Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. There's an all years/all makes car meet just about every Saturday night at the Home Depot in Kemah/Clear Lake Shores (between Chick-Fil-A and Home Depot). I used to go there just about every week when I lived in Dickinson.

The hot rod show in Texas City the past few years has been in April, after Round Up, if I'm remembering correctly.

2. please check back here on Wednesday or check our facebook page to see if the Burger Run has been postponed until the following weekend (Dec 10th). We will keep watching the forecast and make a decision on Wednesday for sure. Currently we are at a 60% change of rain for Dec 3.

3. ^^^^^The Burger Run has been postponed until Dec 10th due to a crappy weather forecast, please join use the following weekend, thanks.

olskoolrodder likes this.
  4. Sounds like a good call, see yall there on the 10th.

5. What's the status of the "Burger Run"? Looks to be cold, wet and windy Sat.

6. The Burger Run is on... come out!! arrival between 10-11am

72yenkonova likes this.
  7. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

8. Not gonna be able to swing it this weekend.

9. We would like to thank everyone who showed up, we greatly appreciate your support! We hope you guys show up next year. Remember this is a FREE event, just come out and spend the day with us and enjoy some good food and cold beverages. There were a few issues with The Shack and their timing on announcing their picks so that will take place at noon next year, also, to simply the process we will only have Top 3 awards. Most of the employees choosing are not car enthusiasts so simplifying this process for them will be easier.
    Here are some links to some pics from the event. Thanks again!! and see you next year.

https://www.facebook.com/Strokers-c...7/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1192597630831779

https://www.facebook.com/theshackburgerresort2/posts/1743830939277479

https://rstallones.smugmug.com/Other/Strokers-CC-Dec-10-2016/

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    ebs121781 likes this.
  10. I enjoyed the meet very much, it was worth the 90+ mile drive just to meet some fellow HAMBers. BTW, the Strokers CC are the friendliest bunch I have dealt with at a show and the food was great!

p.s., The goodie bags were awesome!!

11. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

12. 2016 Burger Run
    We are glad you guys came out, what a fantastic group of cars!! I am setting the date for December 2, 2017 for next years Burger Run. We are going to change some things. Like I mentioned previously, The Shack will pick their Top 3 choice and I will work with them on actually coming up with an award vs. the T-shirt or in combination with a shirt (it is a cool place, shirt would be nice to have). We are going to have them announce the winners at 12 noon then hopefully we will have a rockabilly band start immediately afterward on the indoor stage. I am also in contact with quite a few companies for donations towards our "gift bags" hopefully next year they will blow you away.

Texas36, brokenspoke and 72yenkonova like this.
  13. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Anything meetups going down anytime soon? I should have my wagon back by this coming Tuesday. So hopefully will be able to start making some.

-Spaz

14. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Conroe Swapmeet is next weekend

nailheadroadster likes this.
  15. aldixie

aldixie

Swapmeet next week. Should be a good one if the weather is good.

I'm looking for some carbs for a tunnel ram and some Chevy fenderwell headers.

16. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Awesome. Thanks!

17. Its not real close but the Texas Hoedown is coming up in March. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. Rally in the Alley is Mar 4 in Tomball.

19. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

I have been to the Texas Hoedown in 2015... think it was in Hempstead at the time?

20. Yes it used to be at the Waller county fairgrounds but now its in New Caney at 59 and the grand parkway.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

What and where is the Rally in the alley?

22. It has been a relatively small but fun show at Papa's Ice House in Spring the past couple of years. This year it's at the train depot in Tomball just off Main St. (2920). I don't know if they're going to have the bands or beer they've previously had when the show was at a bar.

Try this link. I can't open it here at work.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/236214280125061/

23. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Thanks! It is a few blocks from where i used to live actually. My wagon is in the shop still- hopefully will be out by next week now after talking to the tech this afternoon...

24. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Unfortunately, my wagon is still down... Hopefully the local shop can figure out what is sucking all the power...