Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures CHRISTMAS WITH THE "STOOGES"...Free Pic !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

A SPECIAL "MERRY CHRISTMAS" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE AT THE H.A.M.B. !

AND, BY THE WAY, MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE "STOOGES" TOO !! HERE'S A PIC FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD...

THEY DROVE SOME OF THE WILDEST CARS OF THE 30’S, 40’S, AND, ‘50’S. They also brought fun to America, and the world, in the years of the Great Depression & WWII, and, continued their slapstick fun into the 60’s…even turning their Comedy into cartoons that can still be seen today, as well as their films. ENJOY !
    [​IMG]
    HAVE A GREAT SEASON & HOLIDAY BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL !
    Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

thanks and merry christmas to you and yours

3. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I watch the 3 Stooges with my 9 year old daughter. She loves them! Me too!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

The neat thing about the Stooges is they always cross-over into all age groups...and they're humour is timeless !

Thanks for your thoughts...there's enough bad stuff during the Holidays for many who are in storms, blizzards, or, out of a job. So I thought this little bit of fun that I've had stored away in my Archives would be great to share with all our friends here.

JK www.legend.thewwbc.net

50fish likes this.

5. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Merry Christmas to you and your family........

6. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Stooges rule...was watching them last night on VHS !

I'll probably catch flack from some of the peripheral Stooge fans for this, but I think Shemp was by far the funniest of them all.

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I dig the stooges too, raw power!

8. scrubba

scrubba

Talent is talent , regardless of what ! scrubba

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Deuce...

Shemp was really the most versatile in one way: He did many other films outside of his work with the Stooges. Here are some examples:

"The Bank Dick" (The W.C.Fields Classic); "Murder Over New York" (A Charlie Chan Film); "Buck Privates", "In The Navy", "Hold That Ghost", "It Ain't Hay" (With Abbott & Costello); "Blondie Knows Best" (The Dagwood & Blondie Series); "Another Thin Man" (The Thin Man Series), and many other films through the years as a solo actor.

SO, yes, Shemp was a cool talent in his own right and shouldn't be forgotten for that.

Again, Merry Christmas to each & everyone !

PS: As I write this here in St. Louis, the snow keeps coming down and has been for the last 8 hours. We WILL have a White Christmas here !!

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

harpo1313 likes this.
  10. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Okay ! The Stooges are timeless ! Thought I'd rewind this for those who missed it last year...with best wishes for the Season to each and everyone !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  11. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Merry Christmas from a fellow stooge fan! I just watched "Malice in the Palace" last night so I could see them in their santa suits. "False Alarms" is still my favorite because they tear up the fire chief's brand new 36 Ford Coupe!

Thanks for sharing!

12. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

13. They are good for protecting carbs. too!

[​IMG]

50fish, LBCD, juan motime and 2 others like this.
  14. curlys my favorite shame he died soo early

15. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

X2 Curley Rules ! yuk yuk yuk.

Moe, Larry, Curly , Joe and Shemp

Thats 5 but whos counting.
    Merry Christmas
    MrC.

16. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

"Shemp and Moe thought they were it,Curly knew he was!"
    You ever notice how short they were,compared to other actors in their films? They were giants at pratfall comedy tho...
    "Nyuck,nyuck,nyuck!"

17. pastlane

pastlane

Slowly I turn... step by step, inch by inch

Gotta love the Stooges

18. joco

joco

Merry christmas and a happy new year

[​IMG]

Joe

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  19. Curly had a limp as evidenced in some of his antics.....word has it he had shot himself in the foot at an early age? The guy was brilliant with his slapstick humor........if you really want a laugh look up the stooges fart vids:eek:, you will be in pain from laughing!:D

20. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

2012: If you're new to the H.A.M.B., or missed this last year, enjoy the Stooges Christmas Pic ! Always fun...always cool !

And, for the "FLYING SANTA" and, "SANTA BETTIE PAGE" pix, check-out the HOF Legends Front Page: www.legends.thewwbc.net

A Merry Christmas To All...may you & yours have a safe, peaceful, and, fantastic Holiday,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  21. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thanks for the eMails on this !

THEY DROVE SOME OF THE WILDEST CARS OF THE 30’S, 40’S, AND, ‘50’S. They also brought fun to America, and the world, in the years of the Great Depression & WWII, and, continued their slapstick fun into the 60’s…even turning their Comedy into cartoons that can still be seen today, as well as their films.

With all of the above in mind, I’ve gotten a couple of Three Stooges pix to share with you. This is the first one: Christmas With The Three Stooges. You can click-on it, save it, and keep a copy for yourself. One of my gifts to you this Holiday Season.

The second one is the Stooges...after they crashed their T, or is it an A ?
    [​IMG]

...and a Merry Christmas to all !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    50fish likes this.
  22. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

2013: If you're new to the H.A.M.B., or missed this last year, enjoy the Stooges Christmas Pic ! Always fun...always cool !

A Merry Christmas To All...may you & yours have a safe, peaceful, and, fantastic Holiday...and to all: A Goodnight !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  23. Looks like an "A" to me, but cool pic anyway

24. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I am a Shemp fan myself. Merry Christmas to J.K. and all H.A.M.Bers and to hell with Political Correctness.

Merry Christmas!

25. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

MERRY CHRISTMAS HAMBER'S !
    Going through one of my threads from a few year's ago, I thought you'd all like to revisit "Christmas With The Stooges" ! They were fun, drove some of the greatest cars the we turn into Hot Rods & Customs, always got into trouble, destroyed everything they touched...but we've loved 'em for over 80 years ! Bring on YOUR Stooges stories !!

[​IMG]
    Happy Holidays to you & yours !!
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

26. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Ditto! While Curly is the most popular, Shemp had his own style and was good at it. The later replacement "Joes" were Curly copycats. Shemp was one of the Original stooges when they were doing vaudeville. By the time, they started making film shorts, Curly had replaced Shemp. Curly was not happy about having to shave his head. After Curly had his stroke, then Shemp stepped back in.

27. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I'm a huge Stooges fan too. Here's a short clip showing all three Horwitz (Howard) brothers along with Larry together. It's the only time all four of them were ever filmed together. Merry Christmas everyone....

28. Jcmarz, then Shemp had a heart attack and passed away. Larry also had a stoke and finally assed away also.Moe was on the Mike Douglas back in the 70s{my mom used to watch it and me watch it too} and you didnt know who he was because his hair was combed straight back and he used his real name. When Mike asked him something ,Moe whipped out a comb and he combed his hair down and still had his beatle hair cut. I will never forget that!!!!The place just cracked up. I have a book telling all about their lives they were all related. I have a lot of their tapes and still watch them on T.V. Loved the sound effects.LOL.Bruce.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  29. guffey

guffey

30. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Hello,Hello,Hello...........HELLO!:D