Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 Willys from the movie "Hot Rod"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CadillacKid, Nov 22, 2006.

1. HAMB'r Drumyn29 bought one of those cars' derelict chassis last year. We think it's of the now race car Willys. Old school parts and build evidence present at time of purchase. Not sure if still intact or used for some of his awesome Willys projects or not .... pretty damned cool regardless.

mad mikey likes this.
  2. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

If you can get me pics I can likely get the chassis authenticated by my uncle. It would make sense that it remained intact as Mullins had no use for it. Anything unique in its construction would be instantly recognizable to my uncle.

3. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. really enjoyed reading this thread, I'm a bit of a hotrod movie fan too, getting hooked on that film from the age of 12 ish, that boyhood dream of owing that primer grey willys is nearly complete
    [​IMG]
    needed something to decorate the bland garage door behind the build area, so my wife painted this on the door
    [​IMG]
    cheers :)

5. 100% Matt

100% Matt

6. Thanks, Matt - just watched it again. Saw it when I was a kid. Great stuff!

bobwop and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

iconic

Attached Files:

8. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

I know...tracked down Mullins on Facebook and we compared pics of both cars. His is definitely not my uncle's old one.