Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 51 buick super skirt ideas

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by nailheadjay, Dec 9, 2016.

1. nailheadjay

nailheadjay

Looking for ideas for skirts that look sweet in my 51 super riviera. The stock ones are eh... anyone use something else?

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Back in the day, I used a set of Foxcraft flared skirts on my '53 Buick Special..

nailheadjay likes this.
  3. nailheadjay

nailheadjay

4. I would like to say "yes', but that goes back to 1957 to 1960. Chances are slim in finding a photo.
    If I should find one, I will certainly advise you.

5. nailheadjay

nailheadjay

kool, you mean you sold it! haha. thanks bob!!

6. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Hi Nailheadjay, nice Buick. I wanted something different for my Merc and found a guy on here that did some super long skirts for his Cadillac project. He made them out of a skeleton of 1/2" round tubing and then skinned them with sheetmetal so I gave it a shot. See pics, maybe this will give you some ideas? they wer not that hard to do, just took some time and patience and a little help from our borhters here on the HAMB with cool ideas! Mercury Skirts (1).jpg Mercury Skirts (2).jpg Mercury Skirts (3).jpg Mercury Skirts (4).jpg Merc Skirts 5.jpg Merc Skirts 6.jpg

SmallTown likes this.
  7. Crazyolman

Crazyolman

I used a set of foxcraft skirts on my 52 Buick but didn't like the way they looked on the bottom so I ended up remaking them so they matched the fender line on the bottom and that looked great. You can see my build pictures on my flickr photo page at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/buickfan/albums/72157604632746603

SmallTown likes this.
  8. morac41

morac41

Hi .... If you are willing to find same model Buick hood you could cut a full length skirt out of each side of the hood ..seen this done on a 49 Cadillac ..looked pretty smick...all the curves blend pretty well with the quarter panel...get some body to photo shop it .....photos were om HAMB but have been deleted since the format was changed.......

nailheadjay likes this.
  9. Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Hnstray likes this.
  10. nailheadjay

nailheadjay

AWESOME!!! GREAT IDEA, THANKS!!!

11. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

You got it, hope it helps

12. nh-lead-man

nh-lead-man

CHECK THESE OUT HAND FABRICATED 50 BUICK skirts. They are fabricated to accept 80 inch lakes pipes The front cover has a custom horizontal slot that shows chrome and the rear is molded to except the turn out at the front of skirt. Custom by BARON VON VASNIC No Name NO Fame Customs / East Coast

Attached Files:

• 062.JPG
      062.JPG
      File size:
      231.6 KB
      Views:
    SmallTown and nailheadjay like this.