Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bonnie and Clyde Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

image.jpg
    Huh.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. I have read some historic info on the Barrow gang. Very cold and cruel. Clyde had a brother , Buck who was just as cruel if not more so. He got part of hid head blown off in a shoot out and died soon after.

3. I'm an old fart here,,but I lived very close to where they would meet to see family,,Old timers in my town that were alive during those days said that most of the local law officers would go the other way if someone told them where B & C met family..They didn't want to be another dead cop.

4. RMONTY

RMONTY

My grandfather was a barber and had a little barber shop outside an old general store in a tiny north Texas town near the state line. Him and the owners of the store used to tell stories of b&c stopping in there to get fuel and supplies. They said everyone knew who they were but didn't dare acknowledge who they were...

Landmule and wbrw32 like this.
  5. I'm not condoning anything they did, the depression brought the best and worst out in every one. Its amazing what you will do to put food on the table and clothes on your back when a quarter of the population is out of work. They were ruthless that's for sure but once the line is crossed who can judge how far you can go.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

25% unemployment, and in those days they didn't count farmers or farm families as part of the statistic, a huge percentage of the population then.

7. Clik

Clik

When you know the true history of the Federal Reserve and FDR you wonder who the real robbers were. Sort of like the James Gang had plenty of Confederate sympathizers.

jcmarz, slack and vtx1800 like this.
  8. horace urrey

horace urrey

couple of minor points Clik is only half right those guys haven't quit yet. Pt. 2 if this is the car the seats have been redone the pictures on file in Springhill that show the car later in the day of the event show the front seat clearly down to springs and a little padding in the bloodlust of the crowd the had literally ripped any thing from the car that had B&C's blood on it I was told this by a posse member long before I saw the picture. Pt 3 B&C were hauled into Springhill in the car for some reason or other and this is where the crowd gathered and as mentioned earlier some dude did in fact try to cut B's trigger finger off a bullet had previously almost severed it the story went around for years that said finger was in ajar of alchy and was for sale more likely some poor sucker had a misadventure and decided to profit from it.

Clik likes this.
  9. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

the cowl lights look a little odd

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Aahhhh that because a slug went thru it. Sure are alot of naysayers about this car. The car is documented the holes match historical photos it has the trunk on it ect.ect. I guess I take it as it is the real thing.

lurker mick likes this.
  11. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

The Cowl lights were tore up by the crowd. They are intact in the images after the shooting.

12. You all can have that 'holy' '34 Ford. I'll take that sweet little '33-4 Chevy coupe that Frank Hammer (Denver Pyle) drove in the movie.....nah I'll take the '34 Ford too!!!

13. MidwestOldie

MidwestOldie

FBI report: Bonnie and Clyde drove up in their tan Ford...............
    Bonnie was married, but not to Clyde.

14. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

I never get enough of this Bonnie & Clyde stuff. Henry Methvin who was the driver for a while was according to my Grandmother my 3rd cousin. My grandmother knew quite a bit about this before she died and luckily for me she passed on pretty much everything she knew. Having grown up in Longview, TX (66 miles from Shreveport, LA) I unfortunetly have some pretty deep roots dating back to these outlaws. Strange, I am related to this outlaw and I have spent most of life as a Police Officer here in Texas, how ironic.

Nobey likes this.
  15. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Well if you have time tell us the real story.

16. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

I also would like to hear.

17. Packrat

Packrat

Henry Methvin's father was the one who turned them in and pretended his truck was broke down at the ambush site.
    It would be interesting to hear some of your Grandmothers stories.

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Justice was served and more than fairly.

c5bb4000bd977b16fa78d24a123207b2.jpg

19. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

as i remember... the car was driven in a Great American Race coast to coast in the late eighties... about the time that mr primm bought it.

20. Truckedup

Truckedup

21. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

22. I read that it was W.D.Jones' father who turned them in and arranged the ambush.

23. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Maybe they changed the windshield frame for this?

24. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Yeah, it's cool when we happen to agree with the outcome but you can't argue sanely that this had anything related to due process. Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

i.rant likes this.
  25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes:

26. Packrat

Packrat

No, it was Methvin's. I've done lots of reading on this subject. Look Methvin up on Wikipedia for instance.

27. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Is a fucking smiley supposed to be some kind of argument? Does your mom know you're on the internet?

i.rant likes this.
  28. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Well, everyone pretty much knows the real story although, the remarks made in the video about how the police held my Uncle hostage is not actually the truth based on my relatives and what Grandma told me happened. My Uncle sent Henry to town on a bogus run, while he was gone Uncle Methvin contacted the police and worked with them to stage the ambush. My Uncle agreed to setup his truck along the way and even helped the police decide the best location because Henry had told him B&C would be coming back to the house later that day.

BTW, Henry was run over by a train in later years because he was so drunk and passed out on the rails so I have been told.

I wish I still had all the paperwork and newspaper clippings my Grandmother had saved about this. She probably knew more about this than anyone else in our immediate family. If I could only go back and get her to speak all of what she knew into a recorder.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  29. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

That is incorrect. Mr. Methvin was the one who alerted the police that they were staying at his place.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017