Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I just showed the red one to my wife and she said liked Copper LOL

2. Here's a color for the wife to ponder with a custom gate....

custom gate.jpg

kiwijeff and timmy2times like this.
  3. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Can someone photoshop the black pleats and dash in this interior to a brown/rootbeer color

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  4. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Thanks again

5. 1.jpg 2.jpg

kiwijeff, Squablow and 509garyd like this.
  6. Just playing around with a fugly old Rover P4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I had one once. They are great. It'd look even better shortened to make it into a 3W coupe.

8. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can´t do photoshop, but it´s about time for me to think about color choices for my 34... the frame ist already painted bright white and so will be the firewall. But on the bodycolor I´m still undecided between a bright yellow gold metallic or seafoam green, a very bright almost white green color....Maybe one of you guys can change colors for me? I almost tend to seafoam green , white rims... ohhhhhh yeaaah, hahahahaha ghg 017.jpg IMG_4753.JPG but still uncertain...

9. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Seafoam green sounds tasty.

Baumi likes this.
  10. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

What a beauty!

Baumi likes this.
  11. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Moose,thanks for the great job ! The winner is seafoam green ! that's exactly what I had in my mind!awesome . ..

themoose likes this.
  12. You might be onto something there.

[​IMG]

13. May as well chop it too....

chop.jpg

14. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I like to dig through Craigslist and Ebay looking for something different…and cheap! This morning I found a 1952 Willys Aero Lark in decent shape for $1500. I’m drawn to the unusual in general, but this one has a special place in my heart: Grampa had one.

The Willys Aero line sold from 1952-1955 in the USA and until the mid sixties in Brazil. You could get 2-doors, 4-doors and a really neat 2-door hardtop. Engine was the trusty Willys F-head 6, for which hop-up parts were made in the fifties.

I’ve seen these as street machines and gassers, but rarely as kustoms. The body is much like the ’49-’51 Fords (scaled down) and what works on the Ford will probably work on the Willys. I kept this one simple: chopped, dropped, shaved and not too much else. I did have to size-down the tires, oddly enough.

Oh, the bump on the rear fenders was a conundrum. I played around with several variations, but decided to stick with original look which balanced out nicely, once the car was chopped and C-pillar move forward with the chop. Also, I usually like to keep some of the original design, especially if it’s a bit quirky. AeroLark Final1.jpg

15. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Hey, R&K- The guy I bought my Studebaker from had a Willy's buried in the back of his shop. I'd never seen one in person- I'm diggin these!

16. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Thanks, Sinister.
    If I get some time I may do some more variations and a front view.

timmy2times likes this.
  17. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I'd like to see the valve covers black with the script still visible if that's possible. also maybe one with the heads and covers black. chevy-v8.jpg

18. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

All it needs now is an Allison 250C in the front ...

It wasn't really a Rover tradition because they only did it with the P5 Coupé, but I've always thought their idea of a 4-door coupé somehow appropriate to Rovers. I'd tried my hand at a 4-door P4 Coupé in the past, without much success. The shapes seemed to fight me.

It needs a light roof with large windows and slender posts swapped on. Early Corvair 4-door? Panhard 24? Even Citroën DS? NSU Ro80 is a bit too recent? Want to give it a try?

James D likes this.
  19. madfish

madfish

20. Not too sure what rose gold is but might look something like this. I did one version lowered also just for comparison...

1.jpg lower.jpg

21. covers.jpg heads.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  22. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

A few grille possibilities for the Willys. Upper left is stock. Aero Grille Final.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. gatz

gatz

@ rot 'n kustom

Dad got my brother a Willys as a high-school car back in the early 60's.
    IIRC it was a '52 or '54. Maroon 4-dr.
    Talk about Spartan. But it was in very good condition.
    He didn't like it 'cause all his pals were driving Victorias or...... anything better LOL
    Seem to recall that it was an Aero, but I'm sure it had a 4 cylinder (Continental?) engine.
    Could they have come that way too?
    gatz

after seeing your 2nd post, I remember that large W in the grill.

24. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Gatz,
    I checked my Encyclopedia of American Cars and learned that a two sixes were available from 1952-1954 (an F-head and an OHV). But an F-head Willys four was also available in 1953-54. In 1954, Kaiser bought Willys. In March 1954, you could get the Willys with the Kaiser Manhattan Six. A few were even Supercharged!

25. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

26. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Would someone please take the gray and white color scheme in 2nd pic and apply it to the first pic? Also add wide whitewalls, lower it 3 inches and add chrome reverse wheels. Then do the same but use 56 Caddy wheel covers instead of the chrome reverse. And if its not too much trouble add skirts for a third option. Thanks very much in advance. I really appreciate it.
    Paul

green 53 chevy.jpg Rose\'s 53 Chevy rear.jpg

27. elba

elba

Could one of you color artists reverse the colors ? Thank you ! Aug 18, Rampside 005.JPG

28. invert3.jpg