Register now to get rid of these ads!

Watch "1932 Ford Roadster - Gateway Classic Cars of Atlanta #87" on YouTube

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by modified, Dec 7, 2016.

1. modified

modified

2. modified

modified

I screwed this up! Anyway, a buddy of mine is really interested in this car!
    What do you think would be a fair price to pay for it???

Sent from my SM-N900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. roundvalley

roundvalley

What does Gateway think it is worth??

4. modified

modified

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Not trying to be a wise guy, if he paid half of the asking price it would be way too much. I wouldn't buy it at any price as I've never been happy with the performance of Flatheads much less one with 239 cubes. Thats not even a decent Flathead. Street rod prices right now are the lowest I've ever seen. Mid 50's to 60's cars are were its at right now. I've sold seven with no trouble at all. Spoke to someone who's in a large club thats been in existence for over 40 years who told me most of their members are trying to get out of street rods and into sixties cars. Tell your friend to save his money.

Gary

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  6. henry29

henry29

The ad on ebay says it's a Rodbod steel body, and it's located in Georgia, which I believe is a non title state on 25 years and older, may be a bit of a hassle transferring out of state.
    It looks like it has a generic ID tag someone has stamped their self.

[​IMG]

7. modified

modified

I totally agree with you Gary!

Sent from my SM-N900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. dwollam

dwollam

I like the car. I like the flathead, the wheels and tires, the South Wind heater, and most everything else. EXCEPT for the color and the price. I know it is December and Christmas is getting close but the green looks like to me how my stomach feels sometimes! Green and red huh? In a sea of red hot rods I still would prefer red or white or gray or black or anything but that green. Sorry. Just my 2 cents, your mileage may differ. Oh yeah, even if it was half that price I still couldn't afford it so my vote doesn't count. Oh well. Still nice car.

modified likes this.
  9. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I bought my '60 Edsel from the Gateway showroom in southern Illinois just outside St. Louis. It was not a pleasant experience due to dishonesty on their part and I would not recommend Gateway to anyone. If you're not near the showroom and want to negotiate the price over the phone you'll need to give them a $1000 non-refundable deposit before you can do that. Would an honest dealership do that? If you don't believe me ask them. Also, feel free to check them out on the BBB.org website. Read some of the complaints against them and then decide if you want to deal with them. Good luck....

modified likes this.
  10. figure8

figure8

I have a Rodbod steel body I bought in '99. A Brookville would have cost me $2K more at the time and it was an 8 mo. wait . The downside was the smooth firewall which I hate but I'm running a SBC and keep my hood closed.

modified likes this.
  11. It's worth whatever someones willing to pay for it,that Flathead sounds great! HRP

modified likes this.
  12. alchemy

alchemy

63 grand is way overpriced for that.

modified likes this.
  13. CJ 56 hemi

CJ 56 hemi
    from NJ

Steel body, flathead, three pedals, good stance, and nice gauge cluster/ interior. It might not be your favorite roadster but it is worth a few bucks. I'd guess. Mid 40s.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app