Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. 296ardun

296ardun

It was, stories vary on its origins but I think it was the former Hart-McCandless altered coupe, restored back to street legal. Busby claimed that he remembered it in a gas station when he was a kid, and much later, he bought the restored version. I think he has since sold it.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. A REAL 60's gasser. Gee, no tube axle, no mags, not jacked up/ Just a supercharged small block, likely a 4 speed, probably ran 12.50-13.00 et's. NICE!!!
    [​IMG]

3. I would guess 60 or 61 from the 2 hole injection, Traction Masters and the narrow slicks.

4. Trouble Maker's Tea

Trouble Maker's Tea

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Dave,
    I was able to get up near the start line with our fixed lens movie camera and the crowds were heavy and anxious to see this race. So, I had to fight my way closer to get the shot. If I had a telephoto lens, I could have been standing a little farther away. We were probably pushing each other to get the best view of this historic race!
    At the time, I just wanted a great shot of the race and did not recognize any discrepancies. Thanks for the memories and luckily, I had it recorded for drag racing history.
    Junji
    Pit pass rules were a little lax back then and $1.00 got you just about anywhere you wanted to go at the dragstrip, Riverside Raceway was no exception...

6. thehazguy

thehazguy

7. thehazguy

thehazguy

8. Hubert don't need no helmet to go 10.79!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. LennyFreebern

LennyFreebern

What magazine was this from? Len

loudbang likes this.
  10. thehazguy

thehazguy