Register now to get rid of these ads!

cant load pics

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 32v, Sep 17, 2016.

1. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

just went to reply to a thread and all of a sudden cant load pics . what did I do wrong been posting pics for ever hit upload file and it shows 0 % loading

2. I'll give mine a shot and see what happens. HRP 10580137_436276889845815_1556826022842907888_n.jpg

3. Working on my end. HRP

4. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

5. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

Insert every image as a...
    1. 0%
    2. 000056.jpg
      0%

6. zombiecat

zombiecat

Is the file size over 8 mb? If it is resize it to a lower resolution and it should work. I have a nice camera and this happens to me frequently.

7. Maybe try a free account with Photobucket,when you upload the photos they are automatically re-sized. HRP

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

is that where you store your pics? can easily share here without being in a album?

9. I HATE photo bucket and the other photo sharing servers. I am tired of going back to old posts while searching in the archives and finding many of the photos missing. A plea to everyone, please post directly to HAMB!! To 32V, what computer and software are you using, maybe someone can suggest how to resize your photos?

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I bet the pic is too big. You can download a free version of Irfanview and use that to crop or re-size photos, its a pretty good free photo editing software.
    http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Try resizing to 600 X 800 pixels

12. Yes

Tell us how you really feel Charlie! :D

Most of the post like you are referring too came about when Ryan switched servers,many of the photos uploaded from personal computers are gone forever. HRP

13. elba

elba

Test for pics
    [​IMG]

14. elba

elba

I did the Corvair using " tinypic.com " EASY !
    Five easy steps.

(1) first, go here: [www.tinypic.com]

It's a good idea to bookmark this link, for sake of ease.

(2) select photo from your files, for upload, by using "browse" key

(2[​IMG] Click on RESIZE and select "Message Board Size"

(3) Hit "upload" key and answer anti-spam question

(4) Copy the coding contained in the second box entitled: "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"

(5) Paste that code into the message that you want to post on HAMB

15. elba

elba

Above
    step 5 Just paste it on your HAMB message and the pic will be with your message

16. gonmad

gonmad

Ok, since you're on the subject, I'll hijack for a moment... LoL!

I can't post pics in the Sunday Models thread? I can reply, but I get this message every time when trying to upload a pic.

The following error occurred

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

Which I don't have any trouble posting in any other thread though. Everything is from my iPhone also.
    Thanks!

17. Photobucket isn't perfect, but you might also consider hating the people who have removed photos from their Photobucket accounts. Or have renamed or "reorganized" the files they have posted there. Or done something else to break the links to their photos that were posted here. Also, some folks also like to share their photos on more sites than just the HAMB. So it makes sense to have them hosted in one central, commonly accessible location.

If you upload your images directly to the HAMB's servers, as you suggest, there's little chance of the image links getting broken and they should appear here indefinitely. But I don't think you're allowed to post links to the images on other non-Jalopy Journal related websites.

The last time the JJ went thru a website redesign something happened that didn't allow the new site to properly transfer all the image links from the forums. Don't recall if this was just an issue with Photobucket or if other image hosting services had similar problems. I went in and edited some of my older posts and repaired the broken image links a few at a time when I could. Eventually an update was made to the site that made these repairs automatically.

Images that are still missing are probably the result of the images being removed from the image hosting service. Or the image owner closed their original Photobucket or whatever account and never re-hosted the picture anywhere else. Or if they did re-host the pics to another image hosting service they failed to repair all the old broken image links in their older forum posts.

18. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

I have been posting pics directly from computer and have never had an issue till now. the pics are not too large . funny thing is I get different reply that shows a red rectangle and a line and says loading 0 %

19. Let's try a test upload and see what happens...

a2166bbc6c68d34a2a4a6032e9095ffb.jpg

600x458, 37kb

20. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

so I tried to post again and went to classifieds and it would let me, went back to forum and when I try to post the part that says browse for pics does not show, it just goes right to my computer pics . when I click on pic it just comes back with 0% loading ,a totally different screen with the square box with the red car in

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I had different photo problems, as well as video. I fixed it by doing a "system restore" which sets everything back to a preselected date. easy peasy. you can find system restore in your control panel if you don't know what it is.

22. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

test--How do I get rid of the excess white background. Old newcustom 56 chevy.jpg

23. How about a little history, that may hold they key? Is this a scan, if so try to load it into your photo program and crop the white out.

Charlie Stephens

24. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Yes it is a scan. Now I have to figure out this photo program thing. Where is it.

25. What type of computer do you have, MAC or PC?

Charlie Stephens

26. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

D
    Dell Laptop

27. Did it come with any photo software? I have a MAC and don't know what is out there in the PC world? Did you computer come with Windows Live Photo Gallery? One thing you might be able to do quick is enlarge the picture when you make the copy. Did you get a disc with your camera that does photo editing? Help, anyone out there familiar with PC software?

Charlie Stephens