Register now to get rid of these ads!

Front engine jr dragster (vintage style)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SinastirSpeedShop, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

that ^^^^ and one of these:

MMMMMMMMMM my kinda fun!

2. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

3. Gungy

Gungy
    from Alabama

I have one for sale that is truly a barn find. Has been in storage for around 30 years. I've have had 3 different people to tell me to ask $5k for it, what do y'all think?

4. Gungy

Gungy
    from Alabama

5. Rod Iron Speed Shop

Rod Iron Speed Shop

If it were me, I'd run the chain and sprockets on the left side of the driver, outside of the chassis. Just extend the output shaft of the engine. Problem solved.

Personally, I'd want a VERY good shield around the engine, specifically the flywheel.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  6. jhadly

jhadly

7. jhadly

jhadly

Magic Mike Denton of Denton Arc Race Cars has been building realistic Jr funny cars and front engine dragsters since 1999. He's on facebook/ Magic Mike Denton.

8. jhadly

jhadly

Check up Magic Mike Denton on facebook. He has all the right answers. OTE="Rod Iron Speed Shop, post: 9098633, member: 139415"]If it were me, I'd run the chain and sprockets on the left side of the driver, outside of the chassis. Just extend the output shaft of the engine. Problem solved.

Personally, I'd want a VERY good shield around the engine, specifically the flywheel.[/QUOTE]
    Che

9. rooman

rooman

John,
    not content with drinking the Denton Kool Aid over on Facebook, now you have to bring it over here? The subject was vintage style front engine junior dragsters.

Roo

10. Who is this?

I don't think it's MT.

Kind of looks like Mario or Danny Onthegas

Attached Files:

11. jhadly

jhadly

You can say all you want. Magic Mike Denton builds realistic Jr front engine dragsters and Jr funny cars for kids as well as Nostalgic top fuel dragsters and funny cars.

12. jhadly

jhadly

Don't be a jealous jack off. You could learn a thing or two from him chief. You don't put 6000hp fuel engines in your cars, he does.

13. I thought this would be the answer, Funny car with engine in front but no.... its in the back like the Junior Rails. JW
    [​IMG]

14. Guys, take it back to Bookface, this is what kills threads. JW

deadbeat likes this.
  15. Jacinda Mendoza

Jacinda Mendoza

IMG_0531.JPG IMG_0577.JPG IMG_0542.JPG IMG_0379.JPG Heya! I'm very proud to say I drive one of the first competition jr Feds in the world, and the first in New Zealand! I have a 250 cc Honda motorbike motor, as the rules here are very different to the ones in America. Since i was the first in nz, dad had to help NZDRA write rules for future jr Feds, and I've had to gain approval from the IHRA to race at their competitions. We got the wheels custom made so it still looked nostalgic!! Currently running 11.6s, but I've only done two comps so far. I asked dad one day if I could have a car like Angry Azz and he did some research and so we decided to build a FED from scratch. Angry Azz is a race team from the same area as me and we're family friends with the crew and drivers. My cars done some mean wheel stands too!! Even been nick named the wheelie queen of the juniors I have a clutch and 6 gears :)
    UPDATE:
    Revved a bit too much at the start line and ended up doing a wheelstand so big it scraped the bottom of my car so a wheelie bar is needed now Running high 9's to date

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    deadbeat, Tuck, Salt and 3 others like this.
  16. Frustration

Frustration
    from PA

That is a very cool FED! I'd love to see some photos of the drive train. How do you power the rear wheels? Here are some chassis shots of our Comp Coupe. Not nearly as fast as your's. steering 2.jpg With seat removed hand brake and throttle on right.JPG

17. You go girl!!
    Where's the video?

Jacinda Mendoza likes this.
  18. I watched Jacinda race two weeks back............Very Cool !! JW

Jacinda Mendoza and Salt like this.
  19. Jacinda Mendoza

Jacinda Mendoza

I'm not exactly sure what or how dad did everything, but I can ask

20. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3986.JPG
    IMG_3983.JPG

This used to have a roll cage over your head and a butterfly steering wheel- (my dad swapped out both to my dismay at the time) along with vintage 4lug mags and slicks but the wheels were stolen. (They were rare) this was made sometime in the sixties-! Chain drive in the center- friction brakes, pull lever on the right- two pedals cast by butaco or something-

We drug this out of the woods today- time to give it a second chance. (-;

Tuck

deadbeat and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  21. deadbeat

deadbeat

Hey Jacinda welcome aboard. Lol, you beat me to it with your FED as I was just going post some pics to. Well done to you and Dad,,