Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Fires Here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Nov 29, 2016.

1. H.R.P. Thanks for straighting that out for me.Bruce.

The37Kid likes this.
  2. Noon time report. They are making up zones to check for people and property. 2 small fires have rekindled along the park way .The main fires are out. Heres a picture from our back porch. Its been days since we have been able to see the Great Smoky Mountians.Bruce. 002.JPG

kiwijeff, brad2v, wraymen and 10 others like this.
  3. We will survive ........ that's the good news here !
    Today, in Hendersonville, we can finally breath in fresh air and not have the unpleasant smell of burning plastic and electrical in the air.

4. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I wonder if the Dollywood deal might have a bigger bang for the buck on donations. Once ya drill down into the big charities it's usually not pretty. Try to donate directly.

A buddy of mine built a cabin and he had some difficulty with insurance, since it was a "custom" home they didn't like that, and they weren't going to insure at all if he had a wood fireplace. I can understand that.

Do insurance companies still pay out if it's shown to be arson caused? I can see the reasoning why they wouldn't.. Not saying I like it.. but.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  5. Fatalities continue to rise as more burned areas are opened for recovery. It's now at 10, with more expected. Some missing may not be found due to the intense heat from the wind driven fire. Very sad.

UPDATE at 11:00.....Now 11 confirmed. RIP.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  6. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

It was just announced here in Louisville that a family of five who used to live in this area were victims of the fire. The parents were found dead in the Chalet Village area and their 3 sons in their early 20s were hospitalized with serious injuries. For some unknown reason they abandoned their car and started walking through the dense smoke and the sons became separated from their parents. The story is below. Please keep them in your prayers....

http://www.wdrb.com/story/33847272/...na-ties-found-dead-after-gatlinburg-wildfires

12586166_G.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Bruce Fischer and bobg1951chevy like this.
  7. I know this might be getting old to some of you but HotrodA is right. There are 11 dead now. Today Gatlinburg will have ONLY 1 ROAD open for re entry for people to check their homes and property. It will only be from 10A.M. to 4 P.M. They can not garentee your safety due to down power lines and such. Gatlinburg schools are still closed. Dolly Wood will reopen today. There is 1 good story an 82 year couple could not drive through the flames so they scaled down the mountain to safey AND THEY WERE 82 years old.!!!!Another fellow lost his house and they had a pet pig. The pig was smart and dug a hole and survived the fire, they said no human could of survived the fire there but the pet pig did and was reunited with their owners.Bruce.

8. WOW!

9. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Bruce Fischer any word on this family? For some reason I find myself thinking about them in particular and praying they survived.

10. Ebbsspeed, I haven't hear any thing yet. The count is up to 13 people and they are starting to identify them slowly.Bruce.

11. A pretty sun set over the Smoky Mountians and hopefully a new beginning.Bruce 011.JPG

kiwijeff, loudbang, JOYFLEA and 2 others like this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man how heart breaking. Praying for all those involved

13. It continues to get worse. Fatalities up to 13, and a new estimate of 1000(!!) structures burned in Sevier County.
    Hard to imagine what might have been if the rains had not come. The aerial views, now that the smoke has dissipated, show road after road with nothing but foundations and ash piles. Just hard to imagine a fire driven by 85 mph winds.

14. Just wondering, where are you, in relation to Gatlinburg ?

15. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

so sorry to hear of the lives lost and affected. been there many times, its hard to belive a place so beautiful can be so destructive. my prayers are with everyone.

16. BobG1951Chevy:

Northeast, 70 miles. Between Morristown and Kingsport.
    No threat here.
    A friend has two houses there off Kings Branch and Silver Poplar off the P'kwy. between Pigeon and G'burg. Fortunately, they both were spared, but it got very close. We were just there a couple of weeks ago.

Bruce Fischer and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Some thing that only happens once in a life time.Bruce.

bobg1951chevy likes this.
  18. Slopok

Slopok

Hopefully! Once too many times.

19. Thanks.

20. Ebbsspeed, sadly today they found that fellows wife today but not his 2 daughters yet.Bruce.

21. Bruce.Is it true that today I heard reports the law captured two that are suspects in starting the fires?

22. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Bruce. I can't imagine what it must be like for that fellow.

23. There was a report that two bodies were found close to his wife, and now identified as his girls. That's beyond heart breaking. Prayers for him.

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

God, this is beautiful...
    [​IMG]

Bruce, glad you are ok, so sad about the man who lost his wife and two daughters. Life perseveres in the face of all adversity.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Sadly hotrodA is right about that post so sad.Bruce.

26. Belive it hotrodA we thought we were going to lose our roof here on our cabin.Bruce.

27. If you can all get on face book. Justin being on the national guard has posted over a hundred picture of what happened.Bruce.

28. Jimmy we have not hear anything about that maybe hotrodA has heard something???Bruce.

29. Jimmy, I just found out 2 men were arrested for arson but that was down in the Chattanooga area, not here.Yesterday we were watching helicopters dumping water on hot spots up there. This morning it is a chilly 38 degrees with rain finally here. Bruce.

30. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Glad to hear some cool rains are on your way Bruce. Up here in the northland, the last few days started to be like winter, tiny bit of snow on the ground, temps around 28 overnight.
    By next week lows of 0 degrees f, the party is over for us.....LOL