Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rajah clip on terminal ends?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Huvius, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

I see there are a few retailers for the Rajah spark plug terminals.
    Do these new terminals have the Rajah name and Bloomfield NJ U.S.A. molded into the bakelite part?
    I ask because I just happened into the mother load of the clip on style ends and they are a little different than the ones pictured in the ads. Is there a way that I can tell if these are NOS or newer manufacture?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. The sleeve appears to take a larger wire, is that so ?

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

May be so. I saw some advertised for 8mm ign cables.

4. 55chevr

55chevr

Rajah clips are race only. At least you would need a hood. Any moisture and they misfire. Joe

loudbang likes this.

5. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

They measure out a little over 7mm. Like 7.17mm.
    I have 100 of them, some with "RAJAH" stamped on the metal and some with "RAJAH THRUST" as shown above. Some stamped on the upside, some on the underside. I would think that they were stamped before assembly and it was pure chance which way they ended up in final assembly.

So, I can assume that these are genuine old stock items? Are they more desirable (valuable) than new made ones?
    I will let 24 of these go to the highest bidder with proceeds going to the site.
    Will have to set up a timed auction in the classifieds if that is possible.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  6. image.jpg Well you can buy new ones for 3 bucks a pop. Look exactly the same but I'm not sure they say the name on them. Thrust is the type of end. If the new ones don't say rajah then what you have should be worth more to the die hards. I have a set of right angle snap cages on my roadster. Must use dielectric grease to help stop moisture. Iv also seen guys use liquid electrical tape. I think they look bitchin and work great.

7. Speedway motors also sells them too so they probably say china on them.;)

8. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

Yep, the new ones have shaved sides to the clip part as shown in the catalog picture above but these ones are round. I see that some of them at Brillman are stamped on the metal part though like the all metal type thrust ends (which oddly are round not shaved).
    My guess is that a concours participant may want these but for everyday use maybe the new ones are preferable - depending on cost of course and whether you feel like these thrust types are better in any way to the other types. Wonder which ones sell the best...

9. Ok here is a question for you; those ends appear to need plugs with the screw in tips. That was the way all plugs used to come but all I can find nowadays are plugs with solid tips. Do they make any with screw on tips any longer?

10. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

These clip right onto the little silver nipple which are screwed onto the tip of the spark plug.
    I am thinking they will also clip onto the new plugs with non-removable tips as long as the plug tips are dimensionally the same as removable tips. Can't think of why they wouldn't be.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. I just had some auto lite plugs in my hands last month that had threaded ends

12. New/old stock probably. I have looked at Autolite, A/C, Champion, etc., and they all have the built on ends nowadays.

13. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

14. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

I guess if the trend of the spark plug makers is to go to permanent tips, these or the cap style may be the best bet for vintage connectors.
    They do snap on quite securely.
    Anybody want to throw a bid on 24 of them?

15. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

That's a start.
    Let's give it a week, say the end of Saturday the 17th and see what we can do.
    Is there a moderator whom can tell us how to make a donation to the site?

16. You might want to clear this with Ryan, if he oks it then he can make a sticky to this thread at the top of the page.

17. Becoming an alliance member I think is a donation to the site.

18. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Actually, if you go to the Rajah company website, they list Speedway as a source. Interesting to note that the original patent was issued in 1904 and the company is in the midwest, not India. I've bought a number of Rajah terminals from Speedway with zero issues.

19. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

Do you have that link?
    I can't seem to find it in a search.
    Maybe they can tell me if these are NOS or newer manufacture.

20. troybert

troybert
    from muncie in.

you might check with a heating company ,when i worked in the field i had a large tool box filled with different fittings used on ignition transformers on oil furnaces. used same type fittings and wire

21. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

WOW, that Brillman catalog is great!!!

22. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

Thanks Denis4x4 for the link.
    So, anybody NEED these for your car or motorcycle or even your tiller or mower?
    In fact, now that I think of it, I think my dad's old tiller did have a terminal similar to these...

Right now, the bid is at 41.6cents each! Compare that to $3.00 for the new ones which, in my opinion, just aren't anywhere near as cool!

23. kenwood

kenwood
    from ne ohio

I would take 24 with shipping for $10.00

24. I will give you a dollar a piece. That's 24 bucks.

25. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

OK $4.00 shipping in a padded envelope should cover it.

26. Huvius

Huvius
    from Colorado

Where did henryj1951 go?
    Looks like he deleted his posts on this thread and he isn't answering my PMs!

So, I guess, paintslinger805, if you want them, message me and we will make arrangements.