Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '32 w/SBC lower radiator hose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smitty's32, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Smitty's32

Smitty's32

I need to replace the molded lower radiator hose on my '32 roadster. TCI chassis, Afco radiator, SBC. Must be thousands of these belly button setups out there. The 1-3/4" molded hose that was on it fit PERFECTLY. I spent almost an hour with the counter guy at O'Reillys comapring it to every molded hose they had on the wall, expecting I could find something to cut a usable section out of that would match this. No luck. Spent over 4 hours today looking through the Gates catalog and then searching for other photos of that number online to find a hose I could use a piece from. I can get sorta close, but nothing is just right. Looks like the gates 20747 is the closest, but I'm afraid I'll get a kink in it before I get it to fit. It needs that tight 90 and an immediate 45. What is everyone using for a lower hose? I'd REALLY appreciate a part number or source for a hose like the one I had if anyone can help. Here's pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. uncle buck

uncle buck

Take a look at a NAPA # 7286

3. tri-five chevy v8 lower hose.

4. Tony

Tony

What timwhit said.
    I've always used 57 chevy 283 lower hoses.
    Sometimes ive had to trim a little depending on where the motor was placed but the've always worked.
    Tony

5. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

I had a post going with the same problem and don't know how to do the link thing but here's a screen shot

Attached Files:

6. Smitty's32

Smitty's32

You guys are good! The NAPA 7286 looks like it will make it with a couple of inches trimmed off, and the tri five Chevy (Gates 20242) looks like it just might fit without trimming. I'll get my hands on those tomorrow and match them up with the original. Thank you!!

7. uncle buck

uncle buck

When you look at them , be sure to flip them around so you have 4 options - at least I find it that way every time I use the 7286 hose. Yes you will have to trim it , but that's a lot easier than stretching it

pigfluxer likes this.
  8. CoolYourJets

CoolYourJets

This is a super-helpful thread. Thanks guys!

9. brady1929

brady1929

Yes must remember this

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. I swear in my 17 years here this question comes up every few months. Maybe a FAQ/Tech list would be an idea? Of course, folks would have to look at it...................................................nevermind

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. ......................I'm writing down the info.........now if I can only find the piece of paper when I need it!:D:rolleyes:

12. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

DAYCO #B71598 with a spring inside to keep it from collapsing.