Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

That's such a great pic!

2. bct

bct

3. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

27t.jpg Here's my t sedan.Ive been driving it since finishing it this year.Im moving to Delaware so I will need to add fenders but I think I have them figured out.

robert4005, AHotRod and AndersF like this.
  4. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dougs Phone 2016 003.JPG Dougs Phone 2016 008.JPG Dougs Phone 2016 011.JPG Dougs Phone 2016 003.JPG I agree that it would have looked cool as a modified, but the way I mocked it up it would have been a 90" wheelbase. Its only 100" now. I was just looking for a little more stability at 80 mph on the interstate.

AndersF likes this.
  5. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12-20 009.JPG 12-20 015.JPG 12-20 037.JPG 12-20 040.JPG
    Thanks. I just got an invite to a show as an unfinished project. That just might be the kick in the shorts I needed on this project right now. Hard to believe I started this in March and only put in 2 months on it, then let it sit until October before getting back to it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Tim, AndersF, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  6. dubie

dubie

This is our T-n-A project. A 27 T on a 29 A frame that we have boxed in. Please ignore that front wheel, it was just rolled in for the pic. The grill shell is from a 37 Chevy coupe and the windshield came off a 1917 Durant

front en.jpg mock.jpg

AHotRod and AndersF like this.
  7. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

A good friend is finishing up this touring. DSC01594.JPG

Lil'Alb, dehartcarl, loudbang and 8 others like this.
  8. image.jpg image.jpg

Got the bling back so I can now put the rear end together on the CDT.

loudbang, AndersF, AHotRod and 2 others like this.
  9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

10. A friend of mine has a polishing business and he takes it to a plating company.

11. Rand Man

Rand Man

I will want to see more of that touring. I have a basket of parts for one. Not sure if I'll ever get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

That touring Is very nice Paul. What V-6 is he running?

13. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

14. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

THANKS Paul, next question, what is the bell housing or adapter to the C-4?

15. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

1" thick alum. adapter plate to the C-4. Not sure what flywheel or specific details, but can find out if interested.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Nice black tub. Looks like a 'European version' of mine. (mine's 'traditional')
    That black paint looks a mile deep. Beauticious wood work, lotsa soaking time...That becomes work.
    Will it get fenders? I'm eyein' the splash pans...

17. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Yep, full fenders and hood. It's at the upholstery shop now, but will post more pics when it gets home.

loudbang likes this.
  18. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Sorry folks I just haven't learned to do photos yet. If you have a copy of ROD ACTION magazine, July 1985 issue on page 26 is the 26T I have had since Sept 1997. Larry Bell and I freshened it up last year. It now has a removeable top insert and its still a joy to drive. 383stroker,350trans, and 8inch rear. This is a great thread that I have really enjoyed. MERRY CHTISTMAS EVERYONE..................

19. benflathead

benflathead

Just finished and just about ready for test drive. Completed and sent to Yokohama for the Mooneyes show and just arrived back in Australia 3 days ago.

[​IMG]

20. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Still beating and banging! Had to rebuild both doors and cut and move the body around quite a bit. This thing was really just thrown together at one point. All new firewall minus the master cylinder which I relocated under the floor. Threw out the Econoline steering and replaced with a F-1 box.Just have some door gap issues to work out then the body comes off so I can finish up and paint the frame.

IMG_2758.JPG

21. Va. HAMB Looking great.{ I LOVE 26- 27 coupes!} And yours is one of my favorites. Looks like it will make the Showdown. The Knuckledragers flag ship. lol Ron...

VA HAMB likes this.
  22. A Boner

A Boner

Check out the slick 27 coupe in the latest Hop Up Magazine......you will love it!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  23. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Wish I had your confidence, Cousin Ron! :)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  24. I now have my RPU chassis re welded and painted. Can now start to bolt things back on it. JW
    [​IMG]

Blue One, t-rod, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  25. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

JW, could have sworn that you were driving your p/u a couple weeks ago ?

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  26. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a great part of the build when your putting it together for the final time. enjoy the build.

loudbang and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  27. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Got a couple roadsters in the shop...
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

28. I drug out my '20 T body panels a couple days ago. Started buying the panels before I could drive. Touring car rear quarters and doors for a few extra inches since I'm about 6'1". Touring rear doors are suicide doors so that's kinda neat. Pieces of 7 different T to make this one for me. Gonna be a low cowl car as a '20 ought to be. My "repairs" as a high school freshman weren't so great, I'm having to cut all that out to redo it. That's taking a lot of time. Won't be perfect but good enough or me. Will post pictures when it actually looks like something.

29. I lied. Here it is as I pulled it out of storage. Hoping to finish some of the quarter panel braces today. Removed the rail for the tack strip, welding the passenger door closed. Filled the bullet holes 2 days ago. Going to remove the bead that follows the rear wheel so it'll look a little less like a touring car, more like a slightly longer roadster body. As you can imagine the 7 different cars after 90+ years don't exactly line up so it takes a bit of time....

IMG_0970.JPG

30. I last drove it last September. Sure do miss driving it but it needed a lot of going over and finishing. JW

Blue One, AndersF and loudbang like this.