Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Iv drove it a few times. Getting all the little bugs worked out for the gnrs in pomona. See ya there. Untill then over and out...

Stogy likes this.
  2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No video?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Nope got to unveil it like the big car shows do on tv. Maybe at jay Lenos place;):p LoL
    Hypersonicccccccccccccccccccccccc

Runnin shine likes this.
  4. WHAT! you have driven Hypersonic and I did not get any notice that this earth shaking event has taken place........Come on Bruce I thought we were friends....Well as 3 window Larry would say with out photos it did dot happen.........

5. image.jpg As Larry would of said....

Merry Christmas y'all...

6. All I can do is laugh at that post.......Good one dude!
    Merry Christmas to you and all your great family.....

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. Merry Chrisma-hannu-kwanza-kus and festivus for the rest of us!
    POST THE PIC'S DUDE!!!:D

8. Egor

Egor

"Cool beans" I haven't heard that saying in 40 year's, wow. What fun, make a bitchin hotrod and time travel. I know a few of the rods that my dad was around made it through time. I saw Bergstrom's 29 truck with a flattie in the 70s it was still beautiful. Thanks again for sharing. If your gramps ever talked to a guy they called Bolts, that would be my dad. Merry Christmas

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Hey egor,

You say you haven't heard cool beans in 40 years. Well I'm only 36 so I guess that makes me cool beans.... My dad would say that when we were working on cars and we got new parts. After we put them in he would say well hell that right there son is cool beans. Then later he would say cool beans JACK!!!!!!
    I will ask grandpa about bolts as I'm here at his house for x-mas.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations, Bruce. So glad to hear it. Hope you and yours had a joyous Christmas. Gary and Joyce

11. image.jpg Art Deco... Putting the final touches on the dash with hand prime fuel pump starter button and vacuum gauge. I need one more Art Deco bezel for the drivers side so I can put in the fuel pressure gauge. Anyone got one?

waxhead and Drewfus like this.
  12. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I've spent a while now searching the Googles for ya with no luck. Now I know that it's not all knowing or seeing but I'll try some more if no wise old fella chimes in.
    Oh yeah it's definitely HyperSoniccccccccc!

13. It's 37 Chrysler. Now I'm on the hunt for one more. I would like to have one on the other side to match. Standing by the car and looking in it has class.

14. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

IMG_1269.JPG Don't let the purists catch ya putting Chrysler parts on your hot rod!
    Or Plymouth for that matter.

Looks good to me though.

Jeff34 and paintslinger805 like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Paintslinger love the Art Deco Bezel...balancing it with an opposite is cool...my only critique is how it hangs down below the bead on the dash. If that is truly the location are you going to mod the dash bead to flow around the the bezel or vise versa or move it up a bit? Perhaps this is all just temporarily located and you have already considered what I see. Just curious...

Enjoying your traditional Hotrod Art Show & Happy New Year.

Runnin shine likes this.
  16. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Something like this...I don't know about you fellas but when I do stuff like this I think about the Auto Designers...its like walking in their shoes...not always an easy feat. Cut/Chop/Weld...;)

PS_dash.jpg

18. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Love the dash, good luck with finding the gauge you are after. I am still enjoying watching this build progress, it's one of my favourite threads on the HAMB.

paintslinger805 likes this.
  19. Hey Matt I already have tons of haters on this car so I'm looking for more..
    Auburn dash,Chrysler dash or stewert Warner dash who cares right. With stogys photoshop skills you can see what I'm thinking with two bezels. Dare to be different and soon everyone will copy cat..........
    Hypersonicccccccccccccccccccccccc

loudbang and dumprat like this.
  20. Thanks waxhead I will try and get back on posting updates for you since you are still enjoying it.

21. Ok so the reason why its where it is,
    Because the back side of the bezel is not flat. So where it over hangs the dash lip
    It's not touching the dash. I also wanted to keep the gauge inline with the others as much as possible. It looked funny with the gauge up higher so I set it there. Now this car will never truly be done. I will be changing it over and over just like the kids did back in the good ol days. I'm already thinking about getting another 32 dash and making this one about 2" longer straight across so all the gauges could be straight across and then make some step pieces for the bezels to sit flush. Just the top edge of the bezel sits flat so the bottom edge has a gap.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  22. Stogy thank you for the photoshop. That really tickles my mind being able to see the future. Iv had this bezel for years and everytime I found it in my swapmeet boxes I always put it aside at the swaps and thought no I can't sell this it's just to Art Deco cool to sell. Now it's found it's home.
    Yesterday after I posted the picture my wife came home so I said hey whatcha think and she said you should of put it up higher.:) Right then I knew I was in trouble here.:oops: Thanks again

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your welcome...Just playin with the modern tools an artist back in the day didn't have. I can do it the old way and its rewarding but this is quicker :confused:...but still a labor of love of art and I dream along with you and the others. Again enjoying your Cool build...Have fun in 2017 Paintslinger

loudbang likes this.
  24. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I wasn't there but I see it being ok that the gauges are not in line with the higher bezel placement. I just see it as the gauges following the swoop of the lower dash lip.

Stogy likes this.
  25. image.jpg Hey stogy when you got time can you photoshop this one and put the bezel on the drivers side as well. Thank you.

Stogy likes this.
  26. I think it should be above the bottom edge IF you can find another. That way it fools the eye into it being level with the other guages. Kinda funny how stuff being simetrical works.

27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm actually in garage doing some stuff :confused:
    But will tackle it in a bit...

28. DAM! Bruce you did not show me that when I was there....So dam cool I just about dropped my R&C.
    I don't have any beazels like it, but sure will keep a eye open for one.
    I like the latest shot of Hypersonic setting in the drive way and the last part I sent ya looks great on it.

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Slinger you could elongate the gauge hole to move it up and the bezel would cover elongated hole. Just thinking out loud if you might be considering that move. As Running said even not inline with the gauges going with the flow might look okay. Have you popped the gauge out and positioned it up to get a gauge on how it looks...enough gauges in a sentence for ya...:D

Here is that modded photo with a few twists and turns...​

PS1yy.jpg

PS2.jpg

PS1cc.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Runnin shine and paintslinger805 like this.