jimmy Stewart brogue)

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

just from a history standpoint, I would have to rate meeting wbrw32 pretty high, I KNOW he has some stories to tell! F&J who has pulled the pin, would be another guy that would have some great history to share, I have had the pleasure of talking to Hemideuce many times, and he has seen and done a lot, hell he's even slow danced with Linda!!:eek::D Other than that, the list would get REAL long, there are a LOT of guys on here that I already feel like I am friends with that I would love to talk to face-to-face.

chryslerfan55 and wbrw32 like this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Mike, you would be RIGHT up there on my list, Gary too, Ted, theres just a TON of guys on here Id like to meet, you too Danny, I don't want to make a list, because it will get so damned long, and I am afraid I would still miss somebody.
    For those that don't know,Atwater Mike lived/witnessed a HUGE amount of southern California hot rod history, we have talked about some of it off-forum, and I think we have just scratched the surface.

14. i've spent a few weekends with a bunch of hambers.................it wasn't that good........:D;)

15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

"Nobody mentioned my name! Well...that's just fine!
    I'll just work on my touring with my young wife. And we'll drink beer. And Scotch! And...and...
    Well, we'll have a great time! (strong Jimmy Stewart brogue)"
    Geeze, there was only 10 posts before you were offened, how young is your wife?

chryslerfan55, clem and Atwater Mike like this.
  16. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

The BOSS, but it might take 2weeks to convince him to open up just a smidge <---(small on purpose )
    just (7) more years. 1972 and older Pa Pa Please
    Like if it was factory produced, with points in, or up to about 1972 .
    WELCOME FOLKS to the ---->
    NEW expanded HAMB:cool:

Other than that there is --->*NO particular (1) one*<--- but several, er really 50 er 75 of the GQQD people that contribute helpfully, with their insights.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    chryslerfan55 and BamaMav like this.
  17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Well...All the guys I know used to rag on me about her, "Cradle robber", "Babysitter", "San Quenton bait", all the jabs.
    A clever bartender caught her. He asked what she'd like, and she said "Scotch and wa-wa."

18. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Not sure where to start. In no particular order Loudbang, Rooman, Josh Shaw, Marty Strode, Dean Lowe and the list could go on for ever.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Seriously though, this is a very valid thread.
    I met Rich Fox when I was...17? It was at Automotive Industrial Supplies, and I was helping a friend with his hopped-up '31 Plymouth PA Coupe; engine was a 4 cyl. we had bored oversize, had a Howard regrind cam. It was 1959.
    Proprietor Harry was measuring available valve guides for me, and introed me to Rich Fox, who was picking up some 'sophisticated' parts for HIS '31 PA 4 banger...only he had converted his to OHV, using a Mercury V8 head! ("Turnpike Cruiser" comes to mind, but I think it was a 'Y' type now)
    Talking to Rich was like taking a tutorial on a one-on-one. I was elated, so much knowledge!
    Then found him again this many years later... Power of the HAMB! Hi, Rich!

20. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

WaWa, that's funny it took me a minute to figure it out. My granddaughter say's agwa I think!

chryslerfan55 and Atwater Mike like this.
  21. Fedman

Fedman

I clicked on this thread as soon as Brigrat posted it and thought.............
    I Ain't touching this with a Ten foot Pole! :p
    Now that some of the Braver have stepped to the Plate I will say with no doubt it has to be Beaner.....
    just Because I would like to sit and shoot the breeze with him and compare our Super Tune Ups!
    I do not watch many movies at all, but the first thing I thought of was John Candy in"Planes Trains & Automobiles"? The Bedroom scene about the pillow.......:eek: That is when I thought I cannot be the first to post in this thread! :D

22. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Mike, That post is a real good reason why I could not visit you for the weekend, just WAY to much knowledge/info my head would split in half....................................

chryslerfan55 and Atwater Mike like this.
  23. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

"I clicked on this thread as soon as Brigrat posted it and thought.............
    I Ain't touching this with a Ten foot Pole! :p"
    Were glad you finally came out of the closet!

24. last year the answer would have been easy to pick one..........3windowlarry...........
    now the list of "second runners up" is long.

25. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

^^^^^^^^^^^^You made me cry again^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

26. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Gimpyshotrods. I know nothing of him personally, but his knowledge and no nonsense approach appeals to me. I feel like I could learn enough to justify a trip to San Fran. I've known and loved being around guys like the beaner, so that would be cool too.

27. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

too many to list but in no particular order--
    Dean Lowe, Beaner, HRP, Russco, Falcon George, Lou Wells, Atwater Mike and I'm sure I missed a bunch.

28. Bob Owens. I'd like to go back to Bob's place for a HAMB Bomb Weekend reunion. Met a ton of guys over the course of a couple of days in Wellington Texas, 2006. I guess we missed the 10 year anniversary.

chryslerfan55 and BenD like this.
  29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I fully expect to meet Marty Strode one of these days, we are both in the PNW. Look forward to it. Fedman and his wife and I have met, I'm sure he was thinking "Cripes, does this guy ever stop talking??" :rolleyes::D

chryslerfan55 and need louvers ? like this.
  30. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Is Billy Gibbons or Jeff Beck a member?