Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Reflections

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Have you ever been guilty of driving slow or even stopping by a business with big glass store fronts to admire your car?

I honestly haven't done it recently but I have in the past,especially after I have adjusted the suspension. HRP

2. 41woodie

41woodie

Oh yeah but it's getting hard to find a good place to do it. Strip centers don't have the correct traffic flow

3. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

There used to (might still) be a bank along O street in Lincoln NE, man that thing was dangerous. perfect reflection of your ride driving by. I loved it. Never got to go by it in more than my daily driver but it sure was nice.

Nah, id never do something so vain and dangerous

nochop, henryj1951 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. slowmotion

slowmotion

Never done it, but I've seen some cool reflection pic's of people passing those polished tanker trucks.

5. The one I use to drive by was at the Volkswagen dealership,they had about a 40 foot length of glass that was tinted so the reflection was like a mirror at night with the parking lot lights. HRP

nochop, Ron Funkhouser and henryj1951 like this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Oh yea, it was SOP everytime wheels got changed or paint or............if the sun was out.
    You just had to go verify that you were actually as cool looking as you thought you were.

7. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

The CRAGAR wheel FLASH happens about 3 ta 6 MPH

LowKat, Jet96, Ron Funkhouser and 3 others like this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hah, yup still there and did the same thing when I lived there. Though traffic is pretty thick on that road most the time so you'd better make your glimpse a quick one

9. Well
    :eek: I can honestly say I have NEVER done that:rolleyes:, well
    Not in he last month as the CDT and the COE are having little bits done on them over this winter period.
    However wait till there out again... :p

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

I've done it many times. Its amazing how good your car looks.

Gary

11. It is still my favorite form of cruising. These days everyone is wound so tight that I try and do it between closing time and rush hour. Old downtown still has some good windows (if you know where to look) and echoes real well too. We used to call that profiling.

@HOTRODPRIMER let me ask you this, do you ever drive north or south on the highway and watch your shadow? That is also pleasing if you do it at the right time of day.

12. hotrod37

hotrod37
    from Indiana

Just happened to be driving around the square and saw my reflection in the window. Thought it was pretty cool. Not sure I have driven around just to see my reflection.
    Did find a pretty good hill down by the forestry once, drive up that a couple of time to go down the hill in low just to hear the pipes cackle a couple of times!

13. 62hotcat

62hotcat

Known as the rolling selfie if you manage to get a pic.

14. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I also do that!! watching shadows is fun too. Especially with an open early car.

15. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

I DO IT STIIL THEN TURN AROUND AND GO BACK. ALL OLD TIME STORE FRONTS.

16. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Used to be an old Chevrolet car dealership that had massive windows along the street sidewalk few blocks from me....I'd drive ''very slow'' and admire the ''car in the window''...haha.....guess I just wanted to ''see'' how I looked behind the wheel and what the population was admiring in my direction:D....that ''blurred'' image was gratifying....at least to me...didn't show all the dings and scratches so much! Not many windows like that around me now....but I do catch a pretty good image once in a while, and find myself smiling still....lean back into my seat a bit more, and a nod of satisfaction....till someone honks behind me cause I'm driving too slow!!!....ah well....grab a moment when I can....it's enough for my own pat on the back:)

17. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

AND what about STOPPED at an intersection
    with LOUD rumbling pipes SHAKING from the cam lope
    on some of those big sheets of GLASS.... ya baby

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Ron Funkhouser and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. ...have always done that, still do...bank windows distort a bit,...must be cuz of all that money in there,...

37   3-25-11 004.jpg

19. Danny,I thought every one did that....

20. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

In a VW Golf Mk 1 it's more wishful thinking than anything else! But it's useful for parallel-parking ...

alanp561 and henryj1951 like this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You know your pretty hung up on yourself when you get your buddy to drive so you can oogle yourself longer and not be worried about rearending somebody.
    Did I do that!

LowKat and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

At least this is a cool thread, ( unlike that rather strange one a little while back about watching your shadow :rolleyes: )
    And yes, Danny I have done that and do it almost every day on my drive to work.
    There is a shop with a couple of big windows I drive by that is perfect to admire my nice clean and shiny 2015 F150. :cool:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was admiring a nice ride the other day that some old gray hair was driving thinking "that'll be me someday", noticed him looking at me so I waived and noticed it was just my reflection in the window.

alanp561, clem, catdad49 and 6 others like this.
  24. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Maybe. May have sounded the pipes off between buildings a time or two also.....
    Several places near me where you can sound your pipes off against the rock walls too, kind of like this.
    [​IMG]
    Havent had anything to sound off for a while tho.

25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

:D

26. wicarnut

wicarnut

To use a Milwaukee expression "You Betcha" vanity/showing off is part of the car culture IMO and I used to check my hair also, back when I had some.

27. I would never do that!:rolleyes: I do look good though!:p

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  28. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hey now, didja hafta go dare.

29. wicarnut

wicarnut

AinnaHey !

30. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

The only time I've done that is to back up to one to make sure my brake lights were working.... :D