Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures CHRISTMAS WITH THE "STOOGES"...Free Pic !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Dec 21, 2010.

1. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

And he had the Beatle look some 30-40 years prior to the Beatles.

2. A very Merry Christmas to you Jonnie. Thanks for bringing this up. How can anyone forget the clam in the soup that keeps taking crackers, and will bite you. :eek::D:D The stooges are TIMELESS!!

3. The story goes, that when Curly would drop down to the floor and spin around on his shoulder, it is because he forgot his next line. Priceless !

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

jcmarz, Lebowski, Bruce Fischer, guffey, low budget...
    Thanks ! It's amazing how the Stooges cross-over to ALL ages of viewers. And, the Info you posted is highly appreciated !

Joe Besser was a later addition, of course, and,finally Joe DeRita. (Ironically, Joe Besser was also from my hometown St. Louis, and his birthday was a day before mine Aug.12...although Joe WAS a lot older 'cause he was born in 1907 ! As a kid I remember him from the Abbott & Costello radio & tv shows...he always got great laughs. Always heard he was a really nice guy in real life.)
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

mad mikey ! Yes, I loved his "floor spinning" routine ! Didn't know that's how it happened ! Thanks !
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

mad mikey likes this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Merry Christmas Hamber Jonnie...and thanks for your informative posts and the pictures to back it up.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  7. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Jonnie,
    My grandson is 8 years old and he's a big Stooge fan. Of course, he doesn't run the sharp side of a saw against anyone's head or poke their eyes out, NYUCK, NYUCK, NYUCK:D:p:D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  8. Never let theses guys near your car........! Thanks for the info Jonnie!
    Whenever I can't figure something out, I always think.. "How would the 3 Stooges do this?"
    Always got me into a lot of fun & trouble!

mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  9. I LOVE THE STOOGES! Here is a little tip if you don't already know. When your hanging out with the guys, and want to get rid of the wives and girlfriends put the stooges on. It works for me. My grandson and I laugh our butts off watching those guys. yuk yuk yuk

mad mikey likes this.
  10. If you're a fan of Shemp and the old B & W comedies, you can also see him in the Olsen and Johnson movie "Hellzapoppin'". It was a movie ahead of its time in many ways and a classic in its own right. :D

mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  12. MadMikey.That clam squirting was way ahead of its time for stunts .LOL.Bruce.

mad mikey likes this.
  13. O.K. Guys I knew I had it had to dig it up Going to read it again this weekend. Bruce. 001.JPG

chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.
  14. Hey Bruce, I got a terrific idea in the back of my head, help me knock it front. LOL:D

15. One of the short films, the stooges are auto mechanics. One of the funniest I ever watched. Seeing them fix, ahhh I mean ruin a car is incredible.

16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Shemp made me laugh, the other guys didn't.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

You're welcome Stogy ! Hope you get a White Christmas ! Here in St. Louis all we'll get this year is rain!
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Stogy likes this.
  18. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

36roadster, ClayMart, Ron Funkhouser, Bruce F., mm, jcm, and everyone who's posted so far...
    You guy's are FANTASTIC ! Great thoughts, stories on the Stooges !

Oh, and, Bruce, I have that Stooges book in my Archive/Collection, too. Like you, I've had it since it was new...great pix & info. The book tells how some of those gags they did in their films actually went wrong and they got hurt doing 'em !

Merry Christmas Morning...to all !
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

19. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

And a Happy Hanukkah to Moses, Samuel, and Jerome Horwitz and Louis Feinberg! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.... :D
    Oddly, I just found this image buried on the net and posted it to Vintage Shots a few hours ago:
    stooges kingman.jpg

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  20. OH, NO,this aint going to turn out good.LOL.Bruce.

21. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

HAMBERS !

A MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EACH & EVERYONE !

With snow in some parts of our areas, and warm weather in others, I figured again this year, no matter what the weather, you could use some "cool" fun with this pic of the Stooges that I originally Posted a few year's back !

"Christmas With The Stooges" is just a perfect look, at the most "imperfect" group of mechanics, drivers, plumbers, builders, detectives, baby sitters, dog watchers, tailors, soda jerks, cross-dressers, painters, etc., etc., you'll ever find ! BUT, oh how we luv 'em !

Enjoy, my friends, and a Merry & a Happy to you !

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

upload_2017-12-18_14-40-2.jpeg

mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

One of the last photos before they passed on.....:(
    This was in 1975... I was 15 years old then... 40950ad7aacb3a4290229d4478167832--moe-howard-the-three-stooges.jpg

23. Deuces

Deuces

24. Deuces

Deuces

Merry Christmas guys an' girls...

mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. Johnney, wasn't Joe called stinkey on the Abbott & Costello show?I have a Christmas C.D. of them too.FUNNY. Bruce.

mad mikey likes this.
  26. Deuces, wraymen and mad mikey like this.
  27. Deuces

Deuces

Here's one of Curly getting bent out of shape. . :rolleyes::D gif-curley-howard.jpg gif-curley-howard.jpg ummmm Oops! Sorry for the double pics.. :oops::confused:

biggeorge, wraymen and mad mikey like this.
  28. The Stooges are timeless . :):D

29. For all the silly HAMBERS:rolleyes:;):) getDesignThumb_1024x1024.png