Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The 394 B -32 ford 3W

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hotrodderhaag, Feb 14, 2016.

1. A little bird told me you are looking for a pattern for a 3 window seat? PM me if ya are...

2. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Spent Christmas weekend in the garage. finished notching the chassis to help clear the 36 radius rods . also made the headlight bar mount. everything is off to sand blast .
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S920L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

big duece, Hendee and Drewfus like this.
  3. Hendee

Hendee

Subscribed. I like your choice of parts hauler as much as your build choice. Will be watching along as you go on this one.

hotrodderhaag likes this.
  4. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

just can't beat this old truck. 66 f100, 390, overdrive 4 speed trans . [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S920L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hendee likes this.
  5. Do you want the seat patterns still?

6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

7. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Wrapping up 2016 with a little progress. Everything is back from the blaster. I would up getting hooked up with a fellow hotrod guy that does powder coating. Originally I was going to paint all the suspension components and the chassis. Now its all getting powder primed and gloss black powder coat. My wheels were done by another shop that was very expensive, But they look great. Chassis and all the other parts go out right after the first of the year to get done. I spoke with Mr. Flop about my body. I'm picking it up on Feb 12th, on our route home from The Rolling Bones garage night. I'm figuring on having the chassis as a roller by then, with the motor and firewall installed, ready for the body. Hopefully everything lines up well. We have measured 100 times, made templates off of other frames. and it looks perfect. Fingers crossed.

15673028_388623384814195_7696335392436995642_n.jpg 15727263_389872298022637_3868969455213664811_n.jpg 15747763_389872221355978_6519906359000652636_n.jpg DSC_0486.JPG

Tim_with_a_T, loudbang and kiwijeff like this.
  8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Love seeing a "Bones" style build with fat fives, they look menacing.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Gotta hand it to you man you know how to get out to the shop and put the time in. Good on ya. Are you going to do the chop on the body your self or is flop gonna tackle it?

10. Ben, The seat drawing are all made and in a tube ready to send off to you tomorrow....Hope ya like them.

11. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Thank you very much ! This will be such a huge help.

12. Ben, Due to my screwing around this AM on the HAMB I missed the postman and so it will be Monday before I get it off to ya.....Blame the HAMB for the delay......

hotrodderhaag likes this.
  13. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I spent the weekend in PA. Braved the snow storm and headed up to visit Flop and my family . The 3w body is coming along. He is about ready to get rid of that terribly tall roof. I was going to be conservative when cutting it. But what fun is that. I want that in your face, get out of my way attitude. I think we have about got that with this chop . It's heavy ! The bottom is the exact chop I wanted . And we have it matched pretty well
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Drylake, Pufff, exterminator and 9 others like this.
  14. Xman

Xman

Now we're talkin!

15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

16. Ya Can't go wrong with a chop like Toby's got on that hot rod......So dam cool!

17. Pete

Pete

Yes, go heavy or go home.

hotrodderhaag and Runnin shine like this.
  18. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

The body has come a long way . flop is really making it look like a car. I've been less than satisfied with the quality of the panels he has received. but unfortunately there is no way around these issues. just something you have to deal with if want a brookville car.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

StrickV8 and loudbang like this.
  19. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Look amazing to me. What are the issues to be concerned with?

20. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

It is amazing . flop had to use some serious skill to get it this way. panels being stamped wrong , under sized , over sized , crooked ... just typical reproduction parts

slinginrods likes this.
  21. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

You got the right guy working for ya....

31ford39 likes this.
  22. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Its looking great Ben....keep the pics coming!

23. JDL978232

JDL978232

Love seeing this build! Makes me wanna finish my newer stuff and go find an old model A or 32 badly! Can't wait to see it all done!

24. Just checking to see if you have received the seat patterns?

25. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I sure did! They are wonderful ! That is going to help me out so much . Thank you Dennis . Can't wait to get this car done , I'll have to make a stop at your shop![​IMG][​IMG]

26. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

A few photos from flop. The body is 99% done and about ready to chop . I went and visited him last week to check it over. It looks really great . [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  27. Looks great! really dig all the holes in the deck lid.....just would not want to hand sand all of them..
    You can thank roadsir on here for the great patterns as he is the guy that gave them to me. They are so nice I made a few copies and saved them for others in need. After it is covered they will think it is an original seat.

28. spdster

spdster

Since you are going Ford Y-block consider using the Hurst FM-202 engine adapter you don't see too many of them so it is something unique. You need the truck/Thunderbird timing chain cover to use the adapter but it makes life easier. It was easier to copy a picture from the Hamb files than to find mine in the garage.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  29. Dam Ben the 32 is looking killer! I have to stop by soon and see it in person!

30. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

here is an update on the car. ill post a ton of photos below! I ventured up to see Mr Flop for a week. We spend the entire week chopping my car. Decided to go 5.5" in the back and 6 up front. lean the pillars back so we dont have to extend the roof any. It was great to finally saw the roof off! We worked 3 solid days getting things all fit up and back in place. It went pretty darn smooth for the first time chopping a car this much and with leaning the windshield back like we did. I helped as much as possible until i had to head south again. When i came back, my engine build called. The Y block was finally done! he was a little behind schedule but in the end, it was worth it! he did a great job and he did alot of things that we not even discussed. Very happy with this "292". The progress is hammering forward. next week im picking up the body. Tomorrow afternoon we are heading to the Rolling Bones Hot Rod Shop. im beyond excited. Ive never met Ken and Keith , so im looking forward to that. If anyone else from here is heading that way, Hunt me down and shoot the shit. Here are some photos ill post from my cell :