Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

40:00 into the film. Hot Rodding.

2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Alone? Passion. Hold onto it. It can leave. I know.
    A little inspiration below. Where is Nazareth Texas? That gives you three months. I'm planning to attend Carson City.
    Gary

IMG_0847.jpg

3. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

Thanks for the sacrilege, I enjoyed it.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I got ya!

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Now........back ta buckets?

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm trying, Gary. That's all I can say. I'm gonna try and be there, but it may not be in my T!

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

He set the foot prints. We follow. I grew up with his "T". I'm moving on, but I still have to give respect....

8. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Not trying to rush you Fred. Build your Bucket right not fast. It took me ten years to ge it on the road and another twenty to get it like it is.
    Gary

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Gary, late at night, when I seem to concentrate the best, I look and plan things out. This little project of mine is going to be my best effort. I just need to stop wanting it quickly because that thinking causes short cuts and that leads to a half ass job.

10. I find its good to have a break and just look, even dream....... I call it planning and it works. There are a lot of items to hide under a small roadster body so one needs to pay attention. JW

AndersF and tfeverfred like this.
  11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

12. Cool footage.This came on the windshield on my T when I got it, the old glass is now in safe storage. JW
    [​IMG]

13. About 70 miles north of Bethlehem, Tx? ;-) But seriously, it's in the panhandle, roughly half way between Amarillo and Lubbock.

Sent from my SM-S902L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

In 2014 my wife Jan's mother passed away in early May in Van Texas.
    We drove down to Texas for the funeral.
    Our chosen route entering Texas took us through the panhandle of Texas and we were approaching Lubbock.
    The wind was blowing like crazy and the dirt and dust was blowing everywhere.
    On top of that the temp was 100 F.
    This Canadian boy thought it was something like hell..... :D
    But seriously I thought why in hell would anyone live out here ? :eek::D:D

15. You mean Van Horn, Tx? If so, I don't really know! I guess the same reason people live in Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, etc.....because they like it. I personally never spent ANY time in that part of the state (or the Panhandle, for that matter) and I spent my first 25 years there.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. I want to live in Arizona (Kingman).:cool: JW

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

No, I mean Van Texas out east of Dallas a bit more than an hour, almost next to Tyler Texas.
    East Texas is quite nice, much nicer than West Texas.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van,_Texas

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  18. mountainman2

mountainman2

Exact same thoughts this old Louisiana boy had on a winter trip to Alberta! :eek::D:)

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  19. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Wow is this still the DE-UGLIFING thread? I know that Chip said it was alright with him if it was taken off into other subjects but the weather in Texas? That being said I am sure he is reading this and having as much fun as the rest of us. Really a guy in Canada sitting in his warm house before shoveling the snow from his driveway talking about the bad weather in Texas. It was down to 60F here in Nor. Cal. yesterday. Yes too cold for a California guy to drive his roadster.

Tman and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I can relate, I have those thoughts myself every winter. Only here till I retire, then we are fleeing to the temperate west coast climate of Vancouver Island.
    We could move to Texas if not for the little issue called health care :eek::D:D

Chill out Gary, literally :D
    Yes, the weather can be bad in Canada in the winter and it is hotter than hades in parts of the south in the summer.
    Me sitting in my warm house or office is no different that you sitting in your AC chilled house with darkened windows to escape the heat. :D
    It's all relative isn't it.
    Since we have a pretty large family in Texas we are familiar with both sides of the coin. :):cool:
    Larry

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    whiplash1923T likes this.
  21. Hmm....yesterday when I looked it up on Google Maps, I got no results and it suggested Van Horn, today it works fine....definitely nicer than Van Horn!

Sent from my SM-S902L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

23. nobux

nobux

With my bucket currently hibernating in my subzero garage, it's time to start planning for spring upgrades. My current windshield is 10" high. Looks cool, SUCKS on the highway. I've been thinking about building another one at around 14-16". Any pics or thoughts?

I also plan on swapping out my reverse eye rear spring for a standard in order to gain a little height. Currently, I have 2" of spacer plates back there, so I can fine tune the stance.

[​IMG]
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  24. A Boner

A Boner

Sounds like you are on the right track. Is the seat bottom cut down as much as is practical?

How about some more pics....

sjm1340 likes this.
  25. nobux

nobux

My seat riser is 3" in the front and 1" in the rear with holes and webbing in the seat bottom. I honestly don't think I can get any lower. My shoulder blades are below the top of the body.

[​IMG]

Running down the highway at 60+mph has the wind hitting me right in the mouth. It's a constant fight to keep my glasses from blowing off.

tfeverfred, loudbang and AndersF like this.
  26. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I'm about to start raising my windshield height for the same reason.
    I currently sit on the floor with some padding and a reclining position, like the Moonkist T...made possible (and long haul driveable) because my cowl was lengthened 10".
    My windshield is 9 1/2" and I figure I can get away with about 12" to do the job I want. I will be doing a mockup to test it of course.
    I plan on building a top as well and love the hard chopped look on a T, but you must be able to see out properly.
    I believe the wind issues will be taken care of with the taller glass and windwings, while the top will cure the neck burn on sunny days and hold some heat in on colder days.

Man...your car looks great with the steel wheels and caps. I have some steels to put on mine and might go that route eventually. Yours is leaning me in that direction for sure! LoL

Wondering, what rear tires and size are you running in that pic? They look perfect to me!!!

27. A Boner

A Boner

I always say when a T is channeled, you loose the dimension of the frame height.....3" to 4". In your case, I would just increase the windshield height. I guess you could slouch down behind you current windshield and drive it to determine how much height you have to add. Don't worry, with a taller windshield it will still be a slick little hot rod!

Is that a Speedway body?

28. nobux

nobux

The rear tires are Mastercraft 265/75R15s. With 20lbs of air, they measure 29.5" tall. They replaced the Hurst cheaters that I could never get balanced. Plus the recaps were SOOO heavy.
    I keep kicking around the idea of ribbed trim rings, but the car looks so simple the way it is, I just might forget about them.

[​IMG]

The body was made by a local guy named Bear(?). He sold them on eBay. I don't think he made very many. Decent body. Hand laid and a lot stronger and straighter than the MAS body it replaced.

MO_JUNK, loudbang and AndersF like this.