Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Sneek peek at the Pierce Arrow dash panel I did for my '32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alchemy, Jan 29, 2010.

1. graceandco

graceandco

lilmann, Paul and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Alrighty then.....it's been a while since I last asked for pics of finished dash panels....it's about time you guys posted up some pics of your progress

ls1yj likes this.
  3. flatcrazy

flatcrazy

I can't believe I missed this thread for so long. It is exactly what I was looking for my coupe. Alchemy really got it right.

4. Excited to stumble across this thread after so long. I have a dash panel repop from Terry Wells from down under, I just had it chromed....looks awesome, I’ll post up some pictures soon

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. [​IMG][​IMG]

6. alchemy

alchemy

I wonder if he took one of mine and modified it to make those? Could you show the backside?

7. [​IMG]
    Here’s a shot of the back alchemy

8. alchemy

alchemy

How about that. He took my panel, ground off some of the fine detail from the front side, and cast his own copies. Makes me feel good. o_O

PA HAMB 1.jpg

PA HAMB 3.jpg

rg171352 and The Shift Wizard like this.
  9. alchemy

alchemy

Here's a question for any of the owners of the limited edition Pierce Arrow panels I made: Would you be offended if I made more? I had said years ago I'd only make 32 of my panels, but since this Terry Wells guy thinks he can take my part and splash off some rough copies, maybe I should make some good ones?

SS327, The37Kid, ls1yj and 5 others like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It certainly wouldn't be to me...but if its really an issue put some extra switch holes and call it second edition. If he really did take your dash and cast off it that's pretty low and it really wouldn't surprise me...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    SS327 and The37Kid like this.
  11. I would love to buy one if you do another run. I missed out the first time around and don't want to again!!!

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. Elrod

Elrod

Terry Wells is copying all kinds of stuff. He just bought a pair of rare Hotton Sullivan heads and is copying those. He does dual spark plug heads, angle drives, air cleaners, etc. All copies of stuff.

so.....

13. alchemy

alchemy

Well I found em. https://www.oldtimespeed.com.au/product-page/instrument-panel-pierce-arrow-style

They are basically casting directly off my panel. My panel has small variations from an original Pierce Arrow panel, and these variations are also in these crooks' new panels. They stole my product. They also stole some of the photos of your guys' panels (that I made) with gauges in them, from this very thread.

I guess if any of you want to buy some PA panels from crooks, go ahead. But I am seriously considering starting up production myself again.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    SS327, stanlow69, RICH B and 5 others like this.
  14. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sign me up alchemy,I Jones every time this thread comes up.

15. He, HAMBer Elco Heads aka Terry Wells, used some of the pics of my dash and gauges from HAMB threads in his website advertising and that is NOT right!:mad: Maybe Ryan might have some interest in this?

16. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I'm fine with you making them again. Since he's now started popping them out it isn't a special addition limited to just 32 anymore. I'd rather there be more fine detail ones like yours on cars than his washed out variety.

tractorguy likes this.
  17. Elrod

Elrod

18. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I'd like to see those pictures, but not at the cost of joining Face Book.

19. lilmann

lilmann

I would love to purchase one and have it for my 34 coupe project! Please let me know if you decide to make another batch....maybe call it the 10 year anniversary addition!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Wow, I certainly did not want bring up a topic that has history. Sorry fellas I had no idea about Terry copying Alchemy’s product. I stumbled across his website on FB and wanted one for my ‘34 project. I had found an original one at the LARS swap meet but the guy wanted $850 for it. I had my dash chromed and my chrome guy chrome it. He stated that the quality was less than perfect and rechromed it twice. I’m happy with it, I’m glad I found it. Didn’t mean to open a can of warms. Hot Rods forever!!!!

Attached Files:

ls1yj and RiffRaffRoadster like this.
  21. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

I love mine and have no objection, go for it!

ls1yj and tractorguy like this.
  22. TSS3240

TSS3240
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought one specifically because of the limited run. I believe thats one of many things that make it what it is. Eric Black is in the process of designing custom gauges to be built by classic and then installed in my 32 roadster that I have been collecting parts for the past 20 years. I understand the frustration when someone rips you off but dont sell out for just that reason. Do a different design, change something up or .......but please dont run these again.

DeLuxe 32, brigrat and Max Gearhead like this.
  23. X 2

24. alchemy

alchemy

OK, I won't. You guys are right. And, just churning out the same thing over and over takes the fun out of stuff.

I am going to work on a new version that has the same flavor, but is a bit smaller. It will only hold the classic main 5 gauges, instead of enough room for 6 like the originals had. Maybe I can get it out yet this winter. We'll call it the Pierce Narrow(TM).

Peanut 1959, RICH B, The37Kid and 9 others like this.
  25. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

32SEDAN and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Nope, he made a limited run of that one and another style. I was lucky enough to pick up one of the last of his other style and man is it nice, like nothing out there.

upload_2019-1-18_10-41-14.png

27. RiffRaffRoadster

RiffRaffRoadster

What’s the backstory on these Pierce Arrow dash inserts? What hot rod era were they popular in? The 31 Model A Roadster I inherited from my Dad has an original ‘33 Pierce Arrow dash -took me forever to find out what it was online.
    IMG_2324.JPG

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

alfin32, DeLuxe 32, 54reno and 4 others like this.
  28. Even though I only have a lowly reject panel, I'd also say don't restart production out of respect for the other guys who were willing to spend the money (and wait) for theirs.

To pile on, this Terry Wills crook has also stolen images and designs from Hot Rod Works (www.hotrodworks.com) for various Ford Banjo open drive, radius rod, and torque arm kits. Blatant theft displayed in plain view on his website.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Oohhh, I can dig it!

Nailhead Jason likes this.