Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration First snow.... Noooo!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Early Ironman, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Just started snowing, but am blessed with a furnace in the shop set at nearly 70 degrees
    A neighbor is changing his head gasket in my garage... without heat. Poor Fred the 41 is waiting outside for him to finish.

Am so happy and blessed to have this comfortable space for winter projects!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jnaki and kiwijeff like this.
  2. I'm jealous. We have around a foot and half of snow. This morning temp was -9f and with windchill -35f

3. PoRodder

PoRodder
    from St. Louis

My shop is so cold.

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No accumulation here yet.

5. ClarkH, Capt Chap and kiwijeff like this.
  6. cometman98006

cometman98006

That's more snow than we have in Bellevue.

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

Down in Texas, we have heard of snow.....:)

8. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

9. Paul likes this.
  10. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I've been looking forward to the snow. If it's going to be freezing cold out, might as well have the white stuff. Plus I enjoy all the looks and comments while driving the classics iced over. The salt is ridiculous though.....

13. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Hamtown Al likes this.
  14. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Nice modification to the creeper, great idea! Looks like it would work well with your lifting height restrictions.

Ed

Capt Chap likes this.
  15. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Yah like the ice and snow storm for a week before the Super Bowl at Dallas a few years ago.....LOL

16. My thought of this time of year Fuck Winter.jpg

akoutlaw and Capt Chap like this.
  17. TTTT8

TTTT8

Low 70s , in Tucson, AZ today. Supposed to hit 78 this coming Thursday. But if it cools down, I can take a look at the mountains to the north and maybe see snow 30 miles away. Tough life!

18. metalman

metalman

Guess that depends on where in Texas. Last week I hauled a car to Fort Worth. 72 there when I dropped the car off, headed home, by the time I got to Amarillo they were salting the roads!
    I don't like cold, the older I get the more I dislike it. Wouldn't miss it if I never saw snow again.

Capt Chap, bobss396 and slowmotion like this.
  19. slowmotion

slowmotion

Yur preachin' to the choir, Rev.
    21* and a light dusting here this morning, damn!
    C'mon spring!

Capt Chap likes this.
  20. ...we got 8-10" last weekend,...sposed to get more this weekend...
    snow first 12-4-16 015.jpg

21. Erk.. snow. Cold enough here on LI to snow, although it would be early, but not unheard of. I don't have any heavy work planned for this winter on the Ford. Maybe some tinkering and I have a kerosene heater if I need it.

22. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

23. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Barely got anything around the airport!

24. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

We got about an inch and a half here on the hill in West Seattle. But it is melting pretty quickly already[​IMG]

Johnboy34 likes this.
  25. We got about 7" of Snow here in the Last couple of Days
    and a Dusting this Mourning.
    they say we might get about 12" this Weekend
    I hope they are wrong.!

just my 3.5 cents
    or when the Cows
    come Home.!

Johnboy34 likes this.
  26. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Realize that a measly inch and a half is pansy ass to those of you dealing with a lot of it for extended periods of time... I'm ok with that

27. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

We got about two or three overnight here north of the border but like yours it's already starting to melt! Regards, Dave.

Capt Chap likes this.
  28. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I know what you are sayin';)....one of the worst snow storms I ever got caught in was a terrible blizzard in the mid 1970's...from Dalhart, TX to Clayton, onto Springer, and narrowly arriving in Las Vegas, NM....couldn't see 5 feet in front of me, and I learned my lesson about snow and wind with a good bit of fear! In the early 1970's....We lived in Ojo Caliente, NM and remember 3.5 to 5 feet VERY quickly arriving by morning, and it was colder than International Falls, MN for a week!....I was driving my 41' Ford at the time in high school (Mesa Vista), and was so cold, my door handles froze shut, cracked my right-side split windshield and ended up ripping the cloth weather-stripping off the entire door channels (both doors)...not to mention the starter wouldn't turn more than 2 rotations per minute ......Never forgot that! Not been like that for few decades now, but hoo boy, I sure remember those extremely COLD NM winters in the 70's....it's amazing how many people I talk to on the street who don't know it even snows in NM:eek:......just never know when "that weather" is gonna show up again!

Capt Chap likes this.
  29. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

I was a kid in the 70s. But remember we would get a couple of feet of it on the farm in Oregon. Now if there is 3 inches there. That is a lot these days.

Dad had about 30 old cars on the property. One year he took the hood off of a 52 Plymouth parts car. Waxed it up, put some sleeping bags on it, then towed it around the field with the tractor. My brother and I slid it down a tall hill we had once. But it was too heavy to pull all the way back to the top more than one time.

30. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I grew up in Oregon as well....Rogue River area in southern part of the state...spent most of my junior-senior year in NM...dad drove ''off road'' log truck in Tres Piedras, NM for couple of seasons, and I remember that snow in NM upon arriving from Oregon...I drove my 41' Ford pickup with a barely running engine most of the way thru' Nevada and Utah...chugging along and not sure I'd make it with bad carburetor & waterpump, and NO HEATER!!!......I remember the big snow in Oregon as well back in the day;)....mostly rain these days,...if that....grandpa ALWAYS carried tire chains in the 60's & 70's, and for good reason for all that snow just a few decades ago.

Capt Chap likes this.