Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My other 3 window Coupe...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by redranch, Oct 27, 2016.

1. As some of you might know I have been posting photos of my 1933 Ford 3 window coupe project that I bought from Rudy Rodriguez at Fullerton Fabrications in Brea, CA a few years ago...it's been a slow build but we are getting there.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1933-ford-3-window-coupe-new-build.1009640/

Earlier in the year I was over in California and I had just bought a 33 bench seat for the coupe, when it was fitted I was worried the chop was going to be too drastic for me to sit in and see out of the windscreen to drive (at 6' 2")...so when I was offered a 1932 Ford 3 window coupe that had a 3" chop back that was done back in the 60's and last on the road in 77...I had to buy it (...as you do).

It was covered in 30 years plus of dust and dirt from storage, I've spent some time cleaning it and trying to put it back together...there was no engine, but I was told it was set up to run a flathead.It has always been an Orange County car, there is a sticker on the windsheild header rail to say it was in a car show for the blind back in 1974.

Since buying the car I've found a running flathead, had the small rust problems repaired (lower rear fenders behind the door), got the trunk to open and shut as it was too tight before. I'm hoping to have new photos of the car soon.
    The first few photos are how I found the car in storage while looking at another car.
    IMG_0541.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0540.JPG IMG_0554.JPG IMG_0556.JPG

2. Cool.
    Al.

redranch likes this.
  3. Then a few photos taken after I'd dragged the car out of storage and cleaned it up to see what I'd bought. IMG_0950.JPG IMG_0951.JPG IMG_0952.JPG IMG_0953.JPG IMG_0954.JPG IMG_0955.JPG IMG_0956.JPG IMG_0957.JPG IMG_0960.JPG IMG_0961.JPG

CrazyDaddy, OLSKOOL57, Stogy and 8 others like this.
  4. A few more of the interior and then the car loaded on a friends trailer to have some work done to it... IMG_0811.JPG IMG_0812.JPG IMG_0820.JPG IMG_0943.JPG IMG_0944.JPG IMG_0946.JPG IMG_0947.JPG IMG_0948.JPG IMG_0949.JPG IMG_0958.JPG IMG_0959.JPG IMG_0980.JPG IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0983.JPG

OLSKOOL57, Stogy, putz and 5 others like this.

5. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Very cool

redranch likes this.
  6. ...and finally a few photos taken a month ago that show some of the repair work...it's still a work in progress car. But I'm hoping to share some new photos soon. IMG_2211.JPG IMG_2210.JPG IMG_2209.JPG IMG_2212.JPG

OLSKOOL57, Stogy, FlatJan and 7 others like this.
  7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great time capsule. Lucky man. How cool is that. Good for you.

redranch likes this.
  8. That's the way I like to find them..Nice!

redranch likes this.
  9. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Very nice

redranch likes this.
  10. brady1929

brady1929

Great 3w

redranch likes this.
  11. zombiecat

zombiecat

Very cool. Nice to see another one being brought back to life.

redranch likes this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great find, can you run the plate and find out who owned it back in the 1970's? Bob

redranch likes this.
  13. I have the pink slip date 1977 with a name and address. I guess it's worth seeing if he is still at that address.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. sololobo

sololobo

Congrat's on a stunning score. So pleased to know this rod will run again. When driving in my 66 Chevy c-10 truck I get the intimate feel of a hot rod coupe, a stretch I know, but it is all in the mind, or it's altered state. Ride on brother

chevy54man, redranch and tfeverfred like this.
  15. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Great looking 32.

redranch likes this.
  16. Great score.......love them 3 windows

redranch likes this.
  17. Fogger

Fogger

Great looking chop and body. Probably needs a chassis update, but the body is the most valuable part. Good luck with your 3W.

redranch likes this.
  18. Roadsir

Roadsir

A most awesome find!...Somewhere on the HAMB there is a three window body number registry (should be on the floor brace under the passenger side seat) Might want to check it and add yours for the hell of it. That number will tell you if was originally a trunk or rumble car, if you care.
    Good luck on the build...

kidcampbell71 and redranch like this.
  19. Thanks for the comment, I'll see if I can find that three window registry. I'm guessing your talking about this number 'B5208 - 3594'. Mine must have been a rumble seat coupe as all the mechanics and hinges etc look original and I can't any trace of it being anything other than a rumble seat car.

IMG_0550.JPG

20. Yes I agree with you on the chassis, the chassis under the car had been chopped about too much. So I managed to find an original chassis that came with a running flathead. this is now under the car. If you look at the last few images I posted in the thread you'll see the new chassis under the car (it has the wire wheels on the chassis).

IMG_0553.JPG

OLSKOOL57 and Stogy like this.
  21. IronTrap

IronTrap

So rad. Nice find!

redranch likes this.
  22. mohead1

mohead1

Killin me.....how the hell uall find these cars like that....ive searched and looked and looked....very nice basis for a great build....im so damn jealous

46international and redranch like this.
  23. Roadsir

Roadsir

Yep, that's it. very legible too that's great.

redranch likes this.
  24. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Must not have looked too hard.
    This 3 window was listed on ebay

25. Yes, I heard it was on eBay, but I didn't know that until after I bought the car (for less than the asking price). The photos of it were terrible and didn't do the car justice. I found it when I went to look at another car and saw it at the back of a workshop/storage area. I think he said they'd owned it for 20 or 30 years but never done anything with it. I was just in the right place at the right time.

26. Those are some spindly 4 bars on that first chassis, wow! Nice car man!

redranch likes this.
  27. I was sent a couple of images of the build over the weekend, the guy who is doing the body work for me had put it on hold for a while while he did other projects, but we are back on the car now.

IMG_3020.jpeg IMG_2874.jpeg IMG_0287.jpeg

28. Love it!

redranch likes this.
  29. Kid Rocker

Kid Rocker

Looks great Peter!
    Dean

redranch likes this.
  30. Thanks Dean...I'm hoping to get it finished soon, so I can drive it when I'm over in the New Year.

OzMerc39 likes this.