Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SBC 471 Blower Intake Manifold NEWS UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elco Heads, Dec 18, 2016.

1. SBC 471 Blower Intake Manifold
    Now in Production

To order one please call my USA distributor Jerry Hopkins
    Phone 903 875 9557 P1080196.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Blues4U, Deuces, Hombre and 6 others like this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I like the idea however I would check copyright / trademark beforehand if you were contemplating using the names

3. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

here we go again.......this has happened a few times......but no one has actually made any yet (please correct me if im wrong)......i hope you do - and i would like to be the first in line to buy one! btw the flathead one looks great.....and i would put your name on it, not someone elses.

PBRmeASAP likes this.
  4. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

5. ZAPPER68

ZAPPER68
    from BC

Good advice...be careful! By the way your manifolds are #1. Good on ya....

6. titus

titus

Ross Racing is making them (not sure if they are out yet) he is also making nailhead and olds unit too (not sure if they are out yet either)

there was also another guy here on the hamb that was making patterns, not sure whats going on with his.

and i had thought waldens was making a manifold.

but ive seem none of these actually on the market yet

jeff

7. 40Vert

40Vert

I would buy one for sure. That flathead intake is awesome.

8. SUPERSTOCKGALAXIE

SUPERSTOCKGALAXIE
    from ASHLAND OH

I'll be honest, I'm not sure the demand is that big, the sm blk chev 471 manifolds aren't overly tough to find compared to some others, and I personally think the 471 blower deal has been done enough that it's kinda fade away here I've already seen price drops on most of that stuff, I'm not sure the return would be worth the effort,in my eyes anyways,people seem to overlook the cost of the rest of the setup, and wen they realize how much they will be into the whole blower deal they tend to change their minds on that route, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I personally just don't see much of a market, and my understanding is that some of the other ones being repoped aren't going to be for sale alone just for complete builds.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Thanks for all of your comments so far. keep them coming please.

10. 40Vert

40Vert

I think that if you were first to market, and had it around a price point of your flatty intake, and engineered in the pop-off valve, you would be able to sell out your first batch. Weiands are still selling for around $1200-1500 on the auction site and a Cragar hasn't been up for auction in six months.

11. collector

collector
    from madera,ca

I would buy one or two.

12. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

It's all about price , I would think the demand is close to that of a flat head blower intake .. Probably better

13. We are waiting. There has been a lot of promises, but no action. The quality of you flathead manifold should make people realize that it can be done. You will make Chevrolet customer happy too. There is a lot of demand, but no product from anyone as yet.

14. belair

belair

More power to you. The more speed equipment the better. But I would research the (recent) history of Eelco. I don't think you want to be mistaken for that company.

15. amadeus

amadeus

Maybe its just me and live in a bubble; But I disagree with some of the HAMB'rs that say that there is no market for this; A WEIAND intake sold on a E*b*y a few weeks ago for over a grand!! If you were to make an affordable Intake and the rest of the drive parts ; I see a niche market for it. (The KEY WORD here is AFFORDABLE) and you being out of the country could add some heft to the cost(?) for the US buyers?
    I was trying to piece a kit for a SBC and the cost was so prohibitive that I gave up on the whole idea :-(
    Looking at the pic of your Flathead Intake; it seems like a good quality product.
    BTW; is that MUNRO casted on the Flathead intake as in the famed Indian MC land speed record setter?

16. Thanks guys for the feedback so far, most helpful. I can not reproduce both of them. Which manifold do you think is the better performer / looker the Weiand or Cragar ?
    Thanks

17. Are there any other manifolds that you would like to see reproduced ??? Give me some feedback.
    Thanks

18. Put me down for a V8 471 intake. I'd also buy a 471 intake for the Vortec V6 chev.

19. Buick Nailhead.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Seepwater

Seepwater

I have the blower, drive, hat, etc. but not the intake. Can't afford a $1,000 toy! I like the Weiand.

21. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

We are now doing the Buick intakes as well as early Olds.... and all the drive parts

A 4-71 Hemi will debut in our booth in Detroit coming up in a couple months..... caddy will follow.....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Deuces, cadillacoffin, Baron and 3 others like this.
  22. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Deuces and kiwijeff like this.
  23. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Cast Aluminum 241-270 Baby Hemi 471 intake manifold..........................................

PoRodder likes this.
  24. PoRodder

PoRodder
    from St. Louis

I believe I'd be a buyer for this one.
    I've considered making it from al sheet, or casting one myself.
    I really know little about core casting.

25. SkyDriver

SkyDriver

4-71 for early ('49-'62) Cadillac! I'll buy the first one you make.

26. Larry Anderson

Larry Anderson

27. Duck's Goat

Duck's Goat

How about the Pontiac bathtub intake pontiac bathtub.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  28. Tony, garage art right there! Flawless productions.

29. mohead1

mohead1

Where do i go for more info on those blowers/drives....repo ones....Ross??

30. 40Vert

40Vert

I'd prefer the Cragar-style and it looks like Ross isn't a competitor for the Chevy intake so the market is wide open for either weiand-style or cragar-style.