Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 50 years of "Playing ON the Freeway"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SanDiegoHighwayman, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So your going to enable a enabler? Folks need to learn to take care of their own problems. its not a right to drive on the public roads. If you cant be self reliant and afford to drive. the shoe sole express is where you should be. Just my Curmugeon opinion.

trollst likes this.
  2. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Hope you never ever need any help in any way shape or form someday.
    You are a real piece of work, Old wolf my ass, you be an old miserable codger to self absorbed to show any empathy.

3. I just erased the long rant I was working on. Perhaps folks never did kind things for you.
    Have a great day!

4. Really?

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ffr1222k likes this.
  5. Ok Ill ask you this say the highway man changes a tire and makes a error and the tire cones off. bounces down the road and damages another car. Does he have the required insurance to cover the damage? He could be sued and lose everything he has. He is in direct competition with folks who spend thousands of dollars to provide roadside assistance. The cop who warned him is guilty of non feasence for not ticketing him. and you think he should be enabled to continue to break the law?

trollst likes this.
  6. Go ahead with your rant. ive got a thick skin.

trollst likes this.
  7. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

That's your "rebuttal", a tire coming off, well lemme see 50 years of serving and helping his fellow man, how many tires or wheels fell off, let me see "NONE". Look Man is that the best you can think of?
    The issue with the CHP, yes I will agree with you to follow the "rule of law", and if it's illegal then so be it.
    Now as far as helping someone changing a tire, becoming a huge liability, my god was has this world come too, when a Good Samaritan lends a helping hand to those in distress who may be sitting ducks on the side of the freeway waiting to become "worm food".
    Here is the deal Wolf, you just don't plain like it, no big deal, so why not buzz off and stay off the thread no big deal, really!
    What did Thomas say above, no thanks he is not looking for hand outs, or anything else for that matter.
    You should see this as an example of those folks who take the time out of their lives to help those who are in need during a time of need, think about that, instead of some BS lawsuit comments.
    Wolf , I have said enuff, and you go have a good day someplace else..

ffr1222k, Saxman, Verbal Kint and 2 others like this.
  8. Yes 50 years of (playing) and he has never had a incedent. That pretty amazing. But he is now 70. Im 65 and know Im not as sharp as I was. And he is every day placing himself in danger as evidenced by his wreck with the ford. this isn't the 50,s and 60,s anymore. His lights aren't the sanconed type. He doesn't have the police radio the commercial recovery guys do. Its my opinion its best he give it up and stop playing. Its obvious he isn't fiscally able to do so. He has by his own admission been warned his PLAYING is illegal.

trollst likes this.
  9. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

And your point is?
    He is not asking for anyone to pt him back into the game, and yes the modern freeway is not US 66 in 1956, nobody is doubting that.
    How many times did he help those in need, who were having hard times,no money life's troubles and he gave of himself, asking nothing in return a true "saint" placed in these folks lives in a real time of need.
    Now today, most could give a shit and would drive right over you to get to where they Want to be, like the people who would walk down a busy city street looking down at someone laying face down on a sidewalk, just being annoyed that they are in the way.
    Thomas is/was not responding to serious medical emergencies, arresting those breaking the law, and is there was anything of the nature he would no doubt call "911" so EMS could be dispatched.
    Are you just ticked because others want to help Thomas get his rescue wagon back up and running? Do you think that only those with the "cash" should be able to have this passion?
    I think you should spend some time reflecting on this, cuz you ain't going to make a lot of friends on this thread, just sayin

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Old Wolf has shit in his mess kit:eek:

11. RMONTY

RMONTY

^^^^ LMAO!!!!

12. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Kind reminds me of --->

Though the Wizard sadly tells the heartless Tin Man that "hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable", he points out that "do-gooders" have no bigger hearts than his, so for his kindness, he presents him with a token of esteem and affection, a watch, with the observation that: "A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others."

BUMP IT TO 155

13. trollst

trollst

Sorry guys, I'm with old wolf, I'm sure many here are but I'm willing to say it out loud, so lets say, a car comes along and takes him out while he's changing said tire? We're not dealing with old times here, we're dealing with modern day fools who don't pay attention, devices and self driving cars are becoming the norm, you wouldn't catch me being foolish enough to do the things he does, and I dare say most of you vilifying old wolf wouldn't be caught dead stopping on the freeway either.
    If you want to donate to the hiwayman to help him get a car running, do so, I'm all in favour of helping a fellow hamber, but I'm not in favour of him creating a danger to himself and others so he can play on the freeway. Head out to route 66 and go crazy, live out the old days on the old days hiway.
    Calling each other names because you don't agree won't help either.

Old wolf likes this.
  14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

He has a habit of doing that. :D

mctim64 and ffr1222k like this.
  15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If you argue on the internet or get your kicks calling people names with a computer, well then...

wicarnut, Old wolf and henryj1951 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.